119. Departing from Konohagakure to Rescue Misaka and Uta.
495 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>

While Kaito established his friendship with Naruto and others during their lunch in Ichiraku ramen, a memory suddenly came into his head, informing him that one of the clones he sent out to help negotiate in another village had been destroyed.

Based on the memory he just got, while their real body enjoying their time in Konoha, Aika and Kaito (clone) in Kumo manage to stop the battle between Misaka and Killer Bee duel. Kaito warned Misaka about getting punishment, while Aika quickly apologized to Killer Bee and then offered compensation as they did in Konoha.

Fortunately, Killer Bee quickly agrees with her proposal and ceases the hostility to them. The major reason for his decision is that Killer Bee seems also to mistake Kaito's identity as the 4th Hokage son, like Konoha, did. 

As always, Kaito quickly rebuts his accusation, but like what happened in Konoha, Killer Bee simply doesn't believe him, and his appearance and ability are too similar.

Unfortunately for them, as everyone grouped to talk about compensation, all of them suddenly got attacked by Deidara who threw his 'explosive' birds to their location from the sky. None of the chat group members/Killer Bee realize that Deidara and Tobi watch them since they hide far away in the sky.

Although it was supposed to be a surprise attack, almost all of the people were able to react to his attack as everyone got combat experience to some degree. 

Well, except for Uta, which is reacted too late to avoid the incoming attack. Uta quickly panicked under pressure and stunned in place-- even though she just flew away with her devil wing. 

Because of this, seeing her dire situation, Kaito and Aika clone made a quick split-second decision to protect Uta by throwing themselves into the bomb, effectively destroying themselves while also stopping the attack and informing the main body about the situation.

...

After getting the memory and uploading it into the chat group real quick, with a serious look, Kaito turned at Erina and others, "Everyone, there is a situation."

"Situation?" (Erina)

"What happened, Kaito?" (Saitama)

"Our clone in Kumogakure has been destroyed," Kaito admitted, which makes everyone become alerted.

"Did the negotiation fail?" Erina inquired.

"No. "Kaito shook his head, "The situation has changed, I have uploaded the context to the chat group, so you can look for it."

"Understood. I will look to it real quick." (Hisako)

...

Hearing what Kaito said, everyone then proceeds to open the chat group to learn what's happening--- except for Kakashi and Naruto who are clueless about their current situation (and not a chat group member). Especially when Kaito and others used words they didn't recognize, such as chat group and upload.

"What you guys talking about, Kaito?" Naruto asked, "Is there something serious that happened?"

Kaito glanced at Aika, who nodded slightly indicating allowance, and quickly answered Naruto, "In a short story, both of my and Aika's clones that we sent to Kumogakure for negotiation have been destroyed." 

"You are sending a clone... for an important talk to another village?" Kakashi said while being bewildered. 

"Uh... I mean, it's still us, anyway." Kaito averted his sight in embarrassment. 

He knows doing such important things with clones is somewhat disrespectful, but in his defense, there is no way for them to be in 3 locations at the same time anyway.

"A-Anyway, what is happening is that during the talk with Jinchuriki of Kumogakure, we suddenly got attacked by Akatsuki members, and our clones were destroyed in the process."

""Akatsuki!!""

Hearing Akatsuki is currently attacking Kumogakure, both Kakashi and Naruto really surprised and quickly become alerted. Obviously, since their rescue mission in Sunagakure, they have paid extra attention to this terrorist organization-- especially since they seem to target Jinchuriki like Naruto.

"Akatsuki attacking Kumogakure..." 

Kakashi frowned upon hearing Kaito's info and then muttered, "This information must be reported to Hokage."

"Kakashi-sensei!" 

Naruto also understanding the importance of this matter quickly stood up but Kakashi gestured for him to calm down. 

"Kaito-kun, can you follow me to the Hokage office? We need to hear the details of what you just said." 

"I am afraid not, Kakashi-san." 

"Why?"

"Both I and Aika planned to help our members immediately in Kumogakure." 

Kaito answered and then glanced at Erina's team as he asked, "After watching the memory, anyone here want to follow us to help Uta and Misaka?"

Immediately, Saitama, Erina, and Hisako quickly raised their hand, also determined to help after being aware of the situation.

Even though they haven't explored all the famous culinary spots in Konohagakure yet, they more care about the safety of their fellow chat group members... especially after watching the Kaito memory provided in the chat group.

"I see. Then, we will leave first, Kaito-san." 

Hearing his answer, Kakashi completely understands Kaito's decision to help his subordinate first. 

"Wait a second Kakashi-san, although I can't leave with you to the Hokage office, Let me do something real quick to help you."

After that, Kaito quickly released another clone to stay in Konoha and ordered himself to follow Kakashi's instructions. This action made Kakashi a little embarrassed because he forgot about the clone, but he was also grateful because, with Kaito's clone, they would be able to get more detailed information about what happened.

"I will leave my clone here to help you report to Tsunade-san. Who knows, we might need help to fight Akatsuki depending on how dangerous they are." 

"Understood. Thank you for your assistance." 

...

After saying goodbye to Kaito, Kakashi, Naruto and his clone Kaito quickly left Ichiraku Ramen for the Hokage's office. Shortly after, Kaito and everyone also leave Konoha back to their village in preparation to help Uta and Misaka since most of the chat group members are also aware of the situation.

======

[God Tongue]: "Uta, you are okay, right?!"

[Scarlet Mansion Headmaid]: "The memory was cut off because of a clay bomb explosion from Deidara. Miss Uta, are you injured?"

[Musician of Red Hair Pirate]: "Don't worry! Thanks to both Kaito and Aika clones, the explosion only affected me slightly."

