Liam
53 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(3rd person pov)

Liam only loved 3 things. His Bed, his Sword, and his Grandma. So when his grandma asked him to go into the forest to search for a devil fruit he did so without question. Never say no to your grandma, it was a lesson to live by for him.

He stood outside the room when he listened to grandma chat with the injured boy, and from his speech patterns and words spoken he could tell he wasn't a bad person. No criminal would ever be cautious about getting help from a nurse, they would just accept the help and wait to recover until killing the nurse who helped her. Of course, Liam would never let that happen, and if someone even tried that then Liam would decapitate him before he could even get the chance, he had done it many times before when criminals washed up ashore eager to get their next fix of killing.

He remained alert as he made his way through the forest. The injured man was helpful enough to give a description of the fruit, a circular fruit coloured blue with sharp curls surrounding it. Not many fruits were blue, and it would stand out in the green forest, so Liam would hopefully find it by the end of the day.

As he made his way further and further into the forest, butterflies soared around his stomach as the feeling in his chest slowly took form and got worse and worse.

Was it a trap? Probably not, he already had a good read on the injured man and it was clear he wasn't lying. If this wasn't a trap then it must mean it was the other group he was talking about., Which meant…

He closed his eyes, controlling his breathing as his heart rate dropped slightly in tandem with his slow breathing. He focused on his senses, specifically his hearing, only hearing silence occasionally accompanied by the sounds of insects or birds.

"!"

There! He turned around, drawing his scissor blade in one quick motion. He slashed sideways, sending a slash of crimson energy that travelled through the air and sliced through the tree.

*THUD*

The small cut off piece of branch crashed onto the floor, creating a small amount of noise that disturbed the peace of the forest.

"Come on out, I know you're there." Liam said with a serious voice, holding his blade out.

"Your senses are good, I'm surprised you noticed me." A voice came from the shadows, slowly walking out of the bushes and into view.

The man was tall, towering over Liam standing at a height of 7ft. Despite the black and white suit he wore, his muscles bulged and begged to be released from the tough confines of his clothing. His face looked very average, with bushy eyebrows that gave him an intimidating look, further amplified by his stern face.

His name was Ajax, a member of CP3.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Liam asked, showing no sign of fear at the man in front of him. He held his sword out, pointing it at the man.

"It doesn't matter who I am. And to answer your second question, Surely you know what I want, I want the devil fruit you are also looking for" Ajax said with a straight face.

"I'm afraid I don't know what you talking abo-"

*CLANG*

Liam held his sword out, blocking a single finger which was covered in a silver grayish sheen. The silver figer gleamed, continuously darting towards his opponent, only to be stopped by the red scissor blade everytime.

[A/N: see how similar this is to what Lucci did? CP agents get the same training. Distract opponent then aim for the kill straight away]

Liam took a step back, taking a moment to gain his bearings as his suspicions were finally confirmed.

"World Government!" He growled, the techniques were clear as day, they were used by secret agents of the World Government.

"Hm? How do you know that?" Ajax asked in his usual voice.

"Shut up.'' Liam growled, "You die today."

Liam crouched down, taking a deep breath in and sheathed his sword in his red scabbard.

"<One sword style: Demon Lotus>" Liam muttered.

Liam disappeared, instantly appearing behind Ajax with his sword stretched outwards. It was his strongest attack, where in one quick motion the sword was drawn and in one burst of speed cut through his opponent.

He looked behind, expecting to see Ajax's lifeless body hit the floor without his head like many men before him, but instead all he saw was a gleam of white before he felt an intense rock hard pressure jolt his head backwards which immediately cracked his nose.

His body followed as it was sent flailing into the air at an incredible speed until his body was stopped with a slam into a tree.

*BOOM*

The loud impact jolted Liam's body and created a small imprint of his body in the thick wooden bark. To Ajax, his body looked unconscious but a slight twitch of his finger told him that Liam was still in the fight, just barely.

"Urghhh…" Liam moaned, his unsteady legs trying to find a platform. They momentarily buckled, but managed to stay standing when Liam plunged his sword into the ground for support.

