Chapter 17
19 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arden's place inn was completely empty after breakfast. Ava and Matt had gone to petra to meet with Zeke and Alistair. They were planning to take their first mission when the team was registered. Edward and the others, on the other hand, had gone to the Mages guild to learn the news of their faraway friends. The mages guild had set up a system where you could send messages long distances by paying money.

Arden was on the second-floor terrace with a tea mug and was sitting in a chair watching the lake view. Even though the air lost its cold in the morning, he couldn't help but put on his new coat.

A flame appeared in his hand as he watched the lake. The flame began to circle around him. he was no longer losing control like when the first started manipulating it. He could also keep a flame of this size active for a long time.

Then he took out the book that Olivia had given him and began to read. But the flame continued to circle around.

—-----------

“Dude, I'm so tired”

"Don't tell, it was a rough day."

"Hey why don't we go to the bathhouse and relax."

"Again! , that Bathhouse, you couldn't finish telling and telling, let's go and see."

"Hey, are you going to Arden's inn?"

“Yeah, Do you want to join?”

“Haha, I haven't forgotten the taste of pizza I ate at the party, I want to go and eat it again.”

"Hey, didn't your cousin want to come to the bath, let's get him on the way."

“It has been great that our payday is today,” he said.

Workers who overheard the conversation or who were working in the construction of the inn also joined in while they were talking. A dozen people stood in line to receive their salaries from Mr.Alex.

“Mr. President, we're going to Bathhouse, would you like to join in?”

Alex had been dealing with their newly acquired business since the inn opened and had not been able to visit Arden.

“Oh, why not,” he said, and laughed.

After a few workers went to the house to surprise their wife and took them with them, a team of 30 people started to go towards the lonely building by the lake. As this crowd emerged from the western gate of the petra, the guards standing at the gate looked after them.

“Hey Tec, where is this crowd going?”

“Oh, you don't know since you've just been assigned to this door. A new inn was opened on the edge of the lake. They're probably going there. I heard from the workers that their food is very good”

“Huh, is it? Shall we give it a try when we're out on patrol?"

“If you're paying, why not? Burt.”

Burt eyed his greedy friend out of the corner of his eye. Thanks to him, he was assigned the task of guarding the west gate and was previously at the south gate. The south gate was one of the crowded gates of petra. He felt that he had to thank him for that.

"Okay okay, hungry dog, I'm treating"

—--------------

“Did you get the ones on Edward's list? We have to leave tomorrow morning." said Zeke.

They had gathered in front of the Adventurers' guild. Once their team application was approved, they were given the task of Gathering blue tulips used to make potions.

As Zeke's Father was a former adventurer and knew the area around Petra, he knew a few places. With the knowledge Zeke had, this task looked like it would be very easy.

Edward had made a list of everything they might need during their training. In this list, Tents, Flasks, Lighter Runes. There was a lamp and many other things.

When Ava heard the list, her head lowered to the ground. Seeing Ava's state of affairs, Matt couldn't help asking questions.

“Is there a problem Ava?”

Ava looked up when she heard Matt's question. she saw Matt, Zeke, and Alistair looking at her. She didn't want to speak, but Matt was able to force her words out of his mouth.

“I'm a little bit short on money so I can't complete the list!”

“Ava, I thought something happened to you, I can lend you money, you pay me back after the mission is over.”

Zeke and Alistair also supported Matt.

Ava was a little taken aback when she heard her teammates' offer. She got little emotional. No one other than her aunt had ever said such a thing to her before. She tried hard not to cry. Because she knew that if she cried, the three idiots in front of her would never make her forget it.

“Thank you guys,” he said with a smile.

When Matt decided that everything was fine, he shouted.

“Okay then lets go to shopping.”

“Shut up you idiot.”

“I guess we better be quick,” Matt whispered. The shouting sound was coming from within the guild. And matt didn't want to get in trouble with the guild workers.

When they got a little far from the guild, they started to go to the north of the city. As we walked to the north side of the city, the sound of hammering began to be heard.

“Hey Zeke do you know any good blacksmith I need a new sword. It's time to get rid of this," he said, holding his hand to the worn sword hanging from his belt.

“I can take it to our family blacksmith”

Zeke felt the need to explain when he saw the strange gazes they aiming towards him.

"Uncle Zecci and my parents met when they were adventurers. When they retired, they all settled in Petra. He's the best blacksmith I know, but he's also a little eccentric. ”

As the team was about to enter crafts street, something caught Matt's attention. In the corner of the building where the garbage piled up, a whiteness caught his eye. He approached to take a closer look. It was indeed a white puppy.

"I'm coming in 1 minute" he said to the team and walked towards where the dog was. And as he approached the puppy, he paused.

The dog noticed Matt and began to growl.

Most of Puppy's white hairs were covered in dirt and grime. 'must be a stray dog' he thought.Thinking it might be hungry, Matt took a loaf of bread from his magic pouch.

Ava and the others were trying to figure out what Matt was doing.

Not long after, he came to them with a white puppy in his hand. He spoke, pointing to the dog.

“I found a new friend for Arden,” he smiled.

 


If you want to read further chapters, you can check out my Patreon.

2