38. Future Plan and New Landlord.
3k 4 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>

"So for summary... Until you have become strong enough and pay your debt with Ravel Phenex, you won't touch any of us... Isn't it?" Miya asked for confirmation.

"That's it."

...

Kaito sits down and takes a sip of tea that Miya just prepared for him earlier from the kitchen. It takes him an hour of the questioning-answering session to explain all of his circumstances to all of his girls... Which is exhausting, to say the least.

"Master, what is your plan to get stronger?" Sakuya suddenly asks.

Kaito put down his tea and frowned hearing this question. The easiest way to get stronger is to use points and get a lot of powerful abilities or items from the store. But the problem is the points--

"For now, I plan to stay in our base world for a while before comeback to my world in order to train myself" Kaito answered. 

"Stay?"

Kaito nodded and then requested, "I will need to ask both of your guidance to train me, Miya-san, and Sakuya-san."

"Sure." Miya agrees without hesitation to his request.

"I will do my best to teach you." Sakuya followed.

...

Hearing their positive response, Kaito let out of breath in relief. Since his fight against Miya, Kaito knows that his combat experience is severely lacking and he needs to work on that. Kaito admit that it was lucky that Miya doesn't want to injure him at all... or he might end up in the hospital by now. 

He also has a theory that the system power evaluation is not only dependent on pure strength, but also on technique. Like, Kaito believes Siris and Karlamine who got power evaluation 3* from the system doesn't have much difference from him in term of physical strength. What makes them stronger than Kaito is their experience in combat, not to mention they should already fully grasp their ability as a devil.

Knowing this, Kaito knew he had to work to control his power as a devil and enrich his knowledge in combat. This is something he needs to do soon or later, as he knows that in a fight, strength is not everything.

...

"But are you sure you won't come back, master? I thought you are going to put Ravel inside the chat group." Sakuya asked curiously.

"I really do... but... " Kaito then shook his head and explained, "The problem is that I don't have enough points to invite everyone."

Kaito smiled at Miya and Sakuya then continue said, "Besides, I have promised that I will bring both of you into the chat group." 

Using the calculation, Kaito needs another 30000 points to invite both Sakuya and Miya into the chat group... Which is something he doesn't have now. Aside from that, Kaito also got the feeling that the girls might also want to follow him, especially Sakuya. Because if Sakuya wanted to follow him, he really can't do anything to stop her since she is his summon and has the right to do so considering their soul are linked together.

As Kaito still thinks about what he should do next, Akitsu gives him a reminder about why the chat group wanted him to come back faster.

"Master,  The daily task and daily sign won't be active if your world time keeps freezing... if you do not come back..." Akitsu stated with an expressionless face, but there is a hint of concern in her tone.

"Ah... Wait a minute. I forget about that."

'System, how many points do I need to make daily task function not bound to the time on high school DxD world?'

*DING*

=====

[The Daily Task and other features would be able to function normally after upgrading the chat group to level 2 since the time of the features will be bound to the base world.]

=====

'That's really good news for me' 

... 

If he know about this earlier, Kaito wouldn't hesitate to upgrade the chat group early. After all, as the owner, he gets the biggest benefit with the daily task... Thanks to his privilege.

With this information, Kaito quickly called Akitsu and ordered, "Akitsu, tell the chat group member that the features would be back normally when I upgrade this chat group level."

Akitsu nodded but then she asked, "...You don't want to take a look inside the chat group, master?"

Kaito shook his head and replied, "I will do it later when I have done upgrading the chat group. What happened? Did someone want to find me?"

Akitsu nodded and then said, "Railgun girl is looking for you. The other also waiting for you to take action."

"Ah."

...

Hearing what Akitsu just said, Kaito quickly understand the situation inside the chat group might be on fire due to information of Misaka's sister's plan. Thankfully it seems Misaka Mikoto does not act on her own and listen to his words, unlike what he predicted before.

