Chapter 16
16 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arden awoke to the sound of birds in the morning. He tensed his muscles in bed, yawned, and got out of bed. He had a good sleep. The reason he slept well was because of the level and new class he won yesterday.

Mage Class increased to level 5.

[Basic elements manipulation ] skill gained.

[Innkeeper Class] has been obtained.

Even he didn't got the Inkeeper’s class still he couldn't contain his excitement. It had been 1.5 weeks since the inn opened. The training in the Adventurers guild was finished yesterday. No customers had come to the inn in the past week. Except, of course, [White Lions Team] and Ava loved the bathhouse so much that they decided to leave the inn they are staying in and Come to Arden's place. Outside of Bathhouse, Arden was cooking dishes they hadn't heard of before, and it made them look forward to every meal.

After getting out of bed, he went to the sink in the corner of the room to clean her face and teeth. He cleaned his face and teeth with a jug of water. After wiping his face with the towel, he put on his clothes and left the room.

His room opened directly to the lobby of the inn. He passed the lobby and came to the main door of the inn. He pushed and opened the door. As soon as the door opened, the cold wind of morning hit him in the face.

It went on regardless of the cold. Winter was coming to Petra, and Arden was feeling it more and more each day. Even though the first snow had not fallen on petra's place, it seemed that it was not far away.

He found what he was looking for. There was a box under the tree. He bent down and lifted the box off the ground. And he turned and hurried into the inn.

He took the box to the inn's kitchen. Last week he had a deal with one shop and every morning fresh groceries were delivered to his door in the morning.

‘Next time I have to tell them to drop it off in the lobby. he muttered.

Then he went to the hearth, threw some firewood, and ignited the wood using magic. 'I need to buy a furnace made with runes,' he thought.

Everything about magic in this world was very expensive. Normal people did not have access to things like rune furnaces. Arden's purse had also been considerably lightened by the construction of the inn and other things. The last 1.5 gold coins remained, and he did not want to spend it haphazardly.

As he continued to sweep the floors of the lobby humming a song, a door opening and closing sound was came from the upper floor . Arden looked up to see that Ava was awake.

“Good morning, Ava, did you sleep well?” he said politely.

“Good morning to you too, yes it was pretty good.”

Arden had wiped the last place as Ava descended the stairs. He dropped the wiper in the pantry and returned to the lobby.

"I'm thinking of making tea for myself, would you like it too?" said arden

"I'll take it, thanks."

When Arden got a positive answer, he went to the kitchen and started to prepare the tea. Not long after, he came back with 2 mugs of tea with a smoky top. He put the tea on the table where the ava was sitting and sat next to him.

"So How is going forming the team?" said.

“We made the application yesterday, it has to be approved today,” said Ava.

Matt, Zeke, Ava and Alistair had formed a team together. Their friendship grew stronger during training. And none of them had a team, as a result, the 4 rookies teamed up and formed a team.

“Congratulations, have you decided on the name?”

The name of the adventurer team was very important. Teams could receive special assignments from a number of notorious nobles or city councils. While a bad name wouldn't mess things up, it could make it harder for them to take up missions like this.

Ava's face crumpled when the topic of the team name was brought up.

"The idiots liked Matt's idea so much that they accepted it right away."

“What was the idea?” said Arden curiously.

“Mission impossible”

"Are you serious"

“Unfortunately, Matt presented it like it was a great idea. He said something like our team would make all impossible missions possible,” Ava said, raising her two hand to the side.

Arden spoke, struggling to keep from laughing.

“Well, you picked a pretty bold name.”

The two continued to talk, sipping their tea. Before long, the residents of the inn were awake too.

Matt was the first to wake up after Ava. Then Edward and the others joined the crowd in the lobby.

He stood up when he saw that everyone was awake.

“So what do you guys want to eat?”

“Eggs and sausages,” Matt said.

Others joined him.

Arden went to the kitchen and made some bread from the dough he prepared yesterday, then cooked the eggs and sausages.

When all the food was cooked, Arden called Matt for help and the food was served to the table. Although he didn't need a staff because he didn't have many customers, he didn't like to ask someone to help him carry the dishes every time. He sat down at the dinner table after writing in the corner of his head to get an Employee.

Olivia was sitting right next to him. Arden had learned a lot from olivia's lessons.

She seemed to have decided to pass on all the information she knew to Arden when she realized Arden's insistence on not going an academy. Seeing Arden's learning pace, she tried to persuade him again, but failed.

“Arden, I have a present for you,” she said, and she took a book out of her magic pouch.

Arden took the extended book and read what was written on the cover.

'Word spells and the art of runework - Archmage Rell Durhom "

After turning a few pages in the book, Arden realized what a precious gift it was.

“Ms, Olivia, I cannot accept this. This is a very precious gift,” Arden said.

Indeed it was. Everything about magic was completely outside the normal people's concept of money. While Arden was building the bathhouse, a fairly low-level mage had earned about 1.5 gold with runes made in 10 minutes. Besides, this book was written by an Archmage.

“Your persistence in not attending an academy left me no other choice. You're quite talented at this, I don't want it to go to waste,” said olivia with a smile.

Seeing Olivia's attitude, Arden decided to accept it.

“Thanks Ms. Olivia, But I can't take that simply,” Arden said.

"How about this. I want you to taste the first beer I make"

As Arden observed, one of Olivia's favorite things was drinking. That's why her eyes widened when she heard the word new beer.

“I look forward to it then.” she said.

2