Chapter 22 Resident Super Genius
54 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When he got home before he started working on the presentation that he would send to the WG and after he put his new items away, Kam sat down at his desk and made a list of all the people he would need to hire.

Hiring List

-Stylist

-Accountant

-Assistant

-Housemaid

-Chef

-Interior Decorator

-Fish Tank Specialist

It was not a particularly long list, and everything on it was not absolutely necessary, but it was what he thought he would eventually need. The housemaid and accountant were things that he knew he would absolutely need. He refused to have to clean this whole house regularly. He would happily pay someone to get it done for him.

He was able to check off the interior Decorator and Tank Specialist since he already had those handled, but everything else was up for debate. 

Once he was done writing the list he looked it over again making sure that everything he wanted was there. And after a bit of debate, he decided to against a driver on the list. At first, he figure it would be nice to just have someone drive him around like he has been doing since he arrived.

But he actually liked driving and wanted to be the one driving the car he owned. Maybe in the future, his stance would change, but for now, Kamara was fine driving himself around. Well once he brought a car and got a driver's license.

With his list of hires noted down Kamara turned on his computer and began to make the presentation that he was going to send to the WG. In the presentation, he laid out the obvious benefits of the new energy and all the ways that it will help in the future.

He even gave them a sneak peek at some of the inventions that could be achieved with the new energy source. He even went as far as making small hints to the WG members whose terms were ending soon.

Once his presentation was done, Kamara put on one of his new suits, set up a video Kamara and began to record himself displaying the prototype and all that it could do. During the process of creating the prototype, he made simulation software that can show off what the power source could theoretically do.

Most of the video was honestly him going over what was already in the presentation, but the visual representation from the simulation added more to it. He planned to send a copy of the simulation software so that they could run the test themselves.

This time Kam knew that sending the simulation software would be a big deal as it was powerful, but he felt it would be a good way to show his magnanimity.

Now it might have been a little naive for Kamara to outright expose his identity. Especially when he could do everything secretly and keep his identity a secret.

But Kamara felt that it would be better for his conscious if he just outright exposed who he was. He didn't want to spend the next 10+ years wondering if his identity would be found out by the world government.

Plus, if he got the money he asked for he would more than likely have to pay the taxes on it. And the amount of money he planned to spend did not equal the amount of money he got from his inheritance. Eventually, someone would catch on.

And while he could hide everything, it was more stress than he was willing to put himself under in this lifetime. He was here to have fun and be happy, not worry about other people's bs. He knew some problems would come from this identity being exposed, but he felt, and he hoped, that if he played his cards right he would become out of this relatively unscathed.

So he finished setting up everything for his recording and got to work.

"In a world…" Kam exaggeratedly said in a deep voice before pausing for anticipation before switching back to his regular voice and walking in front of the camera holding a microphone. "Hello Council folk, I am your resident super-genius Kamara Faye…! Now please sit back and relax so that I can begin my ten-hour spiel about this bad boy right here."

He then grabbed a green glowing pill an object, that had wires going out of either side, from a table out of the frame. It was the prototype nuclear fusion cell that he would be selling. This was only the small version, the actual thing wouldn't be able to fit in his hand.

Kamara then proceeded to give an hour presentation laced with whatever jokes he could think of at the moment about the project. He made sure to describe everything in detail about the energy source and how it could solve most if not all the energy issues that humanity faces, while also showing off the power of his simulation software and what it could do. He didn't give off any super important information about how it was made, just information to get them enticed.

After he finished the recording he quickly edited it. This time he had learned his lesson and made notes of the parts he wanted to cut out and the parts he wanted to stay along with the type of edits he wanted. So editing was significantly shorter this time.

It took him two hours to finish editing and after an hour break where he just texted his friends and Issa, he began the second phase of his get-rich plan. He made a program that would, 'barely', hack into the internal servers of the WG and spam the email of the Councilors, their secretaries, and the important people of the R&D department until one person opens up the email and click on the links.

From there a document that had what he wanted in exchange for the technology would be sent, but he also mentioned it a the end of the video. The document was just more formal. 

Kam felt that as long as he didn't try to get into anything top secret then he would be ok. He only wanted to hack the server a teeny tiny itty bitty bit, so that his server wouldn't get ignored.  A harmless crime.

It took Kam about three hours to make the code, mostly because he was trying to learn while doing it, and another two to hack into the WG servers. It took two hours to hack because he was being extra careful in his approach and making sure he wasn't touching anything too serious while also cleaning up his tracks. By the time he finished with everything the sun had set and Kam was sleepy.

He took a shower and turned on a live stream while he wined down in his bed.

***

Located at the geographical center of the World, also known as Prosperity, is where the most important people within the WG are located. Prosperity is one of the largest cities in both land size and population.

Having a population of over ten million civilians and twenty-eight thousand square kilometers of land, it is one of the many hotspots of the world. The city is also one of the most secure and protected, as it is the home to almost all of the WG's most important government officials and delegates.

People from all over the world come to Prosperity to either visit or live here, because of this the city is filled with tourist destinations and amazing monuments that are known worldwide. A very prominent one is the Monolith of Names, which has the names of every former Councilor carved in it, along with a portrait. It is an incredibly detailed work that many come to see.

Another tourist site is the Parliament of Rebirth, the headquarters of the World Government itself. Located in the center of the city, The POR is a massive complex that takes up four blocks of the city. There are a total of seven buildings that are arranged in a circle surrounding a larger central building. The large building is the actual POR, while the smaller ones house the different departments of the WG. 

It is possible to tour specific areas of the POR after going through a detailed screening process. During the tour, people will be able to learn about the WGs history and be riddled with any and all types of propaganda about the world-dominating power.

The complex of the POR is surrounded by special service agents who protect the area twenty-four seven. Along with them, there are also a spy's who regularly visit and protocol the area around the POR,  to inspect any suspicious behavior. Every inch around the complex has eyes on it,  whether it be actual human eyes or the multitude of cameras hidden and unhidden.

But even with all this protection, the WG couldn't prevent the attack of a twenty-year-old, who made a wish. 

Right now people at the WG are starting to come to work and get their day started. Early morning greetings are being had and preparations for the meeting are starting to take place. Most of everyone's day, like most days, was looking to be fairly peaceful.

There weren't many problems that needed to be taken care of, the world was pretty stable and the few places that weren't were not showing any signs of acting up. Besides a few PR issues that could easily be swept under the rug, many people were excited to get the day started and finished so that they could have their weekends off and come back to work on Tuesday.

Unfortunately for many, their dreams would never happen. As just when everyone was getting into the groove of the workday. An email was sent to many of the important figures in the WG and their secretaries that would shake up their whole month. Turning a peaceful day of work into a month of hell.

1