Chapter 22 – Finding something
14 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Due to the wolf attack, they had to leave earlier than they had planned. But no one seemed to be complaining about it. Because everyone who fought had gained a level.

 

“By the way,What level are you at now?” asked Matt. As their journey continues in the dense forest.

 

“13,” said Zeke.

 

“10” said Ava

 

“11,” said Alistair.

 

"And you?"

 

“I have leveled up 2 times, so level 9.”

 

"Dude you're about to beat me, how can you level up so fast!" said Alistair

 

"Maybe it's because I'm better at the Sword than you."

 

“Fuck off,” Alistair said and smiled. The team members were watching this conversation with smiles on their faces.

 

“Have you acquired a new skill?” ' Zeke asked.

 

“Yeah, two,” said Matt.

 

"Dude shut up or I'll challenge you to a duel." said Alistair.

 

"I guess one of us didn't get any." said Matt, looking at Alistair.

 

“I got one too,” said Ava. Seeing that the bickering between Matt and Alistair is over.

 

“Yeah same, so let's take a break at noon and talk about how we can fight new abilities. Maybe we can change it in our style”

 

"Wait, wait, wait.. So it's only me not getting any skill, fuck my luck"

 

Alistair looked like he had been hit.

 

“Maybe you'll get lucky next time, man,” Matt said, placing a hand on Alistair's shoulder.

 

The team continued to advance through the dense forest. The journey, which lasted until noon, had taken them out of the forest and they came to an area of ​​yellowed grass and sparse stones.

"Let's rest here." said Zeke

 

Because the people on the team trusted Zeke's decisions, they saw him as a kind of team captain. Therefore, in such cases, the decisions were left to Zeke.

 

Matt and Alistair' began gathering wood for a fire. Zeke was watching around to see if there was any danger in the environment.

 

When the woods were arranged in the place reserved for the campfire, Ava lit the fire with magic. Since Ava was the only person on the team who knew how to cook, she started preparing a casserole with a small cauldron.

 

Matt and Alistair were sitting by the Fire and sharpening their swords. The sword needed maintenance after every battle. This process was like a meditation for Matt. Sharpening the sword, his eye fell on a plant by the large boulder ahead. This plant seemed familiar to him from somewhere.

 

He stood up and started walking towards the rock. He noticed the details as he approached the Plant. The plant was 20 cm tall and had a purple flower. He had definitely seen this plant somewhere.

 

Then he remembered the booklet Ms. Sasha had prepared for them. He took the booklet from his magic pouch and began to examine it. Noticing that he was acting strangely, Zeke called out to Matt.

 

“What happened Matt? What are you looking for?"

 

Matt turned around.

 

“Dude, I think I found a magic plant.”

 

This sentence was enough to get the attention of the whole team. The magic herbs were much rarer than the blue tulip in the quest they received. The very rare ones were worth hundreds of gold.

 

The team quickly rushed over to Matt.

 

Matt spoke, pointing at the plant with his hand.

 

“Does anyone know what it is?”

 

Ava was the one who read the most among them, and she recognized the plant as soon as she saw it.

 

“This is a 'purple heart we can sell for 3 gold',” Ava said excitedly.

 

“Can we collect now or is there a special method?” ' Zeke asked.

 

Some plants could only be collected by special methods.

 

"I am not sure. Matt, what did Ms. Sasha say in the booklet?" asked Ava, seeing the booklet in Matt's hand.

 

When Matt heard the question, he started looking for the name of the plant and soon found it.

 

“I found it, we need to uproot the plant with its roots.”

 

Alistair took a shovel from his Magic Pouch and began digging around the plant. After 5 minutes, the plant emerged from the soil with its roots. Alistair put the herb he had dug out of the ground and cleaned of the soil from his roots, into his magic pouch.

 

After their little treasure hunting was over, they returned to the campfire. The food was soon cooked. The team quickly ate their food.

 

After the meals were over, they began to discuss how to apply their newly acquired abilities during the battle.

 

Matt's new ability [Adrenaline surge] was an ability that significantly increased his reaction speed during battle. Zeke, on the other hand, had acquired a skill called [Multishot] that allowed him to shoot fast arrows. Ava's skill was perhaps the most important skill. [Ice prison] It was a skill that reduced the movement speed of enemies.

 

When they tried the skills, Ava had used it on Matt. Matt would rather fight 4 wolves than be under this spell. It felt like it was moving in slow motion.

 

After examining everyone's skills, Zeke started to speak.

 

“I think Matt's skill is more suitable to use as an attack, so Alistair should take over the defense from now on. Let Matt deliver the finishing blow when he finds a suitable opening. Ava, if the enemy isn't too strong than us, don't use the [ice prison] ability right away. An injured enemy can be defeated much more easily with this ability.”

 

After Zeke announced his new war plan, he looked at the team. Everyone nodded in agreement with this new direction.

"If we have agreed on this matter, let's set off, we will arrive at the 'lonely valley' at sunset. After that, it remains to find the blue tulips.

“Okay, let's go,” said Alistair.

 

After the team put out the fire, they started walking through the plains and hills area. Last night's wolf attack reminded the team once again how dangerous the wilderness was, so everyone was scanning around for possible enemies as they walked.


If you like my story don't forget to follow and rate.  Also, you can access new chapters on Patreon. Have a good day and see you soon.

2