'Taking out all 20000 Misaka sister to our base world... That might be a good idea'  Kaito thought. 

...

Kaito turned at Akitsu and said, "I understand, Tell in the chat group we will leave this world at noon so tell Railgun Girl that we might as well meet on the base world." 

"Yes, master." Akitsu nodded and proceeded to tell what Kaito just said inside the chat group.

The reason why Kaito doesn't want to open the chat group himself is because he knows all other members might ask him to deal with it right away... Which is not good for him. He could also start to formulate the plan to help Misaka Mikoto, but right now Kaito just wanted to sleep, not to do more work.

...

"I think we are done talking. *Yawn* Let's sleep..." Kaito stood up and then picked up his pajama from his inventory so he could change.

Looking at Kaito who looks very tired, Miya and Sakuya quickly responded by laying the futon for him, while Akitsu took out the blanket for everyone to use.

"Thanks, everyone."Kaito said, grateful for what they did for him.

Miya just smiled and then asked, "You don't mind if we just sleep together, Kaito-san?" 

Since Kaito already predicted they would still sleep with him no matter what, Kaito nodded but then he quickly reminded, "Well, as long none of you crossing the line." 

...

After that, Kaito quickly fell asleep a few seconds after he lay down. The girls who saw how tired their master was had the tacit understanding to let him sleep soundly without their "disruption" so that Kaito could sleep soundly until the morning. 

>>>>>

On the morning of the same day, almost everyone gathered at the dining table to have breakfast as usual. Kaito who was getting a good night's sleep without any disturbance felt very refreshed, but for some reason, Minato looked gloomy even though he should have slept longer than Kaito.

"What's wrong, Minato nii-san?" Kaito asked.

Hearing Kaito's question,  Minato gives him a troubled smile as he explains, "My mother just meet me earlier and reprimand me about what I should do in the future."

"Don't worry husband! I will work for you!" (Tsukiumi)

"Musubi also will do her best to help Minato-san."  (Musubi)

"Ku-chan also!" (Kusano)

"Nah, Leave work to Matsu. I will do my best to make you a millionaire!" (Matsu)

"Everyone..."

Minato who heard his Sekirei trying to cheer him up felt touched and was very grateful to them. Kaito especially never worried about Minato's situation, because he was the protagonist in this world. At the end of the story in the original plot, Minato ends up working at M.B.I studying the Sekirei race while also living happily with his Sekirei harem. Kaito expects Minato will probably take a similar decision, which means Minato will be his subordinate in the future (Because M.B.I cooperates with him)

"You are Kaito, right?" 

A brown-haired girl who sit beside Uzume suddenly called him out, and Kaito quickly recognizes her as someone that he just cured last night. Kaito expect the girl probably wanted to thank him, so Kaito quickly responded, "Yes. Are your body okay, Chiho-san?"

She smiled, bowed her head, and answered, "It doesn't hurt or uncomfortable anymore, thanks to your treatment."

Looking at Chiho, Kaito just smiled and said, "Please raise your head, As a friend of Uzume-san, I just want to help her."

"...You really dont want anything from us?" 

Kaito nodded and then explain, "Yes. Did I need a reason to help someone?"

Chiho who feels amazed by Kaito's reply then commented, "No wonder Uzume-chan has a good impression on you, Kaito-san."

"I am just a friend that wanted to help." 

"Really...? What do you think of Uzume-chan, isn't she a good girl?" Chiho asked with a sly smile on her face. 

"Chihoo! Stop it!" Uzume who has been quiet suddenly becomes panicked beside her, listening to what Chiho just said. 

"If Uzume-chan doesn't enough, then add me too. It is hard to find a good man like you, after all." She added, which alerted both Uzume and Kaito at the same time.

"Chiho! Kaito please do not listen to her nonsense!"

...