[Owner]: "Good to hear that."

[Mage of Exodus]: "Indeed. It was a very good decision by our clones."

[Musician of Red Hair Pirate]: "I am so sorry for being a burden!"

[God Tongue]: "Don't belittle yourself, it was a very unexpected situation. I probably also doing the same if I am in the same situation."

[Necromancer]: "You are a singer, not a fighter. Not to mention in SAO, you are the least member who participated in combat."

[Queen of Sekirei]: "Still, I think you should train your physical ability more in the future... at least to protect yourself from getting harmed."

[Necromancer]: "I can help with that, Uta-san."

[Musician of Red Hair Pirate]: "Please guide me well in the future, Yuu-san!

With this incident, Uta is determined to train herself in the future so that this incident does not happen again. Even though she is a singer and not a fighter, she realizes that she must at least have the ability to protect herself, so as not to become a burden on the other members.

[Owner]: "Speaking of which, Uta-san, I will be there shortly after with everyone who agrees to help. Right now, we are already back in the village and in the process of picking some members to go together."

[Necromancer]: "Uta is my friend. I want to help."

[Caped Baldy]: "Count me in too."

[Scarlet Devil Headmaid]: "I will also participate in case something dangerous happens."

[Musician of Red Hair Pirate]: "Everyone!" 

Honestly, looking at the people who were willing to come, Kaito felt happy that the chat group was so united when the members were in trouble. However, Kaito hopes that in the future there will be other members who can teleport because this ability is perfect for escaping and is suitable for non-combatants like Uta and Erina.

[Owner]: "So yeah, just stay safe for a minute and we will be there okay?"

[Musician of Red Hair Pirate]: "Don't worry, I understand! Besides, My situation is safe and there are no problems at the moment because I managed to capture Deidara using my devil fruit ability."

[Owner]: "Really? How did you do that?"

[Musician of Red Hair Pirate]: "Well, in a short story Deidara seems to want to take me hostage after witnessing my low physical performance... but when he got close enough to me, I used my ability that has been enhanced by the system to put him into sleep."

[SAO Top Blacksmith]: "Damn, I almost forget your ability, Uta-san. That's awesome!"

[Queen of Sekirei]: "Indeed. She may be weak, but her ability is one of the trickiest to deal with."

[Owner]: "...Your ability is already crazy enough and you ask the system to enhance it. Remind me to not piss you off, Uta-san"

[Musician of Red Hair Pirate]: "You better not be, Kaito-kun. Pfft!"

Even though Uta is not a member of his harem, Kaito remains worried about her potential abilities since she is one of his new peerage members. He can imagine what the girls could do to him by taking advantage of Uta's abilities. When the affairs of this world are finished, Kaito promises to himself that he will try to find the ability to prevent himself from being affected by illusions or any kind of mental attack.

[Mage of Exodus]: "Anyway, That's a good thing to hear. I wonder where is Misaka though? @Railgun Girl."

[God Tongue]: "That's a good question. Since you are fine, where is Misaka-san?"

[Owner]: "Yeah, I wonder why she did not respond here. Do you know something @Musician of Red Hair Pirate?"

[Musician of Red Hair Pirate]: "About that... She currently chasing Tobi in the mountain range of Kumogakure"

[Owner]: "Chasing?"

[Necromancer]: "...She is chasing a spatial ability user?"

[Musician of Red Hair Pirate]: "Misaka said that she also wanted to capture him like I did because she doesn't want to lose to me."

[Mage of Exodus]: "Are you sure that she just wanted to fight? Did she forget Tobi's ability allowed him to escape anytime he wanted to? Since none of you have a spatial ability.

=====

While the chat group members were speechless hearing what Misaka was doing, Misaka herself was busy chasing and trying to attack Tobi, who didn't take Misaka seriously at all.

Misaka tried his best to attack Tobi using her speed advantage, but unfortunately, he keeps slip away thanks to his Kamui. Even though Misaka knew how it worked, none of her attacks landed on him because he was too cautious and had more experience in combat compared to her. In fact, at this moment, taking advantage of Misaka's childish attitude (as she is quite arrogant with her new ability), he currently learned all the information he could about the Kaito group and the village-- because that was his purpose here as most Akatsuki already noticed their presence. 

"Hahahaha! Girl, you are so funny, to keep throwing lightning randomly like a child tantrum!" Tobi mocked while clapping his hand in amusement.

"Shut up! Be a man and face me directly!" Misaka yelled and then inspired by the Pokemon anime she already watched, she used the Pikachu move to Tobi who stood on the ground, "100.000-volt release!

Seeing the obvious incoming attack, Tobi immediately activated his Kamui again and moved to a place that was not affected by Misaka's lightning.

"Oops! I may be a man but I am not that stupid~" Tobi continued mocking, "Are you one of the stronger Kaitogakure ninjas? You look quite stupid, brat!"

"I am not stupid!" Misaka replied as she continued chasing him by turning into lightning, "You will know how strong I am after my railgun hits you!"

"Hahahaha! I can escape and there's nothing you can do about it, girl!"

...

Misaka then continued to chase Obito and still couldn't get a single hit, while Tobi himself kept toying with her all the time. This situation persists until Kaito comes with the rest of the chat group to follow up, and by then Obito going to regret that he didn't escape earlier.

>>>>>

I had a lot of difficulties writing this chapter, as I did several times of rewrite (you might notice how rough it was described at the beginning).

I was still not quite satisfied with this chapter, but I think I already spent too long on this one.

Also, it's only half of the plot I originally planned to happen in this chap before, but since it feels too long (thanks to chat group chat lol), I decided to cut it in half.

Expect the next chapter to come in a week.

 

16