80. Daily Lives Before Final Raid Boss.
1.5k 2 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>

Almost a month after the final raid announcement, the preparation is still not complete but every player knows that they should be ready at the end of the month according to DSA prediction. In fact, a week ago everything about resources and equipment was mostly already well prepared for everyone, and there were also some tactics in order to deal with the boss properly. (it does not help that much though)

The only reason why the raid does not happen yet is that something needs to be done before the raid starts-- and until then, they would not start it. Fortunately, the players do understand the circumstances so DSA isn't particularly getting pressed to do the final boss raid as soon as possible.

...

Anyway back to the main character, At the moment, Kaito dueling 1 vs 1 against Sakuya in the training ground of DSA headquarter using a newly crafted weapon.

Kaito unleashed several continuous fast and violent attacks at Sakuya-- and even caused several after images due to how fast Kaito had been moving.

However, under his continuous attack and pressure, Sakuya was able to block and deflect every incoming attack that come at her carefully-- albeit even launching several counterattacks too which Kaito also carefully avoided. 

It's not surprising for Kaito and Sakuya to be able to do that, since they were familiar with each other combat style by now. Whenever the opponent reveals a slight flaw, they could see that and use it as a chance to attack.

Well, Kaito obviously has much more flaws than Sakuya, who is rarely careless or just debilitated showing it to him.

*Clank* 

*Clank*

Although nothing of his attack was able to land on her, Kaito isn't mad about the result and is even excited. He knows that compared to 2 years of combat, Sakuya definitely has hundred years of experience which naturally outclasses him. The fact that Sakuya has to take him seriously shows how much he has been improving in combat.

*Slash*

...!!

"Ah, Almost..." Kaito muttered while panting, almost out of breath.

"You have really improved a lot in the past 2 years master." Sakuya praised, after almost getting caught by Kaito's attack, and choose to evade it.

Unlike their usual routine to grind and dominate the hunting spot, recently Kaito group only goes to spar and test skills with each other on DSA HQ. The reason for that is that Kaito decide to give front liners to catch up-- as Kaito party's overall level was already far ahead of the average level of the frontline.

"Huff... Thank you." Kaito muttered, feeling a bit out of breath after intense training.

"Still can't beat you though, Sakuya-san even though you are just using combat knives to fight against me and I should have weapon range advantage." 

Kaito wryly smiled, and then he put his weapon on the sheath. He feels that today's training was enough, and Kaito also feels a bit hungry now and tired.

"It's not only about the weapon, but also its user, Master." 

Looking at her master already put his weapon back, Sakuya also put her combat knives below her skirt, knowing their spar should be ended now.

"Indeed, that's the reason why I want to keep improving." Kaito nodded in agreement, "What do you think about my current strength, Sakuya-san?" 

"Your swordsmanship could be already compared to a famous human master in my world. There is nothing we could teach anymore. Even Miya-san needs to take you seriously nowadays when it comes to pure swordsmanship duel." Sakuya explained, which made Kaito feel satisfied with his current strength. 

Albeit it wasn't enough to defeat super strong people like Satan in high school DxD world, Kaito believe it wouldn't be hard for him to defeat high-class devils, like Riser with the right weapon. He never forgets his current goal to repay his life debt to Ravel... and having enough strength is the first requirement to achieve that. 

"Besides that, you should know how to develop your swordsmanship on your own, master." Sakuya continued.

"Yeah, I do have some ideas. Such as incorporating sword energy like Haki and Qi later." Kaito replied with confidence. 

With his current swordsmanship skill, the only thing he was lacking is power-- which could be easily fixed with points. Not to mention he could also try to buy a lot of swordsmanship techniques from another world, like the Breathing technique to make his swordsmanship more powerful. He also does not forget Est, his weapon waiting for him to use, and can't wait to surprise her later with his big improvement.

"That's good. If you need my help to train it, don't hesitate to call me, Master."

"Well, thanks for sparring with me again." Kaito then slightly bowed his head, satisfied with today's result, "Let's go back to meet others."

"Yes, master." 

...

After that, they left the training together after issuing the NPC to fix the training ground that has been quite messed up, thanks to their sparring activity.

>>>>>

When Kaito and Sakuya arrived in his private room, the rest of his girls seems already there, enjoying themselves... Especially Lisbeth who working hard the past few weeks to make all the equipment for DSA guild members.

"Kaito-san, Sakuya-san, I have prepared the refreshment here." Miya greeted them and then offered some drinks and cookies she had prepared for them.

"Thanks." Kaito smiled, sitting down on his chair, and asked, "Speaking of which, how does Akitsu's new shield performance?"

"Very good, master" Akitsu answered with a convincing look.

"Of course, it would. After all, I am the one who crafts it with the best material available." Lisbeth added.

