87. Returned and Testing the New Feature.
1.4k 2 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>> 

Sorting everything he needs inside his inventory, Kaito decides to return to High school DxD world in the afternoon. As for the reason why he decide to travel immediately, it was to make sure his motivation to go back is unwavering, otherwise, he would delay this matter again. 

Technically, Kaito could spend 100 years in the base world and there would be nothing changed in that world, however, it would make him feel guilty toward his life-saving debt benefactor, Ravel. Unlike in the past, Kaito has already become much stronger than he used to be, so there is no excuse for him to delay it any longer. 

After saying farewell to everyone and promising them to come back often, Kaito quickly transfers back to his own world. As usual, a bright light engulfed his whole body... Making it impossible for him to open his eyes.

*Blink*

...

The moment Kaito was able to open his eyes, he found himself staring at a nostalgic ceiling and laying on a familiar expensive bed, within a luxurious room.

"I am really back..."

Looking at the outside windows, Kaito realize that when he was leaving this world it was during nighttime... Of course, he would also go back to the night as the time of this world was frozen.

"Although... It seems I miscalculated my time to transfer."

Naturally, right now Kaito didn't feel like sleeping at all. After all, when he got transferred from the base world, it was during the afternoon. 

"Ester, Come out."

...

Kaito who had nothing to do, decide to call his favorite person (equipment) out of inventory, so he could have someone to talk with for the entire night. A long white-haired loli with a white gown and white knee socks appeared in front of him, confused why she suddenly got called.

"Master."

"Hello, Ester." Kaito quickly gives a pat on her head.

"Umm... Master, this is your original world?" 

Ester who appeared in front of him looked around curiously, as she didn't recognize the room at all. She thought that master was in a dangerous situation to call her out, but Kaito seems to be okay.

"Yes." Kaito answered, "Are you feeling weird?"

"No." Ester shook her head and then asked, "Do you need any help from me, master?"

"No, I just want you to spend some time talking with me, as I don't feel like sleeping."

Looking at the outside windows, Ester quickly understands his intention and then takes initiative to sit on Kaito's lap, "Ok. Master."

"Well, I am sure the chat group system already filled you with information about this world but you can ask me if you have any questions." Kaito proposed.

"Then, master. Can you continue your adventure in the SAO world?" 

"Sure."

...

After that, Kaito and Ester once again spend a lot of time together, continuing from their previous session. Kaito does have a lot of stories he could tell her after spending more than 2 years in that world and it was impossible to finish them in a single night.

Besides that, Kaito feels obliged to spend more time with Est, since they have been separated for 2 years.

>>>>>

Spending the entire night with Est, in the morning, Kaito who is still not tired decide to make breakfast for the entire Riser Phenex Peerage in order to keep their good impression. The moment he left the room (Est already back to the inventory), Kaito quickly asked the servant around the mansion where is the kitchen located. 

The servant who recognized him quickly show the way, and understand his situation. In their mind, he is still the only male in the Riser Peerage and going to have a hard time proving himself.

Arrived at the kitchen, Kaito quickly inspect all of the ingredients and everything seems good. Now, his next plan to try the new feature-- renting Erina's cooking ability in order to make a great breakfast!

===== 

[Owner]: "Good morning, everyone"

[Queen of Sekirei]: "Master!"

[Sekirei Number 7]: "Master!"

[Scarlet Devil Headmaid]: "Master!"

[Owner]: "Uh, hi?"

[SAO Top Blacksmith]: "Should I also call you Master?"

[Ohara Survivor]: "Master!"

[Owner]: "Can we stop doing this?!"

[SAO Top Blacksmith]: "But everyone doing it."

[Queen of Sekirei]: "Pffft."

[Owner]: "No no no, Lisbeth. You know they usually teased me. Anyway, Are you okay in your world?"

[SAO Top Blacksmith]: "I am fine. Nothing ordinary happens. Everyone wakes up from SAO at the same time."

[Owner]: "Including Asuna?"

