Reinforcements
461 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leo was happy and confused upon seeing the completion of his current quest.

"Are you able to elaborate on the reward?" thought Leo.

[Upon killing a target and absorbing their body you get the choice to absorb some of the target's memories, please note that as of now you have no control over what memories you absorb. This ability is upgradable by continuing your current path.]

 

 

 

Leo got snapped out of his trance when Crawler waved his hand in front of his face.

"You all right dude? You really act weird sometimes." said Crawler.

Leo nodded at Crawler before walking off, he wanted to test his new ability.

 

 

 

Leo went towards the corpse of the shield user he killed with his sickle.

When he arrived at the corpse Leo leaned down on one knee before touching the corpse and focussing his energy.

Leo discarded Hawk's shapeshift form from his memory, he had to clear up space for the shield wielder's body.

Leo started focussing his energy on the body and soon saved the body.

 

 

 

[Do you wish to absorb Memories of Daniel Western?]

"Yes." thought Leo.

Leo instantly collapsed to the ground and let out a scream of pain.

 

 

 

A bunch of memories entered Leo's head, it felt like getting stabbed in the brain.

The memories differed a lot, childhood memories, loss of a family member, birthdays, and finally the death of the operator.

Leo got hit by a wave of emotions, pride, hatred, despair, and so on.

 

 

 

Once it was all done Leo felt exhausted, he felt like he had just ran a marathon, not to mention that the pain in his head was not dissipating.

[Memories have been absorbed!]

[Compiling most important memories for host...]

[Completed!]

 

 

 

Leo suddenly saw the image of an SCP site in his memory, there was also a memory of a list containing SCP names and dates, the final memory Leo saw was of a small group of Mobile Task Force members escorting what seemed like a VIP.

After laying in the snow for another seven minutes, Leo finally returned to the vehicle.

 

 

 

The sound of a helicopter could be heard in the distance, after four minutes the helicopter landed in front of Leo and his squadron.

Everyone simply hoped that it would be friendly reinforcements, not hostile.

If it was hostile it was most likely over for them.

 

 

 

When the helicopter landed two heavily armed combatives stepped out of the helicopter.

They were wearing an EOD suit while wielding a machinegun.

 

 

 

"Squadron MORTIFER?" asked one.

Artemis nodded at the combative and he lowered his gun.

"Thank you for your service to MC&D and congratulations on your victory, please allow us to escort you and your squadron to a temporary base for medical aid while we prepare your next transport vehicle."

 

 

 

Crawler walked forward before speaking.

"One more thing, one of our agents managed to capture their commander alive but he is injured, what will happen to him?"

The two combatives looked at each other before speaking.

 

 

 

"Take him with you to the temporary base, once he is stabilized a special squadron will come and get him, now we must move. If we wait any longer the foundation's reinforcements will arrive."

Leo, Artemis, and Crawler helped Pirate board the helicopter meanwhile the two combatives helped the driver in.

The combatives picked up the commander and threw him in the helicopter like trash before quickly closing the doors and departing.

 

 

 

"Can we get a status report on your injuries so we can report in to HQ?" asked one of the combatives.

Artemis quickly responded.

"Agent Crawler has been shot in the side of his abdomen, it did not hit any vital organs.

Agent Pirate has been shot both in her arm and leg, the bullet in her leg hit an artery resulting in her bleeding profusely, immediate medical care is needed or she will bleed out.

Agent Nightmare has been shot in his shoulder, he is currently fine.

Our drivers leg got pierced with a piece of scrap metal, we are not sure if it hit a artery or not.

And finally, I am uninjured."

 

 

 

The two combatives reported to HQ and after a thirty-minute helicopter ride, they arrived at the temporary base.

15