Chapter 9 Streets of Ivarta
210 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The keystone streets of Ivarta were filled with people wanting to sell their wares. It had been a few days since Doran had spoken to his father and had received the Lewis family's technique. He didn't want to devote himself entirely to magic and meditation. Therefore, he talked to his father and asked permission to visit Ivarta. Lord Albert had agreed on the condition that Edward accompanies him. Although his sword training with Edward continued, his frequency had drastically decreased.

 

“come come, I have the freshest vegetables”

 

“Breads that just come out of the oven are here”

 

Doran and Edward began to wander the keystone streets of Ivarta. Doran immediately noticed a few things about the people of the city. For example, nearly all adult humans were at least a Tier 1 cultivator. One of the first things Maverick taught Doran after creating the mana seed was discerning the tiers of people around him. 

 

As Doran saw the city, he saw how different this place was from the world he came from. Although the city was mostly human, occasional elves and dwarves could be seen walking in the crowd.

 

Doran was gaping at the elves, causing them to give him strange looks.

 

When his interest in elves waned a little, he bought 2 freshly baked pieces of bread with his pocket money. He handed one of them to Edward, and they continued walking, eating the hot bread.

The main roads were quite wide, and vendors opening their stalls on both sides of the road were everywhere.

 

In time, they moved away from the main streets and came to the poor streets of Ivarta. Doran was upset, if not surprised, by what he saw. Every city had poor streets.

 

Children walking around in torn clothes. The coughing sounds of the elderly and sick echoed in the street.

 

There were even heaps of rubbish piled on the sides of the street.

 

"Let's go back if you want," said Edward. He didn't seem to want his young master to be adversely affected.

 

“Edward, isn't there an orphanage for these children in Ivarta”

 

“There is, but there is no building big enough to accommodate all the children”

 

Doran's speech and questions took Edward by surprise. His young master was acting quite mature for his age. After wandering around the poor streets a little more, they started to visit other parts of the city.

 

Doran was about to enter an alley when Edward blocked her with his hand.

 

"Let's skip this street, it's not a place for your age," said Edward.

 

Doran was intrigued by Edward's words and began to study the street before him seriously. He soon realized why.

 

Women wearing slit skirts at the building doors were trying to flirt with passers-by. It was kind of like the red light district. Although Doran wanted to explore the street a little more, they continued on a different street with the guidance of Edward.

 

Walking the streets made Doran hungry. He wanted to eat something different from what he ate in the castle.

 

“Edward, do you know a place where we can eat”

 

“Of course, the Golden Ale inn is the inn that cooks the best in Ivarta. Let's try it right ahead if you want”

 

Doran happily accepted this offer and they started walking towards this inn.

 

The inn was a 3-story building and was right next to the town square. There was a large sign above the door. Edward pushed the Door open and held it for Doran to enter.

 

Although it was late afternoon, the inn lobby was quite lively. Sixty percent of the tables in the lobby were occupied. The serving staff were moving quickly to fulfill the orders. They found an empty table by the window and sat down.

 

Not long after, the big-bellied innkeeper approached them.

 

"Sir Edward, welcome to our humble establishment..."

 

The innkeeper immediately recognized the head of the duke's guards.

But he didn't recognize the red-haired boy next to him. While red hair was rare, it wasn't just something the duke's family owned, after all, it couldn't be expected to make a direct connection.

 

“We came to eat, what do you have today?” said Edward.

 

“Oh, you're just in time, Adventurers have hunted a tier 4 monster. I was able to get a piece too. Would you like it as a barbecue or a stew?"

 

Edward looked to Doran for an answer.

 

“Let's get both,” said Doran.

 

Although the innkeeper was surprised that the decision was made by a child, he quickly collected himself. And he began to speak respectfully.

 

"What would you like to drink."

 

“What do you have without alcohol?”

 

“We only have freshly squeezed grape juice without alcohol.”

 

"Okay, I'll get one."

 

Edward said the same thing since he is on duty now. When the innkeeper took their orders, he quickly left them.

 

Not long after, the innkeeper and two serving staff came with plates in their hands. After the table was set with these dishes, he began to speak.

 

“If you need anything else, please call,” he said and left the table.

 

When Doran saw the food in front of him, he couldn't hold back any longer and started eating. Food was really delicious. High tier beast meats helped cultivation a little bit. Because of this, the meals made for Doran in the castle became the meat of high-tier monsters. But changing the chef was not bad. When they finished their meal, they left the inn and came to the town square.

 

The town square was a large circular space. Around this area were the important buildings of the city. Important buildings such as the Guardhouse, Adventurers guild, and Auction house were all here. And these buildings were artistically different from the others. It was obvious that they were custom-made.

 

After examining the buildings in the city center a little more, Doran decided to return to the castle. The Red Castle was located on a hill to the north of the city. Although it remained within the city walls, there was no building on the hill other than the castle. They walked to the castle.

 

After entering the castle, Doran went to his room, took a shower and rested for a while, then went down to the dinner in the main hall.

“How did you find the city?” ' said Lord Albert, after putting a bite of meat in his mouth.

 

“I wanted to talk to you about that too. I have a few ideas in mind. “

 

“Oh, then the topic of our talk tomorrow is clear,” he said and smiled.

 

“What are you guys talking about every morning. If you continue to neglect your mother, I will be sad now,” Elizabeth said.

 

Doran and Lord Alberth coughed into silence. Neither of them wanted to answer Elizabeth.

14