Chapter 3; A place of living
43 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With heavy breaths I start to run away again. My unnatural deer like legs grow weak while I rush past all these tall trees. While running I take in my surrounding the best I can. With a labored breath out the world seems to slow. I can count the footfalls that are trailing behind. I can see the marks left on tree trunks, hopefully left by other to lead to somewhere safe. I see an arrow fly through the air missing it's mark burying itself in to a tree. I breath back in and pick up the pace with my already screaming legs.

With my quickened pace my black cloak gets caught on an exposed root tripping me up. I fall on my butt and try to quickly get up and run away but my cloak won't let go of the root. I am sorry mother. I quickly take off the cloak that is only attached but a tied string. I swear I will find you again. With my cloak gone my furry ears pop out of my head making easier to hear my hunters but also rushing water. I have heard they hate water. I start running towards the sound of rushing water with new hope.

With a heavy step I make it into a clearing with the sound of water in sight. It is a shallow waterfall. Not what I was hoping for but better then nothing. I take steps into the waterfall waiting for my hunters to come. The water tries to force my off the cliff but even with tired legs I can hold against it. Soon my hunters show up. They take a second to notice me and the water but they don't seem fearful of either while I give a hate filled look. Why isn't the water working.

I began backing up while they step forward. They step forward I take two back. It doesn't take long to reach the edge, I take glance down below. It look like a longer drop then I thought. I glance back at my hunters they are already in the water and only a few feet away. Why did the water not work was it a lie. I glance off the waterfall again and in a hope of escape and act of defiance I lean back while looking at them. I soon feel the air rushing past me. 

I slowly open my eyes and look into the night sky and start praying to the stars for survival. Halfway through my prayer my body hits cold water and my vision turns to black.


"-so what about you Ellis." I stood up from the chair putting both my hands on the table. I know that voice.

"Ellis what's wrong?" I take a look front of me and tears flow from my eyes. I know that figure. I leapt over the table and give the figure a hug.

"Ellis . . . oh right today is your birthday,"she said while I still hold onto her,"I can't give you your gift if you hug me."

I take a step back and a glance at the figure once more. Reddish hair, check, Emerald eyes, check, green shirt she always wears, check, white skirt, check, deer like legs, check. It's my mother in front of me. Suddenly she produced a familiar cloak from under her skirt somehow and began to hand it to me.

Two things in front of me I lost right in front of me I don't believe it but my body does. I feel tears escape my eyes and began to grab the cloak. As soon as I grab it it turned into a piece of paper with a single on it "run". Suddenly the house begins to shake, a door that I didn't know was behind me opens, I hear a multitude of screams, and I see a figure behind my mother.

The figure raised a finger to it's mouth as to say "hush". Not a second later a spear erupts from my mother's chest spraying me with her warm blood. My mother weakly raises a hand to the open door that leads to white space while saying "Run." 

I comply with tears running faster from my face. As soon as I make my way out the door I turn around to look back in hoping for the best instead I see myself holding a bloody spear and my mother's head. "Your fault," Myself says before the door slams shut.


I gasp for air and try to sit up (but fail) before I realize how much pain I am in. Their is water in my lungs that won't leave, my right arm feels broken, and my eyelids won't listen to me. I feel cold and wet but I am not in the river. Lucky me. I slowly sit up and try to open my eyes. They slowly open like a door that's almost to heavy.

When they finally open all the way I am not greeted by light but an all consuming darkness with a face. A face that is way to close to mine. I scream and back away the best I can only to soon hit the tree behind me. I get far enough away to see that the face is connected to a female body.

The face itself is just two star like dot where the eyes would be on a featureless head while the body is female shaped also without features. The face gets a little closer to me and I try to back up more but can't. Then it looks me up and down before backing away. I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding and try to stand up. I put my left hand on the ground and push up and try to let my legs catch me but they are currently taking a vacation so I fall face forward closer to the creature.

The creature does nothing but I can feel it staring at me. I sit up again and put my back against the tree again before taking in my situation. Okay so there is a weird creature I have never seen before in front of me most likely a monster but it doesn't seem to want to kill me I doubt I can escape it my legs won't listen to me after all it doesn't seem to want to talk actually can it talk it has no mouth wait this is no time to wonder about this creature I need to think what I can do . . . I drawing a blank maybe I should try to talk to it . . . that seems like a bad idea but I can't do nothing.

"Hello," I say while wave at the creature. The creature tilts it's head before the two dots on it's head disappears. It then begins to nod and shake it head while also moving it's hands . . . almost like it's talking to someone or something. Is there another creature that I can't see. I began searching left and right but nothing. My breathing becomes ragged and my heart tries to jump out of my chest. Where is the other creature is the other one going to kill me where is it.

I involuntarily let out a whimper before turning back to the only creature I can see. It's star eyes have return and they are currently looking around. Eventually they fall back on my and they don't leave. I get scared and accidentally lean on my broken right arm and let out a scream. I think the creature didn't like that because it's eyes stare at me more intensely. I try to back up again only to once again be reminded that my back is against a tree.

This is where I die isn't this creature is going to kill me and I will be gone I can't believe after surviving a fall off a waterfall I am going to die wait . . . shouldn't I have already be dead I remember falling unconscious after I hit the water so shouldn't I have drowned unless . . . this creature saved me but that can't be . . . right?

My thoughts get interrupted by a prideful female voice that enter my head,"Creature I have permitted you will . . ." My body jumps when I hear the voice and so does my mind. Does this creature in front of me have telepathy why and why only speak now why did it stop maybe it's speaking to the other creature also what is it going to permit me is it going to permit me to die I'll listen to it it might have pulled me out of the water.

The voice comes back again but it seems a little agitated,"Creature you are going to live in exchange you will give me information I seek." That seems really simple but it might kill me if I can't answer it I hope it will be nothing difficult. I nod up and down in a quick manner as to not agitate it anymore. The voice comes back with a laugh,"HaHaHa creature have you forgotten how to speak."

I let out a small "yes" while nodding.

"Creature I permit you to speak your name."

"Ellis."

"Creature Ellis I will ask my question, What are skills."

"Hmm skills are wait what?!"

I should try harder on this and actually do one a week also sorry if this is short

0