Chapter 16 Everything House
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 It would be a lie to say that he wasn’t surprised by what he saw. But after a few seconds of thought, he shrugged it off 

“she’ll tell me when she’s ready, till then I ain’t see nufin.” he shrugged again and exited out of the page, going back to his doom scrolling. 

Kam was only on his phone for a little while longer before the truck pulled up in his driveway. Kam put the phone in his pocket and went to greet the white man exiting the tuck.

“You're the inspector?” Kam said as he held out his hand.

“Yes, sir the names James. You must be Mr.Faye. I’ll be doing the Inspection for your home.” James replied as he firmly shook his hand. James is dressed in a plaid work shirt, with cargo pants, and work boots. 

“You can call me Kam. But thanks for coming out today James.” Kam thanked as he watched the man go to his back seat and pull out a tool belt that he began to strap to himself.

“No problem sir, just doing my job.” he fashioned the belt to his waist and made sure everything was properly functioning. After a few minutes of checking, he turned his attention back to Kam.

 “I’m ready to do the inspection now. Do you want to follow along or just want to get the report afterward?” he asked as he took out a pen and paper from the belt and checked to make sure the pen was working. 

Kam thought about it for a second “I’ll tag along with you” he eventually replied.

 Although he already knew what was going on in the house, it was better to hear about it from an expert. Sure his abilities told him everything, but Kam had no background in this field (or any of the fields he was planning to be in), so most of it was just gibberish to him. He was basically a toddler following a plastic outline to draw a character. 

He knew this was the case, and he planned to fix it over time. 

“Alrighty, let's get on our way then,”  James said as he started walking to the house. Kam followed behind him. The two entered and the inspections started. 

The Faye home wasn’t anything special, well as far as mansions go. The only thing special about it was the land that it was on. Being located within the city center of Aline, it was on prime real estate. Just the location made Kamara’s net worth over ten million credits. The home itself was a typical modern colonial house.

 The house is large, having seven bedrooms, eight baths, and plenty of space for other things. The backyard was also sizable, having enough room to fit a swimming pool, a pool house, and still having enough room for a large garden to fit. Something he remembered his grandmother doing. It even had a nice sized basement 

Kamara personally thought that the house looked too symmetrical, but it was a place to live and it was kind of free, so he couldn’t complain. And it was nicer than anything he had lived in before. The house used to be his grandparent's before, with his grandfather having it built on land he brought when the city was still relatively small. 

Back then Aline was only a small college town that held an ivy league, so the land was cheaper. But in the last fifty years, the city had exploded in population. Kamara’s grandfather had moved down here from new york to start a family.

With the money he had made as a stockbroker, he brought this land and built his dream mansion on it. He then spent the rest of his time before retirement as a professor at the Universities College of Business.

When his grandpa was building the house, modern colonial houses had become popular and many people were building their houses like this. His grandfather liked the style, a lot, and built his home the same way.  

In fact, from Kam’s memories, just four or five years ago the whole street used to have houses like this, but over time different people had moved in and renovated the houses to their style. He was sure it was an expensive endeavor, but people were in it for the land, not the home. 

 He remembered his grandfather was particularly upset about the change as he liked the way the houses looked. He even recalled hearing him say something about buying the houses nearby. Fortunately, his grandmother talked him out of it or Kamara would have a problem on his hands. 

Up until two years ago, Kam had lived in this house, with his grandparents. And as he explored the house, memories flooded his mind. Most of them were incredibly boring as his consciousness then was a robot. 

But he still looked back on them fondly for some reason. He even recalled a few memories he and his parents had during the house, they were just as boring as the others though. 

During the walk-around with the inspector, Kam had made a basic layout of what he wanted the house to look like. He didn’t know exactly what he was going to use all the space for but he would eventually figure it out. He had already picked out where he would put his gaming set up/office. 

He also decided to put a workshop in the basement to work on his important projects. That way he would have some privacy and not have to worry about people finding out he is making stuff that shouldn’t exist yet. Also, he just felt it would have a nice mad genius vibe and he liked the thought of that. 

While Kamara was making mental notes of what he wanted to do for the house he also paid attention to what the inspector was saying. He found it nice to hear someone talk about something they were both passionate about and experienced in.  

He found that these types of people always have a way to turn even the dullest of topics into something fascinating. James even had some intriguing stories about some horror houses he had gone through during his job. Apparently, house-flippers are the worse.  Overall, Kam felt it was a good experience. 

After an hour and a half, the inspection was done, they made their way back to his truck where he pulled out a laptop and a portable printer and started filling out paperwork. 

“Well Kam, as I said earlier, you don’t have any problems in the house. At least nothing that would stop you from moving. Shoot even for being abandoned for two years, you would think there would at least be some type of bug or termite infestation, but I found nothing.  You got you a keeper this time. Now you do got one or two leaky pipes that need to be tightened up, but like I told you earlier that's easy, you can do it yourself. Just look it up on Pipeline and you should find a slew of videos about it.” he said as he typed. 

Kam just nodded along, half-listening to the man. He check the time and saw that it was close to the time for the cleaners to show up. He was happy the house was fine, but he knew that before the inspector even showed up.

James printed out two copies of the inspection report along with some legal documents. He then explained to Kam again what he saw and what he put down on it. He signed a couple of spots and had Kam sign some too. After that, he handed a copy to Kamara.

“Alright Mr.Faye, it was nice meeting you. If you need anything or have any other problems feel free to call us again.” as he spoke he held out his hand for Kam to shake. 

“No, thank you for coming out. You really saved me some time, be safe on the road.” Kam lied with a smile as he shook the man's hand. 

James then got back in the truck after putting his laptop and printer up. He drove away headed somewhere Kam didn’t know or care about.

After watching the man drive off Kam made his way back to the stairs and waited for the next group of people to arrive. He planned to stay with the cleaning service when they cleaned. 

While they were cleaning he would get in contact with the city to get his utilities turned on. So, after finding the relevant numbers Kam began calling to get his water, light, and gas turned on. 

While he was on the phone the cleaners showed up and he placed the representative on hold and told them everything he wanted to be done. They then began their work and he went back to his call.  

It was fairly easy to get the contracts for the utilities of the house switched under his name, especially since he had been the legal owner for the last two years and he was a relative of the previous owner. He was even able to get it done just before the cleaning service had finished, In all the whole process took him about two hours, most of that spent on hold.

During the phone call, he managed to get an express person to come and turn on his water, power, and gas within the next two hours. The whole thing wouldn’t take more than a few minutes as it was only a few nob turns for them to turn on and shut off the power. The only thing stopping him was a lockbox on the side of his house.  

After paying for the cleaning service, Kam took out his phone one more time. He still had two more companies to call. The first one was a moving service he wanted to get moved into the new house by the end of tomorrow, he would go home tonight and after packing all his boxes he would have his stuff moved out. 

Again he did have to pay extra for the last-minute date, but he was fine with it. He wasn’t putting much stock into the money he currently had. He already had a plan to get more and it would be much, much more. 

The last call he made was to the agency of the WG that governed everything regarding the internet, the IDD or Internet Designations Department. He was going to sign up for the fastest internet package available in his area, 3GB of high-speed internet.

 It was something that was only available in a few places in Central and it was only in Aline because a few of the people that developed it had graduated from Aline University. And the city was granted it by the WG as a way to celebrate their success and promote higher education. 

It was one of the many reasons that Aline had seen so much growth and why the University was slowly becoming known for its STEM colleges as a whole, and not just its Arts and Humanities college.

Thanks for reading and as always your feedback is welcome.

0