Chapter 21 Game Night
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Issa: WTF!!! That's not a house! You

        own a mansion!?!?!?

Kam: … It's not big enough to be called a

        mansion though

Issa: Are you fucking with me!

        That's not your house, right?

Kam: Lol, it's really my house. You can

          come over and check it out if you want

Issa: Hmmm, I'll think about it.

        I gotta go talk to you later! Bye🧡

Kam: ✌

Kam chuckled a bit at their conversation but moved passed it quickly and began walking around his house, making notes of where he wanted things to go and what he wanted to be done. 

Later that night Kamara and Issa hopped on a call and had, what Issa considered to be, their first date together. They had fun playing together, it was hard but eventually, they were able to finish the first chapter of the game.

Kam had learned that Issa was a rager and when she got killed a bunch she just started cussing the computer out. At first, he was put off by that but as the night went on he had a hard time containing his laughter. Sometimes he would even purposely die whenever they were doing too good to get her riled up again.

Issa learned that when Kam is frustrated, at least with games, he stops talking and goes into extra focus. Only briefly replying if something is said to him. But she also noticed that when he's like that he gets much better at the game. So when they were in a particularly hard part she would just be quiet and let him work or mute herself to not disturb him.

It was about midnight when they finally finished the first chapter of the game and they decided to call it there. Though neither one of them left the call. Instead, after an awkward transition, they started just talking to each other.

At first, it was about Kam's house and if it was his but by the end of the night they had talked about a litany of things. Though they both made an effort to not get too personal at this point. Both of them felt it was too soon, to start talking about that type of stuff, especially not over a voice chat.

In the end, at about 2 am, they both said good night and went to bed.

It had been four days since Kam moved back into his childhood home. During that time most of his efforts were spent working on the prototype he would be showing the WG. Making the power source was easy for the most part since everything he needed he had already ordered and his abilities did the rest.

He did find it mind-numbing when he had to code a whole program from scratch. His 'coding' was just copying everything his abilities told him to do, this was actually most of what he did. In the beginning, it was fun as it was something he had never experienced, but after an hour the novelty had worn off.

But the funny thing that Kam started to realize as the days passed was that he was learning something. Well, it was more memorizing certain patterns, but nevertheless, he was gaining some knowledge through the process. Not near enough to be able to do it on his own, but enough to make him feel like he wasn't a complete waste.

As the days went by he learned more and more, to the point wherein some of the 'easier' sections of his code and math, he even took a break to try and understand what was going on. He never got it right, but it was the mindset that count.

During that time Kam started to understand why people would fall in love with STEM fields of study. There were some seriously interesting things going on, once he got past the boring parts.

The entire process made him think that he might enjoy making stuff even more if he spent more time learning the intricacies of the tech he was making. But first, he would have to start with the basics. And right now he doesn't have time for that.

If a person who knew about thermodynamics saw what Kam was making and typing into his computer, shocked would be a tame way to describe it. The coding language that Kam was writing on his computer was revolutionary. And if released, could completely change the way that the tech industry functioned, moving the progress of the world by a few hundred years.

It was just, if not more, valuable than the energy source he was making. But Kamara was oblivious to this and had no thoughts about releasing the coding language at all. 

In the end by Thursday night, Kam had coded, designed, and made a working prototype of something that would change the way the world. Just to get some money to make an RP server.  Now all he had to do was get it to make sure the Councilors saw it along with the report and presentation he had made.

He was really hoping his method wouldn't get him in too much trouble. It was the best way he could think of getting them to see it, that didn't involve him hacking, all the way, into the WG's systems or going public with his invention. 

Working on the energy source was not the only thing Kam did during these four days, just the most time-consuming. In fact, he had been pretty busy.

First, on Tuesday he was able to get someone to come out and check his extravagant fish tank and after about four hours of work, the tank was up and running. That same place offered to provide him with fish and everything else he would need for the tank if he signed up for one of their plans. With it, he could select the fish he wanted in the tank as well as the food.

And they would come regularly to clean the tank and check the fish's health. It was an expensive plan, but Kam immediately signed up for it, to save him a bunch of time. After picking the fish he thought outlook the best he now had to wait about a week and a half before everything was installed and ready to go.

On Wednesday his appliances arrived and he had them installed in the appropriate spots. He was incredibly grateful for this, he had gotten tired of eating takeout the whole time and wanted to cook himself something nice. 

Which he did, a nice steak and potato meal, with asparagus on the side. The same day his king-sized bed had arrived, and he had installed it on a simple metal bed frame. He held out on getting anything fancy until he got an interior designer.

On the topic of interior designers, after a lot of thought, Kam decided to trust Deacon and go with Catherine or at least talk to her. So he signed up for something called a discovery call and talked to her within a couple of hours.

The discovery call had proved fruitful, and after telling her the design style he wanted, contemporary, and his budget they scheduled to meet the next day since her schedule was free.

The last thing he did that day is hire a landscaper to come and fix his yard. While the front yard wasn't that bad, someone had been regularly cutting it, the back yard was a wild nest and would need someone serious work for it to be usable.

This one was a bit easier since he just found the one his grandparents had used. He had very prominent memories of them from when he was younger since they use to wake him up every Sunday with the noise of their lawnmowers. So he was able to remember the company name.

Thursday morning Catherine and her assistant had come to his house for the in-home consultation. After about a thirty-minute tour of the house where Kam showed them the whole house, including the basement and pool house. During the tour, he told them some general ideas he had for the room.

The assistant made notes of everything that he wanted to be done. Once the walk-through was done they sat down at the small table he had brought from his apartment and discussed more what Kam wanted and how he wanted the house to look.

This eventually turned into Kam listening to a rather serious Cathrine talking about all the ideas for the house and what she could do with it. Since Kam didn't know what he was doing he decided to listen to the expert and give her free reign, after laying down some simple ground rules. This excited Cathrine and after that, she quickly left to get started on her design.

It was currently Friday and Kamara was on his way back home from the mall. He had originally left to pick up the three suits he had ordered last week, but while he was out he had decided to treat himself as a reward for his hard work.

So what was supposed to be a simple pick-up turned into a 30,000 credit shopping spree where he brought clothes, shoes, and even some simple jewelry. During this time he made sure to pick up some more things for the house he needed, like towels, blankets, sheets, tissues, etc.

When he was leaving he had trouble getting everything out by himself but he managed in the end. While in the car, Kam realized that he should probably get an assistant or something of the sort soon. So along with an accountant, Kamara added an assistant to the people he would soon add to his payroll.

If you like the novel make sure to give it a like add it to your reading list. Just this simple action helps me a lot and provides an amount of motivation you can't understand.

A review would be helpful too. 

Regardless, thanks for reading and as always your feedback is welcome.

1