Bounties and Morley
64 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well done on your first mission, I'm pleased" Dragon said in a monotone voice.

"You certainly don't sound pleased" August japed as Koala and Sabo chuckled. Hack merely shook his head, sending an apologetic look to Dragon.

"I don't sound pleased, but I am. There's also another reason I called you here, look at these..." Dragon looked towards the stack of paper directly across from him, then a few seconds later a piece of paper appeared in each of their hands, courtesy of a small burst of wind.

"These are..."

"Bounty posters" Dragon finished, "Now that you're officially a member of the revolutionary army, in both our and the world government's eyes you are expected to have lots of trouble with the marines and other branches of the world government. We also don't have a good relationship with pirates, so expect conflicts with them."

"Earth Destroyer: Hollow D August. Bounty: 25 million" August read off the sheet, thanking whoever took his picture, he looked really good in it.

"What about you Sabo?" August inquired, peeking over his shoulder.

"Dragon Grip: Sabo. Bounty: 20 million" Sabo grinned at his nickname, "At least they got the name right"

""Well then..."" Sabo and August looked towards Hack who was sweating, but eventually relented and read his poster.

"15 million..." Hack sighed, scrunching up his paper.

"YAYYYYY! Told you we would beat you!" Sabo cheered as August jumped on Sabo's shoulder.

"You know what this calls for? Party!"

"PARTY! PARTY! PAR-"

"Quiet down" Dragon said. Although quiet, his voice carried so much weight that it made Sabo and August stop instantly.

"Now that you have completed your first mission, you will be expected to do even more. These missions could be alone or in your team. Take the time to rest today, as tomorrow you will be back to work as usual training. Is that clear?"

"Yes!" All of the group said at once, and August was tempted to do a mock salute, but managed to refrain himself before he was punished.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Hey..." I said from the top bunk, "Wake up, I wanna train, I need a partner"

The words seemed to stir Sabo awake, but his response was burying his head into his pillow and saying something incomprehensible.

"Fine, I'll do it myself...Lazy shit" I jumped off the bed, dodging the pillow Sabo threw at me for telling the truth.

"Give me 2 hours...I still don't know how you wake up at 6am" Sabo grumbled in a raspy voice before going back to sleep.

"An old habit I suppose...but it's a good one" I said, mainly to myself. It was very easy waking up early to train after all I had gone through, compared to that this was a walk in the park. I also liked the cold breeze and the sun coming up which was why I chose to train so early, it reminded me of freedom(no, i'm not american).

It may sound weird, but sometimes I'm thankful I was a slave, as it practically forced me into a good work ethic. The strength I had if I grew up on a peaceful island in east blue would be nothing compared to my strength now, I was much stronger than luffy was at the start of the series.

I made my way outside, going over to our usual training spot behind the small cliff. I began pondering on the way there. I was strong, but I needed to get stronger. Training my body was much less effective than it used to be, and Dragon wasn't ready to teach us Haki yet. This only left one thing...my fruit.

My fruit was strong, that much I could tell. Compared to the other fruits I saw in the series, I would say it ranks as a top tier fruit, just below ones like the Gura Gura. Right now my powers were limited to breaking materials and other people, what else could I do?

It was then I felt the cold breeze of the morning brush my hair, and I got my answer as my face lit up.

The AIR!

I immediately got to work, channeling my powers into my finger, but instead of keeping it there and letting it rest on my fingertip, I pushed it off my finger, concentrating as I felt the invisible force spread out.

I tensed my finger, activating the invisible power as it turned into a visible form in the form of cracked air. The cracks slowly spread from my fingertips, forming a sort of barrier around me. I pushed even further as the cracks got thicker and thicker and more lines were connected to each other. After a couple of seconds, the wall of cracks eventually reached its breaking point as it finally shattered under the immense pressure.

*SHATTER*

The air shattered, and to my surprise small sections of glass were formed and dropped onto the floor.

'My fruit produced actual glass? Now that's unexpected...' I thought as I picked up a piece of glass among the pile of them and inspected it. I twirled it around, watching as the glass reflected the sunlight with different intensities. It looked just like normal glass and held the same sharpness and brittleness normal glass had. It was practically identical, probably the same as normal glass, only it was formed from thin air, well cracked air.

'This glass was produced by my fruit, then that means...'

I looked at the singular piece of glass resting on my palm. My eyes narrowed as I concentrated on it and just like I theorised, the glass started moving.

I moved it around my palm in a circular motion, smiling in satisfaction as I found it easy to control. One by one, the rest of the glass on the floor slowly levitated towards me, conjoining around my hand.

I concentrated again, willing the wave of glass to orbit around me to act like a shield.

'This is perfect' I thought, marvelling at the sight of the glass perfectly moving to my thoughts without any delay.

'I can do so much with this' I thought, eyeing the glass that fell onto my palm with intrigue.

'I can become so much stronger...'

-------------------------------------------------------

[The next day]

August woke up the next day, feeling well rested. His training was fruitful, August managed to come up with various ways to utilise his glass in just a short amount of time.

His body was wide awake, but his eyes weren't. He looked up at the clock with crusty eyes.

6.20am

It read. He looked towards Sabo who was still asleep, his head buried in his pillow.

'Some things never change...' August thought, hopping out of bed and out of the room, being careful not to wake Sabo up.

He walked down the hallway, eager to have breakfast. His game plan for the day was simple, first he needed to find someone to help him with his training for the morning, while he would dedicate the afternoon towards exploring glass, his new avenue of power obtained with his Shatter Shatter fruit.

He ate breakfast, grabbing a protein bar on the way out before making his way out to the training grounds. It was there where he found his target to help him...Morley.

"Hey Morley. What ya doing?" August asked, sending a wave to Morley who was currently reshaping the ground with his devil fruit.

Morley looked away from her work for a moment, wiping some sweat off her brow as she turned to face August, "Oh, August!" Morley exclaimed, "Currently I'm just reshaping the ground, Hack asked me too as the kids have a training exercise here later."

[A/N: Morley is stated as a girl on the wiki, so im using her/she]

August looked at the giant structure Morley was creating, nodding silently as he looked at how well built it was, "You must have really good control of your devil fruit to do this...which is partly the reason I'm here." I really need to improve the control and power of my devil fruit, and I think your devil fruit is a perfect way to do that" August explained sheepishly, scratching the back of his head.

"Oh no problem, i'm just about done here" said Morley, placing her trident to the side, "follow me, I know the perfect place to go" She finished, her massive form creating a shadow over August.

August caught up with Morley, hesitating a second before he decided to ask her something he was curious about.

"Hey Morley, why did you join the Revolutionary Army?" August asked with a peculiar look, bending his neck upwards to meet Morley in the eye.

"Hmmm..." Was all she said, looking up as she thought about something until she began speaking.

"I lived a sheltered life mostly, staying on Elbaf even when I passed my 100's. Although I stayed there a long time, I didn't have many friends because of my views on who I was" Morley paused for a moment before continuing.

"When people met me they would be fine, but when they heard my weird way of speaking and my preference of being called a she, they were quickly freaked out and eventually left" Morley explained sadly looking down to the ground.

August sent her a sad look, "I'm sorry"

His words seemed to snap Morley out of her brooding as she looked down at him, smiling. "However, I had have one friend, one who accepted me no matter who I wanted to be"

"Who?" August asked with a quirked eyebrow.

"Jaguar D Saul"

1