111. Aika Reason and Confession.
661 5 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>

Arrived at the Fuwa family mansion, both of them were greeted by a huge living room with a long red carpet and a chair standing in the middle of it.

"You actually have set the stage already?" Kaito asked in a surprised tone.

Looking at the surroundings, Kaito recognized that the scenery he currently saw was the scene of Aika's death, only minus Aika's dead body and stain of blood on the floor.

"Yes. I was thinking of preparation in advance because some event seems to be different and it proved to be correct." Aika nodded and then urged him,  "Take the props out, Kaito. We don't have much time left."

"Yes."

Aware she was right, Kaito quickly proceeded to confirm taking the 'fake Fuwa Aika body' provided by the group task. After that, a real-life size of 100% of Aika's full body appeared in front of them, lying on the floor wearing the same clothes as when Aika died.

"So this is the identical body prepared by the system... Amazing."

Out of curiosity, Kaito sat down and tried to touch it while admiring the detail of its appearance. Surprisingly, it feels warm despite it's a fake/doll body. 

"It's life-size and well made, also it's warm like a normal human. Quite creepy I must say." Kaito commented.

"Hmm... Looking at 'myself' laying on the floor lifelessly was indeed quite creepy, but..." Aika ducked down at his head and whispered, "Are you also having fun touching that fake body, Kaito? How about trying to touch the real thing next time?"

...!!

Realizing Kaito had his hand currently lying on the Aika fake body thighs, he quickly pulled it up and apologized, "I am sorry!!"

"Pfft... Don't worry, Do you like it?" Aika teased.

"...I like it. You are gorgeous after all."

Although he is aware Aika trying to tease him right now, Kaito still honestly admits it. He wouldn't be a normal man not to see how pretty Aika was, because, in terms of appearance, she might be one of the best among all the girls he had seen in his entire life so far.

"Pfft... as expected of a harem protagonist, you are quite decisive when you need to be."

"Unfortunately, the time is ticking."

Aika looked at the clock on the wall and then pointed to a wooden chair she had prepared, "Put it there, Kaito."

Hearing what she said, Kaito nodded and then quickly brought up the 'fake body' to the chair like in the original. 

"What we should do now? Should we stab this body now...?" 

To be honest, even though he knows Aika's body in front of him is a fake, he still really hesitates to do it. After all, it really resembles Aika's appearance and to stab it in front of the original, he is afraid that she would feel offended by him.

"Leave the part of the scene to me. Just wait on the roof or somewhere else, hiding yourself." 

"Uh."

Fortunately, Aika wanted it to do on herself-- thus Kaito quickly agreed and fled from the scene. He doesn't want to mess up anything during this important moment and only Aika knows what she needs to do.

...

>>>>>

...

"Done?" 

Looking at Aika who walked toward him casually as if no more weight in her mind, Kaito quickly stood up from his coach. It had been less than 10 minutes since he was sitting in the corner of the park alone without anyone else during this hour, but Kaito was not surprised Aika was able to do it quickly and found him.

After all, the system can do anything as long there is a point to consume.

...

"Are you bored of waiting?" Aika said as she sat next to him on the couch.

"Not really." Kaito shrugged and continued asking, "Since the work is done, shall we leave the world now?" 

Aika shook her head and replied, "Are you forgetting something? Kaito." 

"Ah." 

Getting reminded about his brightest plan earlier, Kaito sighed and replied in a depressed tone, "What do you want to know, Aika."

"I won't bite you, don't worry." Aika reassured him and asked, "Why did you propose such a stupid plan, Kaito?

"The reason why I did all of that... is because I just don't like the original ending." 

"...Why? Do you think the original end is bad?" 

"In a way, I admit... The original ending is quite good..." 

After muttering that, Kaito stared at Aika's eyes and seriously stated, "However, I just don't like how the original end happened, since it's unfair to you, Aika."

Didn't expect such a reply, Aika tilted her head and curiously asked, "Unfair? Why would you think so?" 

*Sigh*

"Because in the end, everyone has a good ending except you, Aika. Even though you are the one who technically made their future possible to happen." Kaito explained in a depressed tone, "Thus, I really want you to have a good ending like others."

For Kaito, Aika's ending was a bad joke. Forcing Aika to kill herself so that the world in the future can be saved is something very unfair in her eyes, especially knowing that everyone will end up happy. Maybe for Aika, dying to save the world or the protagonist duo is something honorable or appropriate in her eyes, but not for Kaito who views all the members of the chat group as his family.

According to his idea, Aika must also get a good ending to justify what she did.  For Kaito, the fitting ending would be for Aika to end up living happily with Yoshino at the same time as Hakaze after the story ended.

...

"Ah... that's it. You are doing this for me."

Hearing Kaito's reasons for doing this for her, Aika really felt touched and couldn't help but feel warm in her chest. After all, even though this happened due to miscommunication, it cannot be denied that Kaito did this because he cared about Aika and wanted her to be happy.

"Thank you... But unfortunately, you are wrong about one thing, Kaito."

"Wrong?"

Aika nodded and then put her palm into Kaito's cheek warmly to express her feelings, "The good ending you choose for me is not necessarily something I want."

"The good ending I want for me is to leave all my ties in this world and then live together with everyone in the chat group."

"..."

Hearing what Aika said, Kaito realized that he had really done something stupid for pushing his idea toward her. Aika has chosen to leave all the relationships she has in this world to focus on the chat group, because she knows that being a member of a multiverse chat group is a more suitable identity for her than pretending to be a normal person--- like she did in front of duo protagonist for her entire life.

In a way, Kaito and Aika are very similar in this decision. If given the choice, Kaito knew he would do the same thing because, in high school DxD world, he also didn't have many people he cared about other than the members of the chat group.

"I see... I am sorry for what I did."

Kaito bowed his head after realizing and learning from his mistake. He will no longer push his idea to change Aika's ending from now on, because Aika herself has already determined the ending she wants.

Looking at his apology, Aika shook her head and stated, "I will only accept your apology unless you genuinely have accepted me joining your harem."

"What?" Shocked by her confession (and requirement), Kaito became really confused immediately and asked, "Why join my harem?! I thought you were joking."

"No, I am actually serious all this time." Aika pouted and complained, "Why do you think I want to join your peerage? After all, becoming a devil means that I would have a long life span and going to serve you forever, Kaito."

Realizing her reason does make sense, Kaito scratched his head and continued to ask,"...Really? How did that happen?"

"Not sure. It's just naturally happened like how I and Yoshino at first decided to become lovers... except it's more open and fun?"

"More open and fun?"

"After all, in front of you, I don't have to hide anything since we belong to the same supernatural. You are also more fun to tease, alongside with your worst luck." 

"Hearing it won't made me happy at all!"

"Pfft."

...

In the end, Before leaving the world, Kaito accepts Aika's confession without a lot of consideration, especially seeing no harm in doing so and he also genuinely has an interest in her. Among all the chat group members, Aika is the member who helped him the most while also being the most comfortable to talk with (despite getting teased a lot).

Now, that Aika has made a choice to leave her past behind, there is no reason for Kaito to refuse her advancement--- and he would be a fool to reject her. 

...

That's the end of this arc (temporarily). I already said ZnT is just a short arc after all (it happened 1 year prior main plot), and it only exists for a bit of character/relationship development.

Spoiler

Well, the next arc is Naruto World which is the arc where Sasuke will learn the existence of his old brother's new wife and we introduce Saitama's existence to Zetsu.

[collapse]

 

 

 

21