Arlong Park 1
69 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hack, you didn't have to come with us you know? The help is appreciated, but I picked this mission because it would be relatively easy" I spoke up from the side of the ship, looking towards the green fishman.

Hack merely crossed his arms angrily. "Nonsense! When I overheard that the people of my own race were enslaving and torturing humans, I had to come! They are a shame on our race, they must be eliminated." Hack said adamantly, refusing to budge from his position. It seems that despite being a fishmen, even he won't forgive them if they act similar to a world noble.

I nodded after he finished his rant, knowing it was useless to try and change his mind now that we were so close to our destination. I then turned to Koala, who was currently looking at the sea ahead.

"What about you Koala? Are you fine coming here? I know you have history with some of these fishmen, particularly...Arlong" I asked, knowing about the Koala's past. Me, Sabo and Koala were all very open with each other, and shared our pasts...well aside from Sabo because he doesn't remember.

"It's fine...There are probably little kids on that Island, being treated similarly to how I was treated at Marijoa. I know Arlong is a violent man and hates humans, I wouldn't put it behind him to act like a celestial dragon, he's become the thing he hated the most." Koala said, sadly looking into the ocean.

"Don't worry" I said to Koala and Hack, trying to ease their worries, "We will go onto the island and see the situation, and if it's even similar to what my sources said then we will deliver them hell. With Hacks involvement, we will all be officially confirmed as revolutionary army members to the world government...but it's what we signed up for isn't it?" I said with a smile. If you couldn't tell I was really looking forward to finally getting a bounty poster, it was one of my favourite parts of one Piece and I'm sure many people would agree with me.

Sabo grinned and punched his fists together, "Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting a higher bounty than you Hack!"

'Great minds think alike' I internally said, smirking at Hack knowing he was insecure about his bounty.

"10 million is a high bounty, and it will only get higher" Hack growled, and I nodded silently. I wasn't sure if it was my vague advice from ages ago or just my presence, but Hack had been slowly improving and getting stronger, and it was clear that by the time canon came around he would be much stronger than he was. Who knew one man's presence made things so different?

"You are right, Hack, but let's face it, we will get higher bounties" I said like it was obvious, and it was. Me and Sabo were in a different breed, and Koala was really strong as well. Her time as a slave gave her some crazy pain resistance, increasing her fighting abilltities alot. It was a good skill to have, but it left a bittersweet taste in my mouth because of their origins.

"Damn you brats! Just you wa-"

"Look! The island is just ahead!" Koala exclaimed, interrupting Hack who decided to do his best impression of a tomato.

It was only a moment later that I sensed something underwater, coming towards us fast. My eyes narrowed, looking towards Hack.

"Hack" I said seriously, motioning towards the water.

"So they've seen us already?"

"Yeah, make sure to take him alive, we need to ask him a few questions" I ordered.

"Got it" He suddenly jumped into the water, becoming a blur as he decided to meet the fishman in the water. It was just as much to his advantage as the others, only Hack knew how to fight and didn't rely purely on his fishman strength.

I couldn't tell what happened down there, but I imagine it went something like this:

Hack: You apart of Arlong's crew?

Fishmen: *raises eyebrow* Yeah, I am, you new or something? Haven't seen you before.

Hack: *chuckles* Not exactly *punches him in the stomach*

Fishmen: *falls unconscious*

Hack came up on the shore a minute later, holding his fellow companion over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. He set him down on the boat, lying back first. His stomach had a fists imprint on it and his eyes were pure white, and from what I could see he looked like a Goldfish type fishmen. Superior race my ass, if anything it's more a detriment starting out with insane amounts of strength, it makes them complacent with their power and heavily decreases their growth curve, making it much harder to get stronger.

If normal humans could train and become superhuman, so could fishmen with their 10x strength advantage, but none of them ever did because of their natural boost.

Their power was a crutch in the long run, because if it wasn't then fishmen would rule the world due to their far superior physical skills. It was either this or humans had more potential with their bodies, which one it was I wasn't sure. I knew humans could push their own bodies to perform amazing things, such as Garp, but I wasn't sure if fishmen were the same.

I kneeled down in front of the fishmen, eyeing his face, then...

*SLAP*

"Huh? Wha-" He began, but was cut off when I grabbed and squished his cheek.

"Listen closely, answer all my questions or I will kill you, got it?" I said in my most intimidating voice, and he seemed to have got the memo as he meekly nodded as his body became very tense.

"Is Arlong there the island ahead?" He nodded.

