77. Acceptance and Conditional Group Task.
1.4k 7 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>

After hunting the mobs alone for several hours,  Kaito finally back to the guild headquarter to attend the promised meeting after the party. He knows the birthday party should be done since other players begin to fill the hunting spot on the 75th floor, thus Kaito knows his 'freedom' time is over.

"Ah, I have a good time on leveling alone. Especially when there are no players around." Kaito muttered, satisfied with his today's hunting result. 

...

The moment he teleported to the guild HQ entrance, Kaito was greeted by Fate who seems has been waiting for him to show up.

"Welcome back, Owner." 

"Fate-san. Did you wait for me?" 

"Yes. In fact, we are waiting for you."

Kaito scratched his head, knowing the chaos that waiting for him, "I am aware of that. Did everyone already in the meeting room?"

"Except for Uta nee-san who excuses herself because tired and other guild members who are not inside the chat group like Asuna or Kirito, everyone has been waiting for you. Including Heathcliff-san" Fate explained. 

Listening to her answer, Kaito could tell right away the state of the meeting. During the 2 years together, meeting among the chat group members has been done a lot-- so much that made Kaito wonder if someone inside the chat group getting annoyed by it.

"I see. Please lead the way." 

Well, Crocodile should be already explained what is happening so Kaito expected the meeting to be about their plan to finish the main task. Which Kaito expects should be easy, considering the creator of the world himself also joining the chat group.

He knows that his luck was never that good though.

...

>>>>>

The moment Kaito opened the door to the meeting room, Kaito could see everyone already sitting in their own seat, and could tell everyone's attention is on him. Lisbeth who sat on a chair close to the entrance quickly stood up and said, "Welcome back Kaito, you owe us another explanation." 

"Uh, Did Crocodile already explain to you what is happening?" Kaito scratches his head, confused why she asked it. He notices that everyone also looking at him, including the newcomer Kayaba Akihiko himself.

"Yes, but I still want to ask you!" Lisbeth quickly grab Kaito's collar and furiously asked, "Why?!" 

"Why? Crocodile didn't tell you that he is the one who suggested the idea?" Kaito didn't expect to get choked the moment he entered the room.

"But the one who invites him is you! Are you serious?!"

"My reason is obvious, it's because we need smart people." Kaito calmly answered despite getting threatened. He feels there is nothing wrong with his answer, albeit Crocodile must have done a good job explaining everything.

"Grrr...!!" Lisbeth knows how stubborn Kaito is, so she releases her grab and then points her finger to Heathcliff who also watching from the side, "But, he is... Evil! He is the mastermind that his actions caused a lot of death to satisfy his own pleasure!"

"Sigh."

Looking at Heathcliff reaction which seems lacking toward the accusation, Kaito curiously asks, "You really didn't try to defend yourself, Heathcliff-san?" 

"I already got scolded earlier by everyone before you came, Owner." Heathcliff wryly smiled, "Although I am sure that I am not as evil as people said, it's undeniable that I am the one who caused it."

In fact, not long after Kaito's escapade, the whole chat group members come to him one by one, expressing their dissatisfaction toward him-- since before they can't do it due to an optional task. If not for the fact that Heathcliff already become one of the chat group members, some members might already beat him by now.

...

"We have enough reprimand Kayaba-san when you are gone." Miya commented.

"Indeed, we also threatened him not to do it again" Aika followed.

"I am sure Kayaba-san understands the lesson and won't do it again in the future!" Nanoha also followed.

"Yes, Owner. Now, it's your turn to be responsible." Erina added.

...

Hearing everyone just said, he know there is no use to find an excuse, so he immediately admitted, "I am also guilty, I guess." 

"But, it's obvious that my reason should be understandable for everyone."

Kaito walked and then sit on his seat as he was getting interrupted before by Lisbeth. After that, he looked at everyone and then begin to explain his purpose in a serious tone.

"Today I learn that I should not try to do everything by myself, and should rely on others who are better at doing the task."

"Isn't Kayaba-san a good candidate for that? After finishing this group task, We still have the base world that needs to be developed, and he might be able to offer some insight and help as he got the experience."