With a push of energy, Liam managed to bring himself  to stand up to look straight at his opponent who watched the whole charade impassively and observed Liam.  What shocked Liam the most wasn't the fact he didn't manage to cut him, but how three quarters of Ajax's body was covered in a bright grey sparkle, illuminating the dim surrounds of the dark green forest.

"I ate the Opal-Opal fruit, that's why you didn't cut me." Ajax stated blandly, looking at his opponent.

[A/N: Inferior version of Diamond Diamond fruit]

"You won't be able to beat me, so just run away and never come back here. Leave me to find the fruit and kill that person you're taking care of. Do that and I won't kill everyone on this Island."

Liam gritted his teeth in anger, his teeth creaking so much he thought they would crack under the pressure. He knew he was lying, even if he ran away the agent would still kill everyone on this Island just because they harboured a criminal of some sorts, He witnessed a similar scenario before. He looked towards his opponent, managing to smile as he thought of an idea, an idea to win.

"I still haven't shown you my ultimate attack, with this I'll beat you." Liam said, grinning at the Opal man.

"Hm?"

...

"NIGERUNDAYO" Liam shouted, running off into the forest.

Ajax's eye twitched in anger. It was the first time in a while that he visibly showed emotion. He was trained from a young age to never show emotion, it helped with throwing off the opponent and never giving away your weaknesses, but it seemed someone managed to crack that shell.

"<Soru!>" He muttered in a deep voice, disappearing into the trees as he looked for the swordsman, carrying a surprising amount of speed. He leaped through the trees, keeping the high ground, he couldn't have gone that far, so his mission would be over soon.

A couple minutes later, his eyes spotted a set of white hair leaping through the trees. He narrowed his eyes, kicking the ground even faster as he almost instantly closed the distance.

"<Shigan!>" He shouted, and Liam barely managed to move out of the way as the finger crashed into the wood, breaking it as the platform Liam had was removed.

Liam drew his sword, stabbing it into an adjacent tree as the action slowed his descent. His momentum was eventually stopped as Liam ripped his sword out of the tough tree bark and safely leaped onto the floor.

*THUD*

A moment later, Ajax followed as his Opal encrusted legs hit the ground with a massive impact, scaring off all of the birds in the vicinity.

Ajax observed his opponent, who was breathing through his mouth now that his nose was broken and full of blood. Everything was the same, except from the small amount of residue fruit on his cheek. His eyebrows grew more narrow as he stared at Liam in anger.

"So you ate it!?" He spat, his rage taking form as his body was slowly covered in opal. "No matter, I'll just kill you and look for the fruit afterwards, and then after that I will slaughter everyone on this island, including your little recovering patient!"

Liam glared at Ajax, his hand squeezing his handle. He threatened his grandma not once, but twice, anything short of death would be unforgivable. He sheathed his sword, pointing it at his opponent as he did before. It was the same move.

"You think you can cut me!? You can't!" Ajax growled, "One more hit from me and you'll be done. Your knees are trembling!"

"You wont hit me again. I'll end this in one blow."

"So be it! Die delusional!" Ajax shouted, holding out his entire hands with all his fingers straightened.

Liam sheathed his sword, crouching down, getting into the same stance as before.

"<One sword style: Demon Lotus>"  Liam said, dashing off towards his enraged opponent.

"<Cutting Edge!>" Ajax growled, rushing forward and slashing his hands in a diagonal direction.

Liam appeared behind Ajax, sheathing his scissor sword in his scabbard.  He didn't even need to look behind, as the sound of blood being spilt was heard.

*SPLURT*

A massive gash mark appeared on Ajax's chest, cutting cleanly through his Opal and straight through his skin. He choked on blood as he felt his organs slide out of place trying to keep his entrails inside of him, his knees hit the floor.

"Goddamn fruit." Was all Ajax said, before he dropped to the ground dead.

"Phew!" Liam said, smiling slightly at the state of his opponent. Like he said, no one threatens his grandma and gets away with it.

*GROWLLLL*

"Hm, I must be pretty hungry. Let's eat some more fruit, the apples were really nice before. Maybe I can find the actual devil fruit among them." Liam said, walking off into the forest, whistling a tune.

[A/N: So yeah, he didn't eat the devil fruit. He was just hungry so he ate some normal fruit]

1