"It should be able to block the Incarnation of Radius attack properly and according to Kayaba we ask earlier, the defense stat provided by the shield was enough to nullify the damage." Miya followed, explaining how well the shield performed.

"I see." 

Listening to the answer, Kaito nodded in satisfaction, knowing there are no problems with the equipment. After that, he begins to consume all the refreshments that Miya has prepared since he has been feeling hungry for a while.

"How about your new sword, Kaito? It should be good, right?" Lisbeth also asked, aware that he should use newly crafted equipment for him today by her.

"It works, great. Still can't beat Sakuya, though." Kaito shrugged.

"Pffft. That skill issue." Lisbeth giggled at his answer and Kaito just helplessly smiled. 

"Don't worry master, you can beat me after honing your battle instinct for hundred years." Sakuya teased.

"That might be a bit too long...!" Kaito protested.

"Isn't time something you are least concerned about, Master?" Miya added.

"I am concerned about that, okay?"

...

After that, while they were all enjoying their leisure time, all the girls in the group teased Kaito as usual and were really having fun together. They know that after the group task is finished everyone might be going on their own way, (like Kaito who planned to go back) and because of that everyone can't help but want to spend their last days leisurely.

>>>>>

Finishing all of their refreshment, Kaito and the girls right now leisurely worked on the paperwork together while also relaxing together.

"Tea, master?" Sakuya who sat beside him offered, pouring tea into his glass that has been emptied.

Kaito nodded and replied, "Thank you, Sakuya-san." 

"You are welcome"

"Speaking of which, I am curious. Do you have any idea when the raid finally started, master?" This time, Miya is the one who asks a question to Kaito.

"Eh, it feels weird for you to call me master again." Kaito wave his hand telling her to stop and then answered, "The answer is when the bodyguard team of non-combatants is formed and ready to go. Should be at the end of this week."

"One week? It's near..." (Lisbeth)

"Bodyguard?" (Sakuya)

"According to Aika, Non-combatants like Erina, Hisato, and Uta, were so far behind in terms of strength and level, even compared to normal players. It would be extremely dangerous for them to even stay safely on the raid boss field." Kaito explained. 

"Ah, the conditional task requirement..." (Lisbeth)

"I really forget about them..." (Miya)

...

To be honest, he was relieved that Aika could remind him about this since never thought about it before. This is also why the raid has not started too, as the bodyguard would receive better equipment and training to protect them.

Better safe than sorry after all.

"There is no safe ground during the raid battle" Lisbeth commented while frowning, aware of how dangerous it to be on the frontline. 

"Exactly. The battlefield would turn into chaotic with hundreds of players around." Kaito concurred while also clear frown on his face.

Even with a clear guide and tactic to defeat the boss, Kaito believes the situation would quickly fall into chaos the moment formation crumbles-- as he is reminded of what happened on the first-floor raid. When that happens, it would depend on DSA guild members to defeat the boss, using the players around to divert its attention-- like what he did on the first-floor boss raid.

This is the real strategy that Kaito going to adopt to fight the boss.

Although the strategy is despicable, it's the only strategy that works the best, according to Aika and Kayaba. Of course, most kind-hearted members don't aware of this, as the internal conflict in the guild would be the last thing he wants to have now. 

...

"I understand why Aika-san wanted to form a bodyguard for them. We don't have time to wait for them to catch up and it's not like they are having a talent for combat either." Miya added.

"Well... That's the problem for the 1st and 3rd team, not us." Kaito stretched his hand and then suggested, "After finishing today's paperwork, Let's try to visit Crocodile again today."

"You are addicted to drinking, don't you Kaito?" Lisbeth said, looking at him with deadpanned eyes. 

Since he has been allowed to drink by the girls due to his age now being legal drinking (in his opinion), Kaito really enjoyed it so far. He really misses the time in his previous life when he was able to drink--- and now Kaito can indulge in this activity again

"Ahahaha... I promise I will get myself four glasses today." Kaito begged, but then Sakuya hit his head with a warning, "One glass is the limit, Master."

"That's too little!" Kaito refused, but his girls won't get persuaded and even threatened him.

"No negotiation." (Lisbeth)

"As your maid, I need to prevent my master from indulging in a bad activity." (Sakuya)

"Pufufufu... do you want to get locked down, master?" (Miya)

"No drinking, master." (Akitsu)

"NOOO!!"

...

In the end, Kaito had no choice but to comply with their request otherwise they wouldn't even let him go out of his office.

>>>>>

When I realize that this is actually a filler (albeit containing several plot points for the future), it has been too late to change lmao... Sorry! I have been too focused on how to deal with the raid happening-- and so far, it's not promising... since I am always bad at writing action scenes smh.
The next chapter would be the start of the final raid so don't worry about another filler.

44