Chapter 3 – My name is…
1.1k 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Matou Dragonsteel.

That was the name given to the child born between two noble families, the Dragonsteel family, and the Silverlake family. It was said that on the day this child was born, the dark sky brightened as if heaven itself was welcoming it, and the ground shook in greeting. Let it be known that the child could speak in a few months after birth, could walk in a year, and picked up a sword at the age of 3.

Let it be known that-

A thick book came flying out of nowhere, landing squarely on an elderly man’s head. This elderly man clutched his head with his hands in pain, only to comb his mop of white hair into perfection.

He wore a butler’s outfit, with a black waistcoat and bowtie. The abrupt development terrified the surrounding children and they scattered off within seconds

“Stop telling weird stories, Albert!” Matou hissed, his other hand armed with another thick book. “Especially to my siblings!”

Albert turned around in surprise. “Young Master, I did not think you would be here. Is something the matter?”

Matou’s right eye twitched. “You heard what I just said. Promise not to do it again.”

“Hoh-Hoh. But what if they never learn of Young Master’s greatness? It is imperative that they learn from young.”

Matou felt a chill running down his spine. “If they all grow up to be like you, singing my praises non-stop, I think I might go crazy.”

Albert chuckled, before continuing, “Oh right, Young Master. Miss Annie was waiting for you at the gates. It’s best you don’t keep her waiting.”

Annie was one of Matou’s personal maids. She had been his childhood friend growing up and was assigned to be his maid from a very young age. An interesting thing to note, Albert was Annie’s grandfather but did not refer to her as such due to his strict professionalism, a trait they both share.

“All right. But if I catch you singing my praises to my siblings again, I will make sure the only place you’ll be cleaning are the dungeons.”

The servant’s face paled, before bowing his head. “I hope you have a nice trip, Young Master”

“Tch, you’re lucky I won’t be back anytime soon, but remember, I can always tell mom and dad.” Matou left a warning before turning around to leave.

If you didn’t already know, Matou is Kunio’s new identity. Thankfully, he kept all his memories from before his reincarnation, which was incredibly convenient, for he did not need to relearn all the basic skills like walking or talking. The System translated all the words he heard into Japanese, so he had no trouble understanding Eden’s language.

Though, it was funny seeing their reactions when I started talking.

When Matou started speaking basic words at a few months old, it shocked his mother so much she fainted. He then started panicking and called for help, until he realized that babies don’t call for help, but it was too late. The maidservants all discovered his capability of speaking, and he was labeled an unparalleled genius ever since.

Matou walked down the circular staircase of a tower as he recalled the events of the past.

Being praised to heaven and back piled a certain pressure onto him, and so he continued performing legendary feats no ordinary baby has ever done. Once his legs grew strong enough, he started walking, and once his arms grew strong enough, he picked up a sword.

It felt amazing at first, being praised. It pushed him to even greater heights. However, eventually, it got annoying, and honestly? A bit repetitive as well.

Whenever he did something extraordinary, their reactions would always be “Could he be an unparalleled genius?” Or “Could this be the sign of a truly unparalleled genius?”

Of course, it was too late to change anything now.

The system he was provided with served to propel his legend further. While he couldn’t achieve complete mastery, he could learn spells just by watching it once. If this wasn’t a powerful cheat, then he didn’t know what is.

Fire magic?

[Spell learned: Fire bolt]

[Skill obtained: Fire Magic D]

Ice magic?

[Spell learned: Ice spike]

[Skill obtained: Ice Magic D]

His magic instructors all nearly had a heart attack when they saw his ability. When he asked why they collectively collapsed from shock, he received a lengthy explanation.

“Listen up, Young Master. People are born with ‘blessings’, which dictate the type of magic they could use. This usually means having one basic type of magic, like the basic elements, fire, water, and lightning. Some are luckier and can use two types of magic. Something like using all elements are heard of only in fairy tales.”

That explained why when Matou tried casting his repertoire of magic spells in rapid succession, his mother, who happened to walk in at that moment, fainted from shock.

In a panic, Matou went up to his mother and performed healing magic, only for her to wake up, see his magic, and faint again…

He was starting to see why people kept singing his praises…

By the way, there are many different ways that determine what type of magic a person is born with. In Matou’s case, there were two.

He got his ability to cast healing magic from his mother, which meant that people can inherit their parent’s magic. He had a sneaking suspicion that this was the reason why his father chose to marry his mother.

The other method was blessings, bestowed by powerful beings. Matou had multiple blessings, courtesy of Gaia. His System told him that his handsome looks were a result of a blessing too, but he liked to think he was naturally handsome.

Of course, these methods weren’t the only ones that could grant people powers. The System had assured him that there were more methods, and it was a matter of time before he discovered them all. For all he knew, the granting of powers could also be decided by some sadistic RNG system even worse than the gacha rates of mobile games back on earth.

