Recovery
50 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been a couple of hours since granny sent Liam after the fruit. After she left, I slept for a couple more hours until I woke up when she was in the process of cleaning my wounds.

"Stay still dearie, your wounds need to be cleaned to prevent infection" She said in a soft voice in an attempt to try and calm me down, but it didn't stop me from flinching in pain as she rubbed the wounds with a cloth covered in water and some soap.

"Are you sure Liam will be fine? Other people may be after the fruit, strong people" I said while granny chiyo repeatedly wrapped the clean bandage around my arm, each movement slightly slow and shaky due to her old age, but filled with care.

"Dont worry dear, Liam is strong. No matter how strong his enemy is, I believe Liam will find a way to beat him. He was never the smartest one when it came to things like words or maths, however he is unbelievably smart when it comes to fighting, it's like it's hardwired to his brain."

"Can't wait to meet him." I said honestly. Judging by how Chiyo described him, he must be really strong or Chiyo is a brilliant hype man to Liam.

*SLAM*

The sound of a door shutting was heard from the room, and granny chiyo smiled, looking at me.

"Looks like you don't have to wait long." She said, and right on queue the door opened and in walked Liam. His nose was busted and broken, but other than that the man called Liam was fine.

He certainly didn't look like I expected, which was a 30 year old man all serious like in some Japanese swordsman clothes. Instead he looked to be about 19, and had white hair and some stubble on his face. The blade he carried also interested him, as it was one of a kind he had never seen before. He could immediately tell the quality was good, but it's shape was something he was unfamiliar with despite all the different shapes and sizes of swords.

"Oh Liam, you're hurt." Granny Chiyo said worriedly, waddling over to Liam as she rested her cheek on Liam to see if it was ok.

"I'm fine Granny. You can heal me later." Liam said, slightly quelling Chiyo's worry, but she remained persistent as she inspected his nose.

"Are you sure?" Chiyo asked, and Liam nodded. Liam turned his eyes towards me next, where he looked at me with a sense of…happiness?

"I've got your fruit, here" Liam chucked the blue fruit onto the bed. I opened my eyes wide in shock, and looked towards Liam. ready to thank him.

"Save the thanks, don't mention it." Liam said as he left the room, sending one last smile towards Chiyo.

*SLAM*

The door closed, making Chiyo turn her attention back to me, "Forgive him, he has a hard time getting used to other people. It's not often we get visitors, and"

"Don't mention it, I understand." I replied with a smile, but my mind was focused on other things. If Liam came back injured and with the devil fruit, then that must mean he fought someone, most likely a world government agent. It begged the question…how strong was Liam?

I sighed, leaning back into my bed. I was tired, I would think about this later.

----------------------------------

(3rd person pov)

The next day August awoke only to find Liam at the end of his bed, sitting there sharpening his weirdly shaped blade. Observing it further than he did yesterday, he realised it looked like a half a pair of scissors which had been painted a blood red colour.

Liam noticed his gaze on his sword, and looked at his blade with a trace of reminiscentness.

"It was a gift from my father." Liam started, his eyes seemingly lost in his own world as he recalled the past.

"It's a good blade." August complimented, and Liam nodded his head.

"It's quality is on par with the 21 great grade swords." Liam informed him. His eyes suddenly turned serious like he just remembered something, and his eyes gazed into August's staring intently at them.

"Who do you work for?" Liam suddenly asked, making August slightly flinch at the blunt question. Chiyo wasn't kidding, but August couldn't say he had never been blunt, it was something he picked up from Dragon. He chose his next words carefully, as he was pretty much powerless to do anything should Liam decide to kill him.

"What do you mean?"

"You were tasked with getting that devil fruit for your boss right? But I'm unsure of who your boss is. You certainly don't work for the world government, and you're too nice to be a pirate. Maybe someone underground who deals with devil fruit trade? That's my best guess." Liam explained.

August sighed, mentally praising Liam for his deductions, "I'm a part of the Revolutionary Army, have you heard of them?" August asked, and at Liams shake of the dead he continued:

"It's an organisation dedicated to overthrowing the celestial dragons and the current world government. I stole the fruit that both the world government and army wanted, so the world government agent followed me all the way here and we fought." August explained, watching Liam's face intently, trying to pick up on any changes in his expressions.

"Your Island was abandoned by the World Government right? Failed to pay the Celestial Tribute and turned into a lawless place. I remember asking why we didn't add that Island to our territories, and I just remembered the answer. It was you wasn't it? You protected the Island and brought some sort of stability to this place." August asked, groaning as he sat up on the bed.

"Both of us have seen the corruption of the World Government and experienced it firsthand." August pushed his point more, his bandaged hand reaching up and touching Liam's shoulder.

"What are you asking?"

"I'm asking, if you would join us." August stated.

"Join you?" Liam questioned.

"Mhm" August nodded, "Everyone here would be welcome in the Revolutionary Army. You and Granny Chiyo would be wonderful additions to the Revolutionary Army, and the rest of them can easily be trained up."

Liam was motionless for a couple of seconds, thinking about the opportunity, but he obviously had his suspicions.

"Fight? The world government? There's a reason they have stayed in power since its formation, do you really believe you can take it down?" Liam asked.

August nodded intently, his eyes conveying complete conviction and zero doubt.

"Our leader is Dragon, a man with a 1.5 billion bounty. With his leadership, the Revolutionary Army has taken over 20 countries into its arms against the enemy. If there's anyone to destroy the vermin in Marijoa, it's him."

Hearing this, Liam clenched his fist tightly. Unwanted memories were brought up to the surface as he remembered that night 8 years ago. He felt his breath getting quicker as he relived what transpired.

His mother…His father…

He felt his breath quicken even more as he was covered in his parents blood. He couldn't…He couldn't breathe.

"Hey!" August's voice, which was stern but calming, pulled him out of his dream. He took a deep breath, feeling he could finally breathe again and calmed down.

"It looks like this is a topic that hits too close to home, I'm sorry." August apologized with a sad look.

Liam shook his head, "No, it's fine…I'll speak to my Grandma, she's practically the mayor of this town, so if she agrees then the rest of us will agree. We also need to verify your information first, so let's hope she knows something about this Revolutionary Army, it all sounds too good to be true."

With those final words, Liam made his way out of the room, leaving August to think back on the conversation. He believed he made a good argument and hoped Chiyo would accept the offer. The more men they had, the better, and Liam and Chiyo's worth would significantly boost the power of the Revolutionary Army.

1