"Is he enslaving the humans?" He nodded once more.

"That's all I needed to know, thank you"

"Wha-" My hand suddenly covered his neck, covering his windpipe as he spoke in inaudible pleas.

I Activated my powers, the muscles and skin around his neck slowly breaking and twisting apart, making it easier for me to snap his neck with my hand.

*CRACK*

The look of horror and fear etched his twisted face as his finned hands fell to the side of his body. Still holding the body by its neck, I gave it a little push and threw it into the ocean.

"You could have asked him more questions, why did you kill him so quickly?" Sabo asked.

"I'd rather see it firsthand than go off something coming out of his mouth. Let's get more information directly from the source now that we know what he is doing" I said, and Sabo nodded in understanding.

"I see, I wouldn't put it behind him to lie to save himself. The chances of that increased the further we got into questioning" Sabo explained outloud.

"Yeah, but we know one thing for certain, Arlong is enslaving humans on this island" I said angrily. "Let's kill these fuckers"

-----------------------------------------------------

We soon arrived on the island, and the gloomy atmosphere hit us full force even from the outskirts of the village. It  made me want to go straight to Arlong and kill him, and i'm sure the others had the same opinions.

"The residents must have information on where Arlong and his crew are. We also need to know if he has any hostages, devil fruit powers or anything special up his sleeve." I said , eliciting a group of nods. Of course, I already knew all 3 of those answers, but I was unsure of where Nami was. If she was at Arlong park, in her room then it meant I wouldn't be able to crush the place to the ground.

We walked around the village, looking for anyone but it was practically a ghost town. Windows were violently shut and blinds were pulled back as we walked past the huddle of houses. I'm guessing Hack had a part to play in this, him being a fishmen and all may have made the residents think we were allies of Arlong or something. The correct answer couldn't be further from the truth, but they obviously couldn't know that.

The group slowly began losing hope, and just as we were about to resort to knocking on peoples houses the person who I had been waiting for finally arrived.

"Hey!" A gruff voice shouted out from the side, and I internally smirked. He walked over to us, standing right beside us and looked up to us with no fear whatsoever.

"Hey!"  A gruff voice shouted out from the side, and I immediately recognised who it was.

'Perfect timing' I thought.

"Hello sir, are you a resident of this village?" I asked in the nicest tone possible. On second thought it probably looked creepy, oh well nevermind.

"Of course I am, damn brats " He mumbled the last part under his breath before continuing.

"Are you allies of Arlong? One of his goons is escorting you, so you must be"

"Quite the opposite actually, we are here to kill Arlong, can you tell us anything about him, any hostages, allies, things along these lines?" I inquired.

He stared at us in disbelief for a second before gaining an angry expression

"You!? You're gonna kill Arlong and his crew!? You'll die just like the rest of them..." He said in a somber tone.

"Hey! You need to trust us. I'm sure you've heard that fishmen are much stronger than humans, but that's only compared to normal ones such as yourself, we are much stronger than Arlong and his pack of goons." I said looking straight into his eyes, but he still seemed reluctant despite my confident demeanor.

*SHING*

I appeared right behind him a split second, and before he could even react I was holding a knife to his neck.

"Can Arlong do that?" I said with a wry grin, already knowing the answer.

"N-No" He replied nervously, the beginnings of sweat forming on his neck as the cold steel touched his neck

*SHING*

In one smooth notion, I put the knife back in its holster and appeared in front of him again, giving him a smile.

"Now will you answer my questions?" I asked seriously, and after that display of speed he was inclined to agree to my request. He wasnt stupid enough to know that his head would be of his body if I wished it, something even Arlong would have trouble replicating even if he actually decided to train for it instead of sitting on his ass. He clearly saw the power disparity between us, and for the first time his eyes held a small tinge of hope.

"There is a little girl, Nami, who lives at Arlong park, right now she is at her house with Nojiko. Arlong at least has the heart to let her outside an hour a day, she will be back soon though, she stays on the 3rd floor of Arlong tower.

"Mhm..." I digested the information slowly before turning to my teammates, "With no innocents in the way, we can go all out"

Sabo grinned, slamming his fists together, while both Hack and Koala nodded in determination.

"Thanks old man, We'll be back when we defeat Arlong"

"Let's hope my trust is not misplaced. I don't know why, but I have confidence you can do it, especially if your little display reflects the strength of your team as well . But I have a question, why are you helping us? Aren't you guys pirates?" He asked curiously.

I merely chuckled at his question, "Not exactly".

1