[SAO Top Blacksmith]: "Of course. What's wrong with her? Is she supposed to be in a dangerous situation?"

Hearing the positive answer from Lisbeth, Kaito was genuinely happy about it. He didn't know what would happen to the future plot since he technically delete the whole ALO plot point... But he rather does that than make Kirito and Asuna struggle like in the original.

Even though they are not the part of chat group members, both of them are still his good friend, and naturally, he wanted the best for them.

...

[Owner]: "Nothing. Anyway, So far I am doing fine here without a problem. But, it's only a few hours after so nothing concrete yes."

[Queen of Sekirei]: "That's good to hear. Although, You supposed to do that a bit faster. "

[Scarlet Devil Headmaid]: "Indeed."

[Owner]: "I am sorry."

[SAO Top Blacksmith]: "But you didn't answer my question..."

[Owner]: "Just ask Kayaba. Technically, Asuna probably owe him now."

[SAO Top Blacksmith]: "Tch, there is no way I would ask that guy. Forget it."

[Owner]: "That's a good decision."

[Scarlet Devil Headmaid]: "Do you need something to help with, master? I doubt you only come for the report."

...

Kaito who getting asked immediately remember his main purpose, and wanted to facepalm himself. After all, there is not much time left before the breakfast time arrives.

...

[Owner]: "Ah, right! @God Tongue, Are you there? Damn, I just notice, why is the group so deserted?"

[Queen of Sekirei]: "Because everyone might be busy on their own. After all, most chat group members are back to their own world already. Unlike us, who stay in the base world."

[Ohara Survivor]: "Don't forget about me. Kazehana and Uta also stay, but they are currently on the outside right now"

[SAO Top Blacksmith]: "I am not in the base world, but I have nothing to do besides waiting for my health check report so..."

[Owner]: "This is unfortunate, I guess I didn't think this thoroughly."

[Scarlet Devil Headmaid]: "Not a surprise about your luck, master."

[Queen of Sekirei]: +1 

[Sekirei Number 7]: +2 

[Ohara Survivor]: +3

[God Tongue]: "@Owner. Do you need something?"

...!!

Kaito, who had just thought about giving up, was surprised that Erina actually responded to him. He had thought that with his luck, there was no way Erina would show up in the group chat now… but it seemed his luck had improved a bit. Not only that, even the other members were shocked by this situation, because they all knew how bad Kaito's luck usually was.

...

[Queen of Sekirei]: "Wow!"

[Scarlet Devil Headmaid]: "This is indeed... A rare occurrence!"

[Queen of Sekirei]: +1 

[Sekirei Number 7]: +2 

[Ohara Survivor]: +3

[Owner]: "Umm just ignoring them, Can I rent your cooking ability for a bit? I want to test the new feature."

[God Tongue]: "Rent an ability? A new feature... But I didn't see it anywhere in the chat group panel."

[Owner]: "That's because the new feature exclusively belonged to me as an Owner"

[God Tongue]: "I see... I don't mind if it could help you, Owner. What I should do?"

[Owner]: "The system should send you a request soon. Just accept it later."

[God Tongue]: "Got it."

[Scarlet Devil Headmaid]: "Master, you haven't informed us about this."

[Owner]: "That's because I just get it in the morning! Besides that, I will also need your ability to rent, Sakuya."

[Scarlet Devil Headmaid]: "Which one?"

[Owner]: "Let's see... how about your main internal ability, the time manipulation concept?"

[Queen of Sekirei]: "Authority abuser!"

[Scarlet Devil Headmaid]: "I agree"

[Sekirei Number 7]: +1

[Ohara Survivor]: +2

[God Tongue]: "Pffft"

[Owner]: "Stop it! Can you guys be serious, I don't have much time left. What is your answer, Sakuya!"

[Scarlet Devil Headmaid]: "It would be reassuring if my ability could help you, master."

[Owner]: "Then, why you are not answering immediately!"

[Scarlet Devil Headmaid]: "Because it's fun?"

