94. Asking Kayaba Work Progress and Situation.
1.1k 3 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Although I do really want to go back to high school DxD-- in the end, I feel that it's necessary to write this chapter to show a lot of hints for what I am going to do for this story in the future and I haven't properly touch Kayaba character after the SAO anyway. (I bet a lot of people dont like him though, lol). I will edit the previous chapter's author notes to fix my previous statement about going back to high school DxD

As always... busy, with writer's block, and working on multiple stories at the same time-- a perfect recipe for late updates. I apologize for the inconvenience... but I guess I am glad I was still motivated enough to write lol.

>>>>>

Deciding to follow Aika's plan, the meeting finally adjourned as there was nothing they could talk about anymore... Not to mention everyone also already got bored and tired, as a few hours has been passed since the start of the meeting. After the meeting ends, Kaito actually wants to come back to high school DxD world immediately but under the request of Ravel who wants to take a look and learn about the group members, he could only agree and let her stay in this world until the next day.

After that, Kaito who comes up with an idea decides to meet Kayaba Akihiko to ask about his progress exploring this world while Ravel decides to spend her time exploring this base world with the help of the rest of the girls. He also wants to check Kayaba's situation, since it's clear that a lot of people still dislike his presence in the chat group. After all, in the earlier meeting, he does not even watch the Aika broadcast-- making Kaito concerned about himself.

With the help of system navigation, Kaito manages to find Kayaba who currently staying on the top of Kouten in the northern area from the wooden mansion. Although the location was a hundred meters above the land, it was surely not a problem for Kaito who could fly to reach it.

"Ah, you are here. Kayaba-san."

Kaito called him out as soon as he landed on top of Kouten, curious what is happening here. Unlike deserted Kouten in the past, right now there are a lot of machinery and computer lying above this flying island as if he just entered an open room laboratory. There is a barrier that prevented wind or rain to affect the area at the top of Kouten-- making everything on it very safe from being affected by the environment.

Recognizing the voice that called him, Kayaba who currently working on something with his computer quickly turned around and greet him back, "Kaito-san."

"These computers and machines... where is come from?"

"I bought them with my points from system help." Kayaba quickly answered, "After all, to process the data and do all my designated I need still need help from a computer."

"Ah..."

Hearing his answer, Kaito can't help but be a bit surprised about it-- since Kayaba obviously summons all of this with his own personal points even though he could ask him. As a smart person, he was sure Kayaba must know how valuable the points are, and this dedication alone made Kaito feel impressed with his dedication to helping build this world. 

As someone assigned by Kaito to help build this world, he had given permission for Kayaba to use his points to do whatever was necessary to complete his task... as Kaito could do with his points.

...

"Is it not allowed?" Kayaba asked and added, "I could move all of this stuff somewhere if I can't do my work here."

Kaito shook his head and responded, "Nope. After all, you are here under my order and you bought all of them with your own points."

"Thank you. Then, can I ask you why you are here, Kaito-san?" Kayaba kindly asked and then a cup of coffee appeared in his hand and offered to him, "Want a coffee?"

*Blink* *Blink*

...

"Uh, sure. Another point usage, huh?" Kaito asked while twitching his mouth, clearly surprised at how casual Kayaba was with his points. To use points to make a coffee seems a bit too extravagant for him.

Kayaba who noticed Kaito's looks just chuckled and answered, "It only cost me, 100 points. 2 coffee only cost me 200 points." 

"Well... Thank you."

*Sip*

Accepting the cup of coffee from Kayaba, Kaito sits down on the nearby available chair which Kayaba followed shortly after. After that, he take a sip from it and then was surprised about it... since the taste is really good, probably the best coffee he ever taste. 

It made him think that perhaps, wasting points to get this delicious coffee wasn't a very bad idea and he could try to do it for himself one day whenever he is too lazy to make it himself.

"How is it?"

"I admit, it was delicious."

Hearing Kaito's praise, Kayaba who expected it just smiled and said, "You're welcome."

After that, both of them quietly enjoyed their coffee together side by side while watching the scenery of the clear blue sky from the top of Kouten. The last time he was here, Kaito was unable to enjoy the scenery since he was here to fight after all. 

"Being on top of this flying island is quite nostalgic..." Kaito muttered, reminiscing his first task on Sekirei world.

"Um, I remember you conquered Miya-san in this spaceship, right?" 

"Well, that's right." 

*Sip*

Kaito nodded, didn't surprise Kayaba to know about this information-- as he must be also investigating his information as the leader of the chat group. After all, the story of how he managed to 'fool' Miya is very well-known among the chat group. It is also one of the events that play a huge factor to convince the rest of the chat group to look at him as a leader-- like Crocodile in the past.

After a while, Kaito finally finished the coffee on his hand and then turn at Kayaba with a serious look, "Anyway, Let's get to the main topic. How is the progress of your work?"

"Ah, wait a minute."

Hearing his question, Kayaba who seems to be already expected it quickly stood up, leaving Kaito sitting alone for a while. After seemingly rummaging on top of his work table, Kayaba took some of the printed-out paper and come back to sit beside him again--- and then give a copy of the paper in his hand to Kaito.

