Ambush (5)
447 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Leo arrived at the position of Artemis and Crawler he was pleasantly surprised.

Both Artemis and Crawler were pointing their guns at him when he walked towards their position.

The moment they saw it was Leo they lowered their guns.

 

 

 

When Leo looked around their position he noticed two corpses, one shield wielder and another gunner.

Their corpses were littered with bullets and there was no chance that they were still alive.

When Leo looked at crawler he noticed that his waist was bandaged.

 

 

 

"Crawler, what happened to you?" asked Leo.

"before we noticed those two creeping up on us one of them got a shot in on me, it didn't hit anything vital so I am fine, what about you though?" asked Crawler.

Leo didn't say anything and simply tossed the body of the commander towards Crawler.

 

 

 

"Hm, so that's what that scream was, has HQ been informed?" asked Crawler.

"Yes, one of the drivers was still alive and I took him out of the vehicle and ordered him to contact HQ, they should arrive soon. The commander is still alive, I just had to ensure he would calm down a little." said Leo with an evil smile.

 

 

 

"Enough, do you know anything about Pirates condition?" asked Artemis.

Leo nodded and responded.

"Yes, Pirate is injured and was about to be captured, I eliminated the two operatives attempting to capture her and told her to seek cover and bandage up, after that, I got the commander, so everyone should be eliminated, let's look for the driver and Pirate and regroup at the vehicle."

 

 

 

"Alright, Leo you can go get the driver since you know where you left him, we will regroup at the vehicle, we will see you in about 5 minutes then." said Artemis.

Leo walked away from Artemis and Crawler and went towards the position where he left the driver.

"Ah, you're back." heard Leo.

 

 

 

He saw the driver still leaning against the tree in a puddle of blood.

"Turns out a piece of scrap metal lodged itself into my leg, I will be fine, don't worry." said the driver.

Leo nodded and picked lifted him up on his good shoulder.

 

 

 

"Did you contact HQ?" asked Leo.

"Yea, I did. back up will arrive soon, when I called them in they said they would be here within an hour, about 40 minutes have passed so they will be here soon. Let's just hope the foundation doesn't send reinforcements by then." said the driver.

 

 

 

Leo kept walking and didn't respond.

After walking in silence for a minute the driver opened his mouth again.

"Hey, you are also wounded, you should get that checked out."

Leo just let out a grunt of approval and after walking for two more minutes they arrived at the vehicle.

 

 

 

The body of the other driver was still there, Leo just ignored it.

When Leo turned towards the back of the vehicle he spotted Pirate laying down on the ground with Crawler and Artemis squatting next to her, they were currently patching up her body.

"Just hold on for a while longer Pirate, once reinforcements arrive you will be treated professionally." said Crawler.

 

 

 

Pirate just simply nodded.

When Pirate saw Leo she smiled at him before speaking.

"Ah, my savior, I heard  that you kicked that squad leader's ass, well done lad."

 

 

 

"Don't stress yourself too much, we can speak later." said Leo.

Pirate once again nodded before relaxing her body again.

"Leo- uh, I mean Nightmare, we need to talk." said Crawler.

 

 

 

Leo nodded and followed Crawler.

They walked for a minute or two until the others were no longer in sight.

"Look, we may have gotten off to a bad start, and I am going to be honest with you, I still can't forgive you for what you did to Empress. But I still want to thank you for what you did today, if it wasn't for you Emilia wouldn't be here anymore. I want to apologize for my previous behavior."

Crawler extended his hand towards Leo.

Leo smiled at him and grasped his hand, giving him a firm handshake.

 

 

 

[Objective update: train your combat technique and establish positive relationships with your teammates (4/4 completed!)]

[Objective completed!]

[Reward given!: Ability to absorb some memories from targets you shapeshift to.]

[New objective!]

[Objective update: Complete your current mission and deliver the item to client.]

16