Chapter 18 Finding the new employee
17 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arden was sitting on the terrace reading the book Olivia had given him. But when he heard the voices outside, he went down to the lobby to understand what was going on. After going down to the lobby, he went towards the door of the inn. Just as he was about to open it, the door opened inwards.

Arden's mouth fell open at the sight of the crowd before him.

"Can't we come in?" said Mr Alex.

Realizing that Arden had blocked the entrance, he stepped aside and allowed the crowd into the lobby.

"What is happening?" ' said Arden, turning to Alex with a confused expression.

“They wanted to celebrate payday, I just tugged after them,” he said and laughed.

The crowd had filled the lobby. The empty inn seemed to come back to life. One of the workers turned to Arden and asked excitedly.

“Ever since I ate Mr. Arden’s Pizza, I couldn't forget the taste. Can you do it again?”

"Unfortunately no." said arden

"Why?"

“The dough needs to be fermented, if I make it now, the dough will be ready when it gets dark.”

Hearing this, one of the workers' wives came forward.

“I have the [Accelerated Fermentation] skill I can help with that.”

Hearing this, the crowd cried out with enthusiasm. As Arden saw that everyone was excited for the bath, he began to speak.

"Okay, I'll do the cooking while you enjoy the Bathhouse"

After Arden's words, the crowd flocked to the corridor where the bath was located. Those who had come to the bath before were guiding those who did not.

“What was your name I wonder, Mrs.?”

“Doratha, But you can call me Dora, Mr.Arden”

Arden and Dora had gone into the kitchen and started to prepare the dough. Mrs. Dora was a lady in her mid-40s. She had a little extra weight that came with age, but these pounds gave her more beautiful air. Arden quickly prepared the dough, not wanting to interrupt Mrs. Dora's little vacation.

“Mrs. Dora, may I know from which class you gained this skill?” he asked gently. Some people viewed such questions as rude.

“[cook] class.I have always been responsible for the meals at home, in such a situation it is impossible not to gain the [cook] class. When our children grow up, I only do it for my husband Karl and me. But it still has a few good aspects.”

Hearing Dora's words, Arden began to think. He definitely needed a kitchen worker right now.

“Have you ever thought of working with Mrs. Dora?”

“Actually, when the kids left home, I thought about it, but I don't know of anything other than cooking and cleaning. “

"I'm looking for someone just like that"

Dora's eyes widened when she heard Arden's words. Ever since her children left home and started their own lives, she was pretty bored at home. If she took a job like this, she would both get more money into the house and have a job to do.

“You don't need to decide right away, talk to your husband first if you're considering accepting the job. We'll talk details."

Dora offered to help, but Arden refused and sent Dora to Bathhouse.

Even though Dora used the skill, the dough had to wait for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, Arden prepared the other ingredients and lit the oven.

Time flew by while Arden was making the pizzas. And the washed and relieved crowd began to come into the lobby.

Workers were sitting at the tables waiting for the food. Arden was serving fast-cooking pizzas and beers to the tables. He was quite tired when he served food and drinks to all the tables.

Just then, the door of the inn opened. Matt, Ava, Zeke and Alistair entered the lobby of the Inn.

Arden waved to them.

“Dude, you threw a party again?” said Matt, nodding at the inn lobby.

"They're back to get my meals and a taste of Bathhouse," he explained, pointing to the empty table for them to sit down.

Arden was surprised to see the puppy in Matt's hand.

"What is that, mate?"

“We found it on the street, I brought it to you so you wouldn't be lonely when we went on a mission.”

Arden took the dog from Mattin's hand. She had always wanted to take care of a dog. But living conditions did not allow it.

"Does it have a name?"

"No, but I can give  a name if you want. I’m pretty good at it"

When Arden heard the offer, Ava's and his eyes met.

"No need, man, I already had something on my mind," he said hastily.

Arden looked for something to change the subject. Later, when he saw Zeke and Alistair, he realized that something was wrong. Then he saw the new sheathed sword hanging from Matt's waist.

“What are you doing here, Alistair, Zeke?”

"Our team has been approved, we've taken the task and we're leaving tomorrow?" said Alistair.

"Really? Congratulations. Yuo now what! You deserve the pizza.”

“Oh, you got pizza? Loved the taste last time, man,” said zeke.

Arden got up from the table and went to the kitchen and took 2 of the pizzas he had reserved for the rest of the inn. He came to the table and as he placed the pizzas on the table, the door of the inn opened again.

This time it was olivia and her team. Examining the crowd of the inn's lobby, they came to Arden.

"Oh, I hope there's pizza for dinner," said Edward.

“There's that new beer, too.”

Olivia had not forgotten Arden's promise.

“Oh, is the beer ready?” said Matt

“Okay, there's enough for everyone, you guys sit down first, I'll get the pizzas, and then let's open the new beer and try it,” said Arden.

Olivia and her team sat at the table and waited for Arden's food and beer.

Arden served the pizza first. Then he carried the beer keg he had prepared from the inn's warehouse into the lobby.

Alex wasn't far from the conversations, so he only heard the words "new" and "Beer", albeit a little. He got up from the table where he was sitting with the workers and walked over to Arden and the barrel.

Arden quickly put a tap on the keg and set it on the bar counter. He picked up one of the glasses in the back and began pouring the first beer from the keg. When the glass was full, he handed it to Olivia.

"As I promised." said

Everyone except the workers was now waiting for olivia's reaction.

Olivia took a big sip and wiped her mouth with her hand, focusing on the taste in her mouth.

“Well, how is it? ” Arden said after olivia was silent for a long time.

“This is… this is fantastic.” said Olivia.

She continued to speak after she drank again.

“Arden, if you start selling this beer, I promise you I will never drink it again at any other inn in Petra.”

The crowd heard Olivia's words. They began to seriously wonder about the taste of beer. It was a known secret that Olivia was an alcoholic.

Everyone moved towards the Beer keg. They wanted to try this beer themselves.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
2