"I already mapped the whole world and according to the data, right now this world is at least 1.5x times bigger than Earth and has a lot of abundant resources all over the place. This data might change over time though since it does seem the world is 'growing' more area over time with an unknown reason." 

"I also have marked a lot of those locations where there could be found important resources such as mines and natural hot spring locations although I am sure that I still missing a lot... Especially in the mountain range where my drone having a hard time navigating."

"That's all of it."

...

While listening to Kayaba, Kaito was genuinely impressed reading the report Kayaba prepared for him. Only in a matter of a few days, he manages to do large-scale exploration and even reported something he doesn't know before-- surpassing all the effort of members who has been living in this world for a few months.

"This is amazing..." 

Still, reading the data in his hand, Kaito sincerely praised Kayaba and continue asked a lot more questions, "How about the live creatures? Is there any intelligent creature living in this world?"

"As far as I know, not really." Kayaba shook his head, "At best, it would be a normal animal you can find on a normal earth... Although there is a possibility I just haven't discovered any of them yet."

"That's true." Kaito nodded in agreement and continue asked, "How about substance such as mana, or any kind of magical energy existence in this world?" 

"There is no such thing yet... According to the system. The only kind of energy I could detect was normal energy in the earth's veins such as geothermal from volcanic activity." 

Hearing the answer from Kayaba, Kaito didn't feel any disappointment since he already expects it. After all, it was clear that to upgrade this world, the system has made it clear that only by increasing the level of the world and using his personal points. However, the information regarding geothermal activities exist in this world made him wonder if the energy released from that could be used as a power generator.

Kaito decides to ask this later when he meets Minaka who is more expert than him in this area. Unfortunately, Minaka already notified him through Miya that he is busy back in the Sekirei world and can't visit here for a while.

>>>>>

After spending some time reading the reports in detail, Kaito is truly satisfied with the information in it and now he fully believes that Kayaba could help him develop this world. Even though at first his idea to invite him was for that exact reason, at that time Kaito was still doubting whether Kayaba truly did have the ability to do that.

After all, developing a real world is far different than developing a world of the game, and yet Kayaba manages to exceed his expectation. 

"Kayaba, I could bring this report paper with me, right?" 

Hearing Kaito's request, Kayaba quickly turn around and answered, "Sure. How is it?"

"As I said, this is amazing and my impression doesn't change. Thank you!" Kaito slightly bows his head to him.

"You're welcome. That's the least I could do to invite me to the chat group anyway." Kayaba waved his hand as if it was nothing.

...

Although Kayaba's reason does make sense, Kaito is still genuinely thankful for the report he prepared for him. After seeing this fully detailed report, now Kaito realized a new idea that he could use as a bargaining chip for negotiation with Satan later.

Now, Kayaba already did a lot to help, and Kaito feels that he should do something for him too. He then remembers his other goal was to check his situation inside the chat group, and perhaps he could do something to fix that.

"Speaking of which, I forget to ask, how are you in the chat group?" Kaito asked which made Kayaba quite confused since the question come out of nowhere.

"How are you? I am fine."

"No, I mean... your relationship with the rest of the chat group members." 

"Hmm..." Kayaba holding his chin, pondered for a while, and then give him a clear answer, "There is not much change, although I don't really care. After all, I created SAO knowing the consequence and I won't ask forgiveness for that."

...

Hearing Kayaba's unexpected answer, Kaito became speechless and confused. He thought Kayaba would probably feel uncomfortable after being ostracized by all the group chat members for such a long time, even after leaving the SAO world. However, it seemed Kaito had underestimated Kayaba's ability to adapt to a hostile environment toward him.

Come to think of it, as a renowned scientist in his world, Kayaba must have experienced a lot of unhealthy competition and it was not surprising that many people despised him. Besides, as he said, he was aware that what he was doing was not a good thing, and he did not expect anyone's forgiveness for it.

"Are you really okay about your situation...?" Kaito once again asked for confirmation, to which Kayaba quickly replied, "It's okay."

"Being disliked is normal, as long you the owner don't dislike me." Kayaba continue to explain and then smiled kindly at Kaito, "After all, you are the highest authority in the chat group."

"W-Well, as long you keep cooperating and help, I don't have reason to hate you."

To be honest, when Kayaba said that 'as long he doesn't like him', Kaito can't help but shudder hearing it. Even though maybe it was just a bad feeling, and Kayaba might have been wrong in stringing his response, Kaito immediately remembered that his bad luck always haunted him... making everything that expect the worst probably possible.

Just thinking about the possibility that Kayaba might be interested in him and turn that way was enough to make Kaito just wanted to be away as far as possible from him.

...

After that, bringing the report with him, Kaito then said goodbye to Kayaba at Kouten and flew back to the wooden mansion because the sky was starting to turn dark. Even though Kayaba invited him to have dinner together using the point and there was adequate lighting there, Kaito still refused and quickly ran away.

He was still decidedly normal, and definitely preferred to have dinner with a bunch of girls waiting for him over a single guy.

>>>>>

 

41