"Isn't this world quite amazing? Although what he did was undeniably 'evil', we can't deny his ability to develop this SAO world alongside its game mechanic."

"Hearing what you said, I feel a bit embarrassed but thank you for your praise, Kaito-san" Heathcliff commented, as he feel touched by his speech.

...

Meanwhile for others, after Hearing Kaito's explanation, all of the chat group members become silent, thinking that his explanation does make sense. They were fully aware that their base world in the future needs to develop some sort of mechanic like mana or ability development, as Kaito told them the potential of the base world. Having Kayaba would be great for that since they already experience how well done SAO world is after living in it for 2 years.

"Saitama-sensei, what do you think?" Mikoto suddenly asked her 'idol' beside him. After 2 years of getting along, it can be said Misaka Mikoto is the person with the best relationship with Saitama.

Saitama, who has been quietly watching everything quickly gives his answer, "Heathcliff indeed commit a big crime... but he seems already regret it. So I am okay with it."

"Kaito is right. We need people who are experienced to develop the world there and Heathcliff does have that." Crocodile added.

"Your opinion doesn't matter, you are also the culprit here!" Lisbeth snorted.

"Oi, oi, you know I am still the chat group member, right?" Crocodile replied back but getting ignored by Lisbeth.

"I believe in Owner's decision." Itachi also suddenly adds his opinion.

"Then, if my husband agrees, I also agree." Kazehana followed.

"Even you, Itachi-san?!" Lisbeth surprised.

"Lis-chan. Stop it, I think Kaito-san this time doesn't necessarily make a bad move. Besides, if Kayaba-san wanted to do something evil, Kaito could always stop him with his privilege." Miya who has been quiet for a while finally commented. Even Sakuya and Akitsu also nodded, showing they also have the same opinion.

"Ugh..."

"Somehow Lisbeth's act reminds me of old Misaka-san." Erina suddenly commented.

""Pffft.""

Hearing that, most chat group members in the room chuckled since they know old Mikoto always had bad blood against Kaito. 

"Excuse me, I am already changed." Mikoto pouted, albeit can't say anything furthermore since it was the truth.

Looking at the positive response come from the majority of members, Kaito knows this is the time to finish the arguments. Everyone should be quite tired after being busy all day, and it's better for him to finish the meeting early.

"Lisbeth, I understand that it's completely right for you to hate Kayaba Akihiko for what he did, but Kayaba already apologize and willing to make it up. Now, the meeting should be about how we will finish the main task, and with Heathcliff with us here-- there shouldn't be no problem." 

"It could be done right, Kayaba-san?"

Kaito turned at him again, to which Kayaba quickly nod and responded "Indeed, as the administrator, I can let every player get out from SAO safely with a single command right now---"

Before Kayaba manage to complete his sentence, a sudden notification rang on every chat group member, and then a big hologram appeared in the middle of the room filled with the detail of the new task-- which made everyone shocked.

...

*DING*

=====

[A new conditional group task has been assigned!]

=====

Task Detail: Due to unexpected development, A special has been issued toward the chat group. The boss on the 75th has been replaced by the Final Boss on the 100th floor (No Mutation) and the world would be finished as long the boss got defeated. Defeat the 100th Floor Boss with all the members of the chat group without anyone dying before finishing the special group task.

  • During the task, the member [SAO Developer] can't use his privilege as Administrator until the game is complete.
  • If this task is rejected, the reward of the special group's main task will be halved and the optional task reward will be disabled.

Task Completion: 100th Boss got Defeated.

Task Failure: During the raid, Any of the chat group members get killed.

Reward: World Fragment (An Item to promote the quality of the base world).

Failure Punishment: Special Group Main Task automatically becomes a failure.

===

...

sorry for the late update, I have been busy a lot during this time because as always-- real life job. As much as I love to write, I know I can't prioritize it since my hobby is not more important than working.
A bit of good news is that I promise to not drop this story anytime soon. There are so many goals and directions that I want to achieve within this fic.

 

55