Looking at Chiho who tried to flirt with him, Kaito quickly diverts the topic as it would spell trouble for him, "Ahahaha... Well, let's talk about it later..." Kaito turn his eye to everyone and then said with a serious tone, "Because I have something to announce."

"Announce?" Homura who has been quiet all this time asked.

...???

Looking that everyone's attention now to him, Kaito nodded at Homura's question and continue to explain, "We will leave this world after this breakfast since we have done our task."

"..."

"Isn't that bit... too fast? You just have to deal with Miya-san yesterday." Minato commented first.

"We don't even have a proper celebration yet, you know?" Seo added.

"Yes it is, but we also have things to do in our own world" Kaito answered apologetically, making both Seo and Minato feel bad. 

As much as Kaito enjoyed his time in this world, he always remembers that Itachi's world time still running and he can't be missing for too long. Not to mention, the more he delayed his time, the angrier his chat group members get. Besides, opening daily tasks again takes priority in his mind. It would be the fastest way for Kaito to get stronger as he was able to earn points again.

"..."

"Will you come to visit us later?" Minato asked with a hopeful tone.

Kaito nodded positively and explained, "Yep. Don't worry, I am naturally will visit this world again since our organization currently has cooperation with M.B.I."

"Then... Devil boy, since you are leaving, how about Miya-san?" Seo asked curiously.

*Slide*

Instead of Kaito replying, Miya who bring the breakfast with her with Sakuya suddenly open the door and replied to Seo, "Of course, I will follow him." 

...!!!

"For information, Kazehana will also follow Itachi since she is his Sekirei" Kaito added, which was followed by a nod from Kazehana. Itachi seems to have a troubled expression, but Kaito just ignored him for now.

"Wait, if Miya-san will follow Kaito... then how about this Inn?" Homura asked in concern.

"Hmm about that..." Miya turn to Minato and smiled, "Minato-san, I heard you don't know what to do in the future, so you might as well become a landlord in this place."

""Ehhh!!""

...

Everyone here was shocked by Miya's decision to appoint Minato as her successor. Even Kaito didn't expect this kind of development.

"W-Why me? Why not Seo-san?" Minato pointed his finger toward Seo in panic.

Seo who seems to get pissed at what Minato said quickly commented, "Oi, Minato boy. Do you think I would be able to manage this place?"

"No way." (Hibiki)

"Nope." (Hikari)

"That would be impossible." (Homura)

"I will move out if that happens." (Uzume)

...

"See? No one believes me. Heck, even my own Sekirei do not believe me either, damn it!" Seo said annoyedly to Minato, which make him immediately feel bad.

"Aha... haha... But this is so sudden..." Minato said while scratching his head.

Kaito quickly shook his head responding to Minato's doubt and commented, "With your Sekirei help, it should be a problem to take care of this place Minato nii-san." 

"Of course, I will help along with Chiho." Uzume added.

"Me too, as a long-time tenant in this place I won't run away from this place." Homura followed.

"I believe in you." Itachi also added his comment.

"I will do my best to protect this place!" (Musubi)

"Leave the security on me!" (Matsu)

"Kuu-chan also will help!" (Kusano)

"Don't forget me husband!" (Tsukiumi)

"Nahh... Minato boy will be fine." (Kazehana)

...

Seeing everyone supporting him to become the new landlord at Izumo Inn, Minato this time felt he couldn't ignore everyone's expectations and felt that maybe he could really do this. He then bowed his head to everyone and then shouted, "Then, I will my best to meet all of your expectations!"

Everyone then clapped their hand together, congratulating Minato. Miya then made more breakfast to celebrate the new landlord, and the atmosphere became very lively in the morning.

In the end, all ended well for the protagonist and the inhabitants of this world without much sacrifice, unlike what happened with the original story. Kaito who witnessed all of these happy moments also satisfied with this ending.

He also begins to wonder if this is what the chat group system wanted him to see since it wouldn't possible to do this without a system task.

...

>>>>>

86