Chapter 17 – Future!
204 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Doran got out of bed, yawning, as Red Castle was lit by the first rays of the morning. After getting up from the bed, he called to the door.

 

“Marry?”

 

A few seconds later the door opened, and Marry entered. The maids in Red Castle had woke up before dawn and moved to their posts. Marry was Doran's personal maid. Although Doran had repeatedly said that she didn't need to get up so early, Marry had not listened to him and continued to wait outside his door. 

 

On the other hand, Doran had brought a chair and placed it in front of his door so that at least she wouldn't have to stand.

 

The idea of a maid who would do whatever he wanted to be seemed strange at first to Doran, but as time passed, he got used to it. He continued talking as Marry entered the room.

 

“Can you prepare hot water for the bathroom?”

 

"As Your command, Prince Doran"

 

"Come on Marry we've talked about this, just call me Daron when it's just the two of us"

 

“Unfortunately, I can't do that”

 

Doran shook his head helplessly. Marry left the room to carry out her order.

 

Doran was pretty busy today. He had to talk to his father about the parliament they would establish in the morning. Since the kingdom was newly established, his father had to appoint nobles to rule the Vartica lands. But when Doran suggested a different path to him, he didn't want to let it pass without thinking.

 

After this conversation, he had his first date with Ashley. 

 

Marry, along with a few maids, filled the tub and left the room. She had understood over the past four years that her young master liked to bathe alone, and she no longer insisted on bathing him.

 

After Doran quickly cleaned his body, he put on his clothes. He'd better design something for a shower in the castle. He didn't like the idea of ​​making Marry carry boiling water every morning. After writing this in the back of his mind, he left his room and started walking toward his father's study.

When he got to his father's study, he saw James waiting at the door. 

 

Seeing Doran, James reached down and opened the study door. When Doran arrived, he did not need to inform his majesty in advance.

 

When Doran entered the room, he found his father sitting in his usual place. But this time he saw that there were a lot of papers and reports on the table.

 

“Good morning, Dad,” Doran said.

 

“Good morning, Doran, I can finally talk to you about this parliament,”

 

Doran sat across from his father.

 

“Can you tell me once more how this system works?” asked Albert.

 

“Father, as I said before, this method will actually speed up the functioning of the kingdom, even though it is like giving some of the power we hold in our hands to parliament.”

“First of all, we must write a constitution. This is a set of rules that prescribe what nobles and even the King can and cannot do. When this constitution is ready, we can open the parliament. It would be better if the parliament consists of two parts. Normally in my old world, these parts are nobles and commoners. Thus, we can give this parliamentary membership instead of giving away land while distributing titles.”

“If we are not going to give land to the Nobles, who will rule the Cities?”

 

“We can let the parliament decide among themselves to elect the people who will rule the cities, but these given administrations will be valid for a certain period of time, for example, 5 years. Then we can let the parliament decide whether these administered lands are well or badly governed. Those who manage well can be reassigned to manage in a different place.”

Albert asked after thinking about what his son had said.

 

“And how will it be empowered to change these laws?”

 

“As I said, the nobility and commoner will be divided into two parts of the parliament. These two groups may propose a bill, but both will have only one vote. If you don't want the bill to pass, you can veto it."

 

"Actually, it's like having a group of people do our job"

 

“And what will they gain from being in this parliament? If no one gains anything, I'm sure they won't be too happy about it?"

 

“You're right dad, although they don't actually have a directly gain anything, on the other hand, those in this parliament will be the first people to access information in the future. If we plan to make a change something, these people will reach the information first. Also, being in the parliament will allow them to get to know a lot of people and establish business partnerships. “

“Also, you know my thoughts, Dad, I plan to make Vartica an economic center in the next 20 years, and if those in the parliament can keep up with these changes, they may become richer than some kingdoms.”

 

Albert listened to Doran. Doran had many plans for the future of Vartica. While he understood some of them, he had no idea about the rest. But he knew these ideas were groundbreaking.

 

"Okay, you're in charge of discussing the design of the parliament building with the architects, and I want you to be there while this constitution is being written."

 

"But dad-"

 

"It's not over, I'm planning to appoint you as the ruler of Murdok after the agreement with the kingdom of Leon is signed."

 

Doran's eyes widened at this news.

 

"Isn't it a little early for that?" he asked his father.

 

“Doran, you are like a walking library, but you still need something.”

 

"What's that?"

 

“Experience, you have an idea on almost everything, but you have no experience in anything. You were telling me how important Murdok is to Vartica, I want you to go there once you come of age to govern it and gain experience,” said Albert.

 

As Doran pondered what his father had said, his father continued.

 

“Also, Maverick will go to Murdok with you. The kingdom needs an academy. I'll assign Maverick to set up an academy in Murdok, and if he asks for your help, don't hesitate to do so."

 

"You're finally starting to give Murdok the attention it deserves, Dad."

 

Murdok was Vartica's only coastal city. Over the years, Doran had repeatedly talked to his father about the importance of this city, as it was a frequent destination for merchant ships from the Azia continent.

 

"Let's say the conditions are ripe," said Albert

 

“And what are you going to do with the spies in Oswolt? They have successfully accomplished their missions, will you call them back?"

 

“I have already sent new spies to replace them and they will have to return to Vartica. I also plan to put Markus in charge of our new Espionage department.”

 

Doran nodded in agreement. His father had sent Marcus and some spies to the Oswolt kingdom 4 years ag ago with the task of provoking the nobles and king in Oswolt against the Kingdom of Leon. They did an excellent job in the last 4 years and made it easy for them to declare their independence. The 4 years these spies spent away from their country and loved ones was a big enough service.

 

“Okay, that's enough for today, let not keep your future wife waiting any longer. You can go out. You will meet with the architects tomorrow. I want the construction of the parliament building to start as soon as possible.”

 

After Doran greeted his father, he was about to start walking towards the door to leave the room when he heard his father's question.

 

"You're wearing the necklace, aren't you? I don't know what they'll try to do to you if they see a 16-year-old boy to cultivate peak Tier 3,” he asked.

 

“Actually, I became Tier 4 Mage last night, father”

 

"What?"

—----------------

 

After leaving his father in the study, bewildered, he got into the carriage and started to head towards the Delegate's inn. 

 

When the carriage arrived at the inn, Doran poked his head out of the window and saw Ashley waiting outside the door. She was not wearing the blue dress she was wearing at the party. She was wearing a plain white dress. But it was still beautiful enough to take Doran's breath away as the sun's rays shone through her blond hair.

 

8