Chapter 19 – New employee and [Mission impossible]’s first mission
17 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arden awoke with a headache. They had finished the keg of beer he made last night. After getting up from his bed, he took a big sip of the water from the bowl on the counter next to the bed.

 

Yesterday's crowd had earned Arden a little over 3 silvers. Also, Arden had the opportunity to talk to Dora and her husband before they left the inn. Dora was supposed to come to the inn this morning to discuss the details about work conditions.

 

Taking the towel with him, he went towards the bathhouse of the inn. He needed to lie down in some warm water. When he walked out the door and into the lobby, he saw that Matt and his team already awake. Towels hung over their shoulders.

 

“Hangover?” said Matt.

 

“Yeah, I was hoping maybe the hot water would help”

 

“Lets go then,” said alistair.

 

When Ava moved to the women's section, they entered the bathhouse as men team. After a short shower, they began to sit in the pool of hot water.

 

"When are you going?" said Arden.

 

“We leave after breakfast, it will take 3-4 days”

 

“How much is the prize?”

 

“2 Golds,” Matt said.

 

“It was a lot,” Arden said. A banquet for 30 had brought him 3-4 silvers, and a figure like two gold was quite a lot.

 

“Blue tulips are pretty hard to find, but Zeke's dad knows a few places so it shouldn't be too hard,” said Matt, seeing Arden's surprised expression.

“I hope you finish it successfully,” Arden said. He was worried about Matt. They had lived through almost everything in this world together. But he wanted to follow a completely different path from himself. Although he respected his friend's decisions, he still worried about him.

 

After lingering in the hot water for a while and recovering, they dressed and left the bathhouse.

 

Arden was going to go make breakfast for everyone when the door to the inn opened and Dora walked in.

 

“You're too early, Mrs. Dora, frankly, I was expecting you a little later.”

 

“I came here when Bert left home for work.” said Dora.

 

“Okay, sit down and let's talk.” Arden gestured to an empty table and said.

 

Arden and Dora sat at the table and started talking. When Matt and the others saw that Arden was busy, they went to their rooms and started making preparations.

 

“Mrs.Dora, I'm looking for someone to cook the inn's meals, but when it's very crowded, you may need to do it at the service. But don't worry, I'm planning to hire someone in that job. Your main job will be food. Working hours, on the other hand, will end a few hours after dark if we can agree with the gate guards of petra, if we cannot agree, it will be until dark.

I think 1 silver per week as wage. And you can take one day off a week.”

 

Arden began to wait for Mrs. Dora's reply when he told her about her expectations and working conditions.

 

Dora seemed a little taken aback when she heard the amount of the salary. But this was perfectly normal. Because her husband was earning only so much, besides, her husband had quite a level in the [Builder] class and a salary like 1silver was normal. But for One [Cook] it was above market figure.

 

“When do I start?” Dora said after thinking for a while, smiling.

 

"Right away if it's okay" she said

 

Afterwards, Arden showed Dora the kitchen supplies and where the utensils were.

 

“We are not crowded at the moment, so your job is not very difficult,” he told the situation.

 

Arden came to the lobby after leaving Dora alone to explore the Kitchen. By this time, all the inhabitants of the inn had woken up. Edward was sitting at a table rubbing his eyes. Next to him were Sasha and Olivia.

 

Matt and the others were also coming down the stairs. Next to him was a dirty puppy. He had completely forgotten about the dog because of yesterday's party.

 

“I think this dog needs a bath,” Arden said.

 

“It's up to you,” Matt said, handing the dog to Arden.

 

Arden asked when everyone was seated at the tables.

 

"What do you want to eat?."

 

“I'll take the usual one,” said Sasha.

 

The people in the inn always ate the same breakfast. A piece of bread sausage and egg. After staying at the same inn for 1.5 weeks, Arthur more or less understood this situation.

 

The kitchen and lobby were not entirely separated by a wall.

 

Arden went to the part of the lobby connected to the Kitchen, told Dora what to do, and came back.

 

“Oh you hired a new [cook]?” said Edward.

 

“Yes, it was becoming a problem for me to run every job.” said Arden.

 

When Dora cooked the food, she put it on the counter that opened to the lobby, and Arden served the food. And the people in the inn started their breakfast.

 

“I forgot to ask Mrs. Dora, but if you haven't eaten, why don't you join”

 

By this time, Dora had already arrived in the lobby with a tray of hot tea. She spoke as she handed out the teas.

 

“No, I did it early with my husband,” she said with a smile.

 

Arden quite liked the attitude of his new employee, and she had already prepared the teas without saying a word. Also, the food she cooked was quite delicious.

 

After breakfasts were served, Matt and his Team were ready to go on a mission. Before sett they start to check everything again, they went out to the front of the inn. Edward, Olivia and Sasha gave some advice. In the end, all the members of the Team were considered as students in a way.

 

"See you in 4-5 days," said Matt.

 

"Come back safe and sound," Arden said.

 

And so {Mission imposible} embarked on its first missions.

 

Arden watched his friends slowly walk away, then sighed and stepped inside. He had his own little duties, too. For example, cleaning the floors of the inn, washing the dirty dog, giving its a name.

 


I AM BACK! and I have an announcement to make about the release of new chapters. I plan to publish 3 chapters a week. I plan to publish a new episode every 2 days, starting on Monday and ending on friday. What do you guys think?

 
2