Chapter 29- Reunion
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arden wiped the sweat from his forehead with his hand. Even though it was cold, sweat was piling up on his forehead because he was working with high concentration.

 

“Phew, I think that's enough for today,” he muttered.

 

The distance between Petra and the inn was about two kilometers. And Arden had made a brick road 400 hundred meters from that road. The brick road he made was about 3.5 meters withs. 2 carriages could move side by side easily.

 

He had spoken to Zeke before starting the construction of the road. 

 

When Zeke talked about it with his father, they got a positive response. City consuel even offered Arden money for this job, as this road would be useful for them. 

 

Arden happily accepted the offer. He was already doing this job both for improving his skills and for his own inn. Not a single customer from Petra had stopped by the inn since the snowfall. Maybe this road could revive this state of the inn.

 

Arden decided that he was done for the day and started walking towards the inn. He was going to drink the whiskey he made today for the first time, and he had a bit of excitement on him.

 

When he reached the inn and opened the door, he saw that everyone was in the lobby. Matt and Team were playing little games with Snow. Olivia Edward and Sasha were sitting in the inn chatting. Robert and Emily had started working at the inn. And these 2 siblings were serving the tables. One of the reasons Arden was able to start this road project was that the inn could function without him now.

 

Shaking off the snow on his feet and on his body, he entered the inn. 

 

As soon as Olivia saw Arden, she jumped up and came over to him.

 

"Arden, now that you're done, we can try that whiskey, right?" Olivia said excitedly. Olivia had bothered Arden every day since she heard the name of whiskey.

 

“Okay, okay, but first let me wash and eat, and then we can all taste it together. The first glasses are on me.” he finished his sentence, speaking loudly.

 

When those in the inn heard this statement, they began to applaud Arden. 

 

Leaving the excited crowd behind, Arden went to his room at the corner of the lobby, took off his coat, took a towel with him, and went towards the bathhouse. Building bricks was exhausting, so it would be nice to lie down in the hot water for a while.

 

After washing, he entered the hot water and stretched his feet. He was proud of himself for having the bath built at such times.

 

He finished this relaxation session a little fast so as not to keep the crowd in the lobby waiting any longer. He came out of the water, dried himself, and put on his clothes. When he got to the lobby, he saw that Dora had already made him a burger. She seemed to be curious about this whiskey too.

 

Arden sat down at the table and began to eat. Seeing Olivia's impatient gaze at every bite he took, he ate quickly and stood up. And he went to the warehouse where the whiskey barrel was and brought the barrel into the lobby.

 

The crowd sitting at the table stood up and came to the bar counter.

 

“Finally, you praised it so much I was going to die of curiosity,” Olivia said.

 

“Olivia, you taste it first, I think you are the most curious about this new drink here.”

 

He pulled out a glass for everyone and poured the dark brownish liquor into them. 

 

He poured a few sips for Emily and Robert to taste too. Even though they were young, the events that happened to them were not easy at all. At least he didn't want them to be left out of such an event.

 

“Here, try it,” he said and handed Olivia a glass.

 

"Isn't that too little? Are you being stingy?" said Olivia

 

“This is a drink that you should drink in small sips and savor.” ' Arden explained.

Olivia brought the glass to her lips and took the first sip. Everyone in the inn approached to see Olivia's reaction.

 

After Olivia took the first sip, she closed her eyes and focused on the taste of the whiskey. After a few seconds, his eyes opened.

 

Olivia turned to her teammates behind her. His face was serious and he began to speak.

 

"Guys, I think we'll have to settle down in petra."

 

“Why?” said Edward. In order not to spoil this small role of Olivia.

 

“Because I can no longer live without whiskey. Arden, you are a genius. This... This's incredible. How did you do this."

 

Olivia's reaction made the people even more curious. It was Olivia who first tasted the beer Arden made, but she did not give such a reaction.

 

Everyone dashed the glasses on the bar counter and started trying.

 

"You've outdone yourself with this, man," said Matt.

 

As people in the inn were discussing this new drink, the door of the inn opened. Arden was shocked when he turned his head towards the door to see who had come.

 

Because this was a real minotaur, about 2 meters tall.

 

When Olivia, Edward, and Sasha saw the minotaur at the door, they forgot their whiskey and hurried toward the door.

 

“Aksha, you're finally here,” Edward said.

 

When Arden examined this minotaur a little more closely, he realized how similar it was to the snowman Sasha's team had built.

 

After the white lions team hugged their teammates they hadn't seen for a long time, they started talking.

 

But Aksha, who was sniffing the air with his big nostrils, was intrigued by something else. 

 

Because the reason Olivia was a bit of an alcoholic was that she liked hanging out with Aksha. How could a real alcohol lover miss new alcohol?

 

“What have you got, Olivia?”

 

Seeing the curiosity on Aksha's face, Olivia excitedly pointed to Arden.

 

“You should definitely try our innkeeper's new recipe. This's great,” said olivia.

 

“Welcome to my inn. I am Arden.” ' Arden introduced himself.

“Nice to meet you, I'm Aksha, can I have one of your new drinks too.”

 

Arden nodded and poured a glass and walked over to Aksha.

 

"I suppose you're wondering what I've been through in the past 2 months." said Aksha, turning to his team.

 

“We can't say no to a good story,” Edward said with a laugh.

1