Chapter 10 – Plans
241 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Schools huh,” murmured Lord Albert. Their conversation with Doran had just ended. And his son had made some interesting proposals. While he was considering these proposals, the door opened and his servant, James, entered.

 

“My lord, Markus has arrived,” James said, leaning forward.

 

“Okay, send him in,” he said. And he got out of his deep thoughts and started to focus on the subject in front of him.

 

Markuss walked through the door and greeted Lord Albert.

 

"Sit down, I have something to talk to you about." Lord Albert said, pointing to the chair in front of the table.

 

Markus did as he was told and sat on the chair.

 

Markus looked like a normal person in appearance. You could easily bump into the street and then forget about it. He wasn't tall. But he was not very short. His facial features didn't make him handsome, but he wasn't ugly either. Such traits made him an excellent spy.

 

Lord Albert took a deep breath and began to speak.

 

“I have a mission for you and your team. This mission will directly affect Vartica's future, so can you handle a very important mission?"

 

“We are ready for any task you assign, my lord.” he said with a military tone in his voice.

 

"Ok then. What I want you to do is go to the kingdom of Oswolt and…”

 

Lord Albert explained the details of the mission to Markus. Markus listened carefully to what Lord Albert had to say.

 

“You have one week to assemble the team and prepare. Don't make a huge team. Choose only the best. Report to me when everything is ready.” said Lord Albert.

 

Markus stood up and greeted Lord Albert.

 

“As you command, my lord.” He said and left the room to follow orders.

 

When Lord Albert was alone in the room, he got up and came to the window.

 

“Father, it's almost time. We will finally get rid of this Kingdom’s chains,” he muttered.

—----------

 

Doran was in his magic class with Maverick at the time. It was the first time he was going to cast a spell. He was listening attentively to Maverick's explanations.

 

“...that is, you have to shape the surrounding mana into the shape you want with your will. Don't create the fireball too close to your body or you may burn yourself instead of the enemy"

 

Doran laughed at that.

 

“You laugh, but you wouldn't laugh if I counted the number of mages who burned themselves during the initial learning of this spell.”

 

Doran decided to be a little cautious. Otherwise, it was as if Maverick would never forget it if he mess it up.

 

"Now, try it"

 

Doran tried to create a fireball as Maverick described it. He devoted all his will to directing mana.

 

Before long, a walnut-sized flame appeared in the air in front of him.

 

“Oh well, you did it on the first try.”

Doran, on the other hand, didn't seem too happy with the result. It was as if something was missing. Despite all his concentration focusing on the fireball, he was only able to create a flame the size of a walnut.

 

The method Maverick said was like putting Mana roughly in a container. Just imagining the flame seemed insufficient. Doran thought about what he knew about the flame.

 

Fire is the visible effect of the process of combustion – a special type of chemical reaction. It occurs between oxygen in the air and some sort of fuel. In this case, he needed to use mana as fuel. Thinking about how to do this, he decided to try again.

 

This time, the flame that formed in front of him was almost the size of his head. Maverick's eyes widened when he saw this result. It was Dora's second attempt at this spell, and he had such a result.

 

"How did you do this." said Maverick quickly.

 

Doran didn't know how to respond to that. He couldn't say he was using knowledge from his old world.

 

“I think I visualized it in more detail in my head.”

 

“Hmm, I guess I didn't need to say step two. You've already found it yourself." said the Maverick.

 

“So how am I going to move this flame?” he asked. After all, we couldn't hurt anyone with the flame standing in place.

 

“This flame was created of your own will, now it will listen to you, you just have to determine the direction and speed you want it to go,” said the Maverick.

 

Doran and Maverick continued their magic lesson. While Doran was learning magic, he was happy to develop himself in a new field.

 

Finally the lesson is over. After Doran talked to Maverick about tomorrow's lesson, he left the building where the maverick was staying and started walking towards the castle.

Doran was thoughtful as he entered the main hall of the castle. He was thinking more about what happened in class today. He had created a fire using knowledge from his old world. He was aware of the laws of nature that the people of this world did not know. But the real question is how to use it.

 

He was a little distracted while eating his dinner. Lord Albert didn't bother him too much, thinking he was thinking about the lessons. When the food was finished, Doran retired to his room. It was usually around this time that he began to study the Lewis family's technique. After getting into bed, he sat in the lotus position and focused his inner mana on directing and gathering towards his heart. Today's cultivation training was not going as well as he had hoped. He was constantly coming up with new ideas. Just as he was about to let go, he felt a not-so-unfamiliar feeling where his heart was.

 

He also took the first step as a cultivator.

 

—-----------

 

Time flew by quickly. In the blink of an eye, 4 years had passed. Doran continued to evolve as a Mage and a Cultivator. This quiet life of Doran was completely different from the north of the Etna continent. It looked like a war could break out at any moment between the kingdom of Leon and the kingdom of Oswolt.

13