“Matouuuu!!!” A cheery voice snapped him out of his reverie.

His vision blurred as he felt his back receive a heavy impact. He already knew who it was judging by the voice of the individual. It was Mia, who was one of his personal maidservants and an anomaly among the Dragonsteel estate. That’s right, she was a Beastperson! Or back in Japan, also known as Kemonomimi.

When he had first met her, he was incredibly delighted. Even though he had expected fantasy races to be in Eden, such as elves or trolls and whatnot. Seeing is believing and it made for a memorable experience.

Matou turned around to look at her. Tenaciously hugging to his back was a 12-year-old girl in a maid uniform. Unlike the other maid uniforms that maids wear in the Dragonsteel castle, hers had a short skirt, without many frills. ‘It’s too stuffy!’ was what she said, before ripping the original uniform to shreds.

Mia was a force of nature, completely unsuitable to be a maid, but insisted to be one regardless, much to the dismay of literally everyone else.

Matou thought it was funny and allowed it.

Matou caressed her head with loving affection, making the girl purr in satisfaction, rubbing her face vigorously onto his back. Situated on the top of her head were two fluffy ears which Matou was very fond of.

Scratching them always brought a smile to his face as it reminded him of his previous life’s cat.

“Come on, let’s go. We can’t keep Annie waiting.”

“Ehehe, okay~”

Ten minutes later, after passing through the wide courtyard, they arrived at the gates, where another maid was waiting.

Tapping her foot impatiently, Annie glared fiercely at the latecomers.

“Young Master~, I hope that you weren’t goofing off while I waited patiently at the entrance for you! If that was true, I might just have to break out the stick~”

Now it was Matou’s turn for his face to turn pale, after what he had said to Albert. Said stick was a wooden staff with an intricately carved dragon head on one end, and it was twirling menacingly in the hands of an even more menacing maid.

His gulped a mouthful of air before he uttered a praise, “Oh Annie, how your beautiful golden locks sparkle in the morning sun! Your green eyes are silky and smooth- Wait, I think I got it mixed up.” Matou cleared his throat. “Oh Annie, how— “

Smack!

[Critical Hit!]

[User took 14 damage!]

“Aaargh!”

Matou clutched his forehead in agony as Annie snorted, lifted her chin, and walked away. Mia seemed to hesitate as she fluttered back and forth between them, before deciding it was best to follow the pissed maid. A blue screen flashed before his tear-filled eyes and he peered at his stat page.

Name:

Matou Dragonsteel

Title:

Unparalleled genius unseen for millennia

Race:

Human

Age:

13

Level:

15

Health points:

201/215

Mana points:

294/294

Job(s):

Magic Swordsman

Noble

 

 

 

Strength:

C+

Agility:

C

Endurance:

C

Mana:

C++

Intelligence:

C+

Wisdom:

C

Charisma:

B

Luck:

E

 

Notable abilities

- Peak Physique C

- Divine blessing (Handsome looks)

- Reincarnated memories S

- Blessings of a System S

- Blessings of the elements

 

 

Notable skills

-Swordsmanship C (Dragon Dance Style):

5 techniques

·       Dragon Scale Reflection

·       Dragon pierces the clouds

·       Dragon breaks the gate

·       Dragon dances to flame

·       Dragon ascends to heaven

- Healing Magic D

- Elemental Magic C

- Earth's Recipe Cooking B

- Karate C

 

It was hideously long, but this was already the shortened version. Back when he had just started playing around with the System, the list included everything.

From specific spell names, various nicknames, relationships, and even a long list of dishes he can make. ALL of it was displayed and it always hindered his vision.

Luckily, he managed to shorten it, but even then, it was still long.

There was another pet peeve he had of the system. By simply looking at someone, it brings up their statistics as well. Very handy, but some information he really didn’t need to know, and information he did need to know were buried under walls of text.

He managed to shorten it and now it’s significantly more bearable. His eyes landed on the two maids at a short distance, walking side by side.

[System scan was successful!]

Name:

Annie Dragonsteel

Title:

Soldier maid

Level:

10

 

[System scan was successful!]

Name:

Mia

Title:

Maid in name only

Level:

8

 

He rubbed the red mark on his forehead and marched towards them. They were on their way to restock supplies before heading off to Solus Academy, located in a kingdom far away from home.

The Solus academy was a place for young geniuses like himself to learn and grow. There, he would meet new friends and teachers, learn new and exciting magic, and maybe even meet the love of his life. Who knows? Anything could happen.

But if there was one thing he knew for sure, it was that this was simply the start of a new journey, a journey that will inevitably end with him saving the world.

Main Quest

Prevent the calamity that will befall upon Eden

Progress: 0/???

19