9. The Freedom City: Baku POV (2)
173 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For the time being, I turned my attention on the other subject. I floated over on the unconscious child, and I scanned her body from head to toe. For what reason I was doing this on her? I wanted to uncover her identity because I had a hunch that my human master would seek for my assistance later. 

'This will take time for a while. Too many unimportant details are popping out from the dark web.'

Humanity was really blessed with unique abilities. Innovation kept improving their daily lives because of internet. However, there were a bunch of dirty people who were perverted it to their own desires. 

Intelligence assessment employed intelligence analysis to refine information. Foreign embassies subscribed to the newspapers and kept tabs on the news channels of their host countries — the information didn't have to be classified to be considered useful intelligence; indeed, so-called OSINT, or open-source intelligence, was increasing in both quantity and utility with the ascendancy of digital media. Researchers may also be employed to dig through archives and check facts. An important form of intelligence was so-called "signals intelligence", which attempts to intercept electronic communications and other signals sent between parties working for a hostile, or potentially hostile, entity, or between neutral or even friendly parties but 'discussing' that entity.

Fortunately, I was an Artificial intelligence (AI), so this was a piece of a cake. The Golden Circle added in my setting to simulate a computer-enhanced learning, reasoning, and perception. 

'Well, it doesn't matter anymore. Humanity had completely adapted this type of lifestyle. Internet makes it easy for people to learn and experience the world globally.'

I took a snapshot on the child's face. Crop it. I posted it on the world government listed certified citizens of the world. Then, I waited for the process attentively. 

<<Scanning sequence: 1%>>

<< Scanning sequence: 15%>>

This would take a while. Freedom City had a high restrict access on their internal CPU. I penetrated their defensive wall, but I lose a lot of magical nanos to infiltrate their agency. The United Nations Intelligence Hunters Agency or known as 'UNIHA' was the domestic intelligence and security service of the United Realm of Pacific (URP) and its principal provincial law enforcement agency. An agency of the URP Department of Justice, the UNIHA was also a member of the 'United Nations Intelligence Community' and reported to both the Attorney General and the Director of National Intelligence. A leading world government owned agency specialized in counterterrorism, counterintelligence, and criminal investigative organization, the UNIHA had jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of international crimes.

<<Scanning sequence: 76%>>

<<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>>

The data would almost reveal her identity, but I received an alert from my sensors. 

"Human, an hostile enemies were approaching. It's a horde of unregistered people numbering of exactly a hundred twenty-one," I reported on my master who was startled on my warning. He stood up on his feet slowly. He pondered, smacking his lips. "I wonder why. Why are they aiming at us? We've just arrived in this place. This is nuts. Really nuts. Damn, I have a lot of things to resolve, but another disaster is coming this way? Ridiculous. My OFW life is in impending end. I cannot let them stop my career path. This child is making me lost my mind, this lady is making me lost my kind, and now this? Good grief. I guess, I have no other option. Baku, take care of it," commanded my master sent on me in low tone.

"Savior, who are you talking to?" his woman was confused. "It's nothing. Forget about it," my master offered her a hand. His woman blushed a bit, and she accepted his hand. Then, my master lifted her up, and he walked towards the sleeping little girl. 

"Baku, do your thing. Squeeze them up," master instructed. "Savior, you're talking with something again. I can confirm it," his woman stomped her feet on the ground with a pouted face.

<<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>>

'She's nuisance,' I was about to use a spell to shut her up, but my master noticed what I was about to do. I postponed my attack when he looked dagger at me.

"Don't touch that girl. She's just too young to control her emotion. Commonly, it can be traced back on her childhood," muttered my master had in low voice that only the two of us could hear. "I understand, but she's pestering you too far," I responded, sincerely.

I opened my radar, and the enemies were almost coming closer. Fifty meters away on my master's exact location.

"Any idea, why they are coming for us?" my master seek for an answer with a confused look. "No idea, but I'm pretty sure they really looked like, uh, eh, wanted to kill you. I sent a small nano on their leader, and she seemed frustrated when she found you together with your woman," I shrugged.

"Woman? Who is my woman here? Good grief, what's wrong with these people nowadays. I'm just an ordinary OFW," my master covered his face in dismay. "Do something about it, Baku. Please, I'm done with this."

'Yes, master. I'll do something about it.'

"Master, the hordes were within the range of my magic. The nanobytes were already deployed on its positions. Should I proceed to wipe them all," I seek for his approval, but he raised a hand to halt it temporarily. "Will the civilians get involved and received a fatal injuries when you released it?" queried master with a sharp tone. "Yes, but they might receive an injury, and the unfortunate ones might possibly die on the explosions," I reported promptly.

My master frowned when he heard my analysis. Biting his lips in frustration.

"Should we proceed? Its now and never, master," I pushed on him. "No, let me handle it," my master extended his hand and closed his eyes. 

"S-savior, we're surrounded. What's happening?" his woman finally noticed the horde. "Calm down, I'll do something about it," my master concentrated his mind. 

His woman wrapped her arms across his armrests, and she was about to activate her magic. 

I watched my master did something incredible. 

As he opened his eyes, the horde disappeared into thin air. Leaving no trace of their existence.

<<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>><<Warning>>

"!?"  

"!?"

<<CLEARED>>

The warning alert had changed to clear sign. My sensors returned to normal. 

Both of us were surprised when he finished them off. All of the civilians were completely confused when the people surrounding us disappeared. 

"M-m-master, what have you done?" questioned I had. "You wipe them out, human!"

"S-s-s-savior, w-w-what happened? Those weird people disappeared suddenly," his woman seek for an answer. 

Master, who was completely