Chapter 30
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was still snowing from the night before. This snowfall combined with the wind made it very difficult to walk outside. Arden had gone out to get wood from the warehouse to throw in the fireplace, seeing the weather, he quickly grabbed the wood and returned to the lobby of the inn. He placed the wood by the fireplace in the lobby, pulled up a chair, and warmed himself in the fireplace.

“I think the road construction will be interrupted today,” he muttered, stretching his hands towards the fire.

Since it was early in the morning, none of the people staying at the inn had woken up.

A sound came from the stairs and Arden turned around to see who is there?.

It was Robert.

“Good morning, Boss,” said Robert.

“Good morning, why did you wake up so early, no one is awake yet?” said Arden.

“The room was a little cold. When I woke up, I didn't want to go back to sleep,” said Robert.

“I guess I should have done something about that situation while the inn was being built.” said Arden. Since there was no central heating system in the rooms of the inn, it was possible to stay warm only with thick quilts. In fact, this problem could have been easily solved if he had arranged the pipes he used for the bath to pass through the rooms of the inn.

'I'd better talk to Mr. Alex, maybe we can do something,' he made a mental note.

When he decided that he was warm enough, he got up and went to the kitchen. Meanwhile, Robert was starting to clean the floors. Arden came in with two hot teas and called out to Robert.

"Come sit down, maybe a hot tea will warm us up"

Robert set aside the mop and walked over to Arden. Arden studied Robert. He was in much better shape than when he first came to the inn. The minor wounds on his face had also healed.

“Roberth, if you want to talk about what you've been through, you know I'm here.”

Robert looked up from the tea in his hand.

“Thank you Mr. Arden. Actually, I wanted to talk to you about something.”

“Oh what is it?” said Arden

“Emily and I…we couldn't arrange a funeral for our family? If it is appropriate for you, can we organize a funeral, even if it is symbolic? Emily… even though she looks good on the outside, I know she's upset that she couldn't say goodbye to our parents properly"

Robert paused occasionally as he spoke. Arden realized that it was still too early to talk about these issues. Though he still had a knot in his throat when he thought of his own lost father. The death of parents left a life-long scar that would never heal. After all, Emily and Robert experienced it more extreme.

“Of course, what are we supposed to do?” said Arden.

Roberth explained the requirements for the funeral to Arden. Arden nodded, listening to what Robert had to say.

—------------

The snowfall and wind had stopped by noon. Every surface around was turned white again. Towards evening, the weather had warmed up a little.

At sunset, Emily and Robert were walking side by side with the pot in their hand, on the freshly fallen snow, towards the lake. Behind these two siblings was everyone staying at the inn. When Arden told the others about the funeral, they had agreed to attend the funeral.

When Robert and Emily got to the lake's shore, they stopped and turned around. The snow that covered the surroundings had silenced the whole world.

Roberth took a step forward and spoke softly. Over time, what he said became clearer.

“Mother and Father, my sister and I are fine, don't worry. Our sudden separation from you has made me very sad. But there are good people around us. We even got a job with Emily. So don't worry and sleep peacefully."

Tears filled his eyes as he finished his words. he handed Emily the pot.

Emily was already sobbing.

When she took the pot from his brother, she didn't know what to say first. But she knew she had to say a few words too.

“Mom, dad, I missed you so much. I do not know what to do. But Robert and I stand and move on. Sleep well, because we will be children you can be proud of. “

When Emily finished her words, she was sobbing. With Roberth's help, they turned towards the Lake and began to sprinkle the ashes from their pots into the lake. When the entire pot was empty, they dropped the pot on the ground and turned around.

That was the funeral. Arden's eyes filled with tears during the funeral. He went to siblings side and hugged them.Even though he didn't know what to do in such situations, he thought that he had to do something. Matt and the others followed Arden and hugged the siblings.

Dora, who joined them when the snow stopped, was patting the heads of the siblings with motherly affection.

“Let's not wait in the cold any longer or we'll get sick,” Arden said.

After these words, the crowd followed the tracks they left in the snow and started walking towards the inn.

As they opened the door of the inn and entered, the warm inn lobby air hit their faces. Dora went into the kitchen to prepare a hot drink. She soon returned with a large tray of tea in his hand.

Meanwhile, Emily and Robert had also recovered somewhat, and their crying had stopped. Saying goodbye to their lost parents for the last time helped them get rid of some of the sadness they carried inside.

After the funeral, the White Lions team seemed to be discussing something in the lobby of the inn. After a few minutes of talking, they seemed to have come to a decision. They came over to Emily and Robert, with Olvia and Edward ahead. Edward began to speak.

"We've decided on our next mission, We're going to make sure these Bandits can't hurt anyone else," he said.

The city council had already announced a mission for these bandits. And the White lions, in search of a new mission, had decided to take it.

Robert looked at the team of White lions standing in front of him.

“Thanks. I don't know how to thank you."

“No thanks needed, The City pays well, we just want you to know that these bandits will soon face their end.” said Edward.

1