[Owner]: "...Whatever"

[Scarlet Devil Headmaid]: "Pffft"

[Sekirei Number 7]: "Pffft"

[Queen of Sekirei]: "Pffft"

...

Upon receiving a positive response, Kaito quickly activated the rent an ability feature and then sent a request to Erina and Sakuya in the chat group. Both girls quickly agree to his request as they had promised, and soon Kaito would see how exactly this feature worked.

*DING*

=====

[God Tongue approved your request to rent her cooking ability!]

[Scarlet Devil Headmaid approved your request to rent her time control ability!]

=====

[Rent Member Ability List: ]

  • Cooking Ability (Evaluation : 4* auxiliary ) = 3000 Points / hour
  • Time Control (Evaluation : 6* ) = 10000 Points / hour

=====

...

Looking at the cost of renting ability, Kaito quickly deduced that the cost of renting ability probably depends on how strong or useful it would be to use... Considering the cost between Sakuya and Erina's ability is a bit too wide. Kaito who is curious about how it does work immediately rents Erina's cooking ability from the system, and 3000 points are quickly deduced from his balance.

Of a sudden, Kaito feels that he knows to process all the ingredients and use all the cooking tools in the kitchen professionally... Like instinctively. Despite that, it doesn't impart Kaito with any knowledge about any cooking recipes at all... at least what Erina should know.  

It's probably the same state where Erina doesn't know how to make a dish because she didn't know the recipe, but the moment she knows the recipe, Erina would have no problem cooking it and making it very delicious like a veteran chef who cooking it for his entire life.

...

=====

[God Tongue]: "How is it @Owner?"

[Owner]: "It works but at the same, it doesn't work as conveniently as I thought."

[God Tongue]: "What it does mean?"

[Owner]: "I mean, I do have your cooking skill instinctively, but I don't get knowledge regarding the recipe of cooking itself."

[Scarlet Devil Headmaid]: "Basically, you got the same ability, but there is no way to use it as effectively as the original user since you are still new to it."

[Owner]: "Exactly. It's probably also applied if I rent your ability, Sakuya. I would be able to use it, but I might need to train it in order to use it properly."

[Queen of Sekirei]: "Regardless, it is still a good feature."

[Owner]: "It was... an okay trump card I guess. The new feature works well, but I need to pay some hefty points to use it for one hour. Like, the cost of renting Erina's cooking ability was 3000 points."

[God Tongue]: "Only one hour for 3000 points? Isn't that too expensive?"

[Owner]: "And it seems that it gets more expensive the stronger ability... like, I need to pay 10000 points to use Sakuya's time manipulation ability."

[Scarlet Devil Headmaid]: "I need to warn you that my ability is very hard to use, master."

[Owner]: "I know, I will need another training from you, Sakuya."

[Scarlet Devil Headmaid]: "No problem."

[Queen of Sekirei]: "You can also rent my ability if you need it, master."

[Sekirei Number 7]: "Me too."

[Owner]: "I will. But I would rather use this as a trump card, after all in the end I should depend on my own ability."

[Scarlet Devil Headmaid]: "That's a good idea. Also, master, you haven't set the daily task for today--- and the base world time is on the night already."

[Owner]: "Ah thanks for the reminder, I will set it after making breakfast with Erina's cooking ability. Goodbye, everyone."

[Scarlet Devil Headmaid]: "Good luck, master."

[Queen of Sekirei]: "Goodbye"

[God Tongue]: "Goodbye, please call me if the daily task is already set."

[Scarlet Devil Headmaid]: "Understood."

 ====== 

After closing the chat group, Kaito immediately starts making breakfast which he decides to be an omelet and bacon (western style) since there is no complicated recipe to make it. 

Kaito would try a better breakfast if he could browse recipes on the internet via his phone, but sadly his phone was burned alongside his ID card. He decides to get a new one as soon as possible after breakfast.

Barely have the mood to write (if you see my profile, you know what happen) but I still managed to finish, thanks to the outline I write for this story a long time ago.

Anyway, for the request to add more male members to the chat group, I plan to do that... but it would be a while until it happens lol.

 

46