62. First Floor Boss Raid Meeting. (1)
1.9k 2 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>

Shortly after Kirito arrived, the meeting then started. As it happened in memory, a blue-haired man who looked charismatic came to the center of the area and presided over this meeting. The only difference in this meeting is the people who attend exceed more than 100 players, unlike in the memories.

"Okay, Let's get started, people!" 

Realizing the meeting is starting, all the players immediately stop talking and then pay attention to blue hair guy. Like in the memories, the man starts the meeting by introducing himself while also telling a joke to ease the situation.

"Thank you for responding to my summoning today."

"My name is Diabel"

"My job is... in my own mind, I like to think I'm a knight"

...

"There's no job system in this world!"

"A knight?"

"Is this meeting a joke too?"

...

Due to his weird introduction, players give various responses to his joke, mostly positive. Kaito personally didn't hate this man for doing this, although he know this man get himself killed in the memories because he wanted to get the last hit to the boss. In his perspective, what he did is natural, and in this raid, he definitely aim the same thing.

In fact, the Crocodile group already found the location of the boss's room in the first week. If not because they can't find the protagonist, Kaito's party probably already beat the boss a half month ago on their own.

"Today, our party discovered the location of the boss room at the top of the tower" Diabel stated.

...!!

This statement made most of the players surprised and now everyone really pays attention to him. After all, to advance in this game they need to defeat the floor boss, thus the importance of this information really significant.

"Seriously?"

"Is it true?"

Listening to the players' doubt, Diabel just nodded and continue said, "We need to defeat the boss, reach the second floor and tell everyone who waiting in the town of the beginning that it is possible to beat this game."

"And that's the duty of every one of us here! Isn't that right, everybody?"

...!!

*Clap* *Clap*

Listening to his inspiring speech, all the players feel pumped up and then clap their hands to show their enthusiasm and excitement for Diabel's idea. Kaito could understand why everyone reacted like that, considering there has been no sort of progress after a month into this game.

...

As the players still cheer up, Lisbeth who seems able to guess Diabel's true face commented in displeased tone, "Kaito, that Diabel guy... I don't really like him. He seems too nice... that it feels too fake." 

"Well, you have good eyes Lis-san." Sakuya praised, followed by a nod from the other girls. Obviously, everyone already watches the memories and knows a bit about the true nature of Diabel and couldn't agree more about that.

Kaito was also impressed by her comment and quickly replied, "In my opinion, he wasn't that bad... But honestly, we don't need to believe or like him, we are here just to beat the boss anyway."

"Mmm... you are right, Kaito."

Lisbeth nodded, agreeing with what Kaito just said, and then she didn't say anything furthermore.

...

After the excitement toned down a bit, like in the memories, Diabel proceed to tell everyone to team up into parties of six. This effectively made every player naturally gather on their own to form a group, Except for the protagonist who quickly become panic as he doesn't have any friends there. 

"Master." Sakuya called.

Kaito nodded and then ordered, "It's the time. You guys stay here, there is a chance he would get intimidated if we go together."

Realizing this might be the chance Kaito has waiting for, he told the girls to stay in their place while he approaches the protagonist in order to invite him to the party.

"Yo!" 

Kirito who just realized someone called him replied, "Err... You speak with me?"

"I saw you have no one to party with. Would you like to join us temporarily in order to beat this boss?" Kaito suggested as he stretch his hand in a friendly manner.

Realizing the guy in front of him was someone well known, Kirito can't help but mutter, "But you are... You already have your own party."

In fact, Kirito has seen Kaito party in the village next to the town of the beginning on the first day, but he decides to avoid them at that time. The reason for it was that Kaito's party seems like to sweep every quest on there, and Kirito know there is no way he would be able to compete with them. Not to mention that Kirito also thought they are beta testers like him too-- considering they seem to know what to do. It's kind of ironic, as what Kaito did to search for the protagonist made him run away from them every time.

"I know, but that Diabel guy said we need to form a party of 6. We only have 5 on our team." Kaito argued.

"That's true..." Kirito muttered, still unconvinced by his invitation.

"Actually, I would love to have you join us. After all, being the only male in this party kind of... uncomfortable, you know?"

 "Eh? I thought you would be happy about your situation..."

Kaito repeatedly shook his head and pointed toward the girls, "Look! 3 of them are older women, 1 girl of the same age as us but she in fact wields a hammer. At the party, I am actually on the bottom hierarchy, you know?" 

Hearing his reason, Kirito understands his situation and stares at him with pity. Even though it's uncomfortable to be stared at like that, the moment shows sympathy, Kaito already got the protagonist in the bag.

 "Well... If you really okay with me..."

"Yes, thank you! I will invite you to the party now!!"

Hearing his positive response, Kaito quickly send an invitation party to him and Kirito quickly accepted. Finally, After one month, Kaito managed to take the first step to complete the optional task and he is really happy about this.

"Kirito... huh? Our name sounds similar." Kaito said, as always he need to pretend to not know him.

"Kaito, Y-Yeah, it is." Kirito nodded and then the moment he saw Kaito's party level 10+ level above him, Kirito can't help but be dumbfounded "The rumor wasn't kidding... all of your levels are insane."

Kirito wondered what kind of grinding lifestyle resulted in such a high-level party. Even after 3 months of beta testing, only a few players manager to reach their current level, something that they achieved in one month. There is one person that seems lower level than the rest with the nickname Lisbeth, but even she is not far from himself.

"Pssst... I mean, your level is also quite high." Kaito just shrugged and continue said, "Follow me, man. I am gotta introduce everyone else to you."

"O-Ohh..."

After that Kirito followed Kaito to the party and introduce them one by one. Like what happened with Lisbeth, asked, the girls pretty much also welcome him-- including Lisbeth even though she really can't figure out what is the special thing about Kirito. After all, she know that Kaito's party including herself who got dragged have sought this guy for a month.

For extra info, at this moment Asuna and Yuu obviously team up with Aika and Mikoto to form a party together.

...

As all the players seem done gathering a group on their own, Diabel who stood in the middle asked, "Okay, Are you about done forming your parties?"

"Then--"

"Hold up a second!"

....!!

A man with brown hair and displeased look jumped out to the middle, close to Diabel. The players present were confused about what happened... except for the chat group members who knew this was going to happen. They even discussed how to respond to this situation earlier morning in the chat group, and the result of their discussion was to let the plot run its course without disturbing-- and frankly, it's none of their business. This was the reason why Kaito reminded his party members to just quiet and watch, without actively participating in this meeting.

"My name is Kibaou. There's something I want to say before we take on the boss!"

Kibaou then looked at the players with an angry expression and said, "Some of you here need to apologize to the 1000 players that have died so far!"

After that, he pointed specifically in Kaito's party direction and continue said, "And we have a prime example of those people here! You, beta tester group!"

...!!

"...Huh?"

At this moment, Kaito who is dumbfounded just realize they might be influencing this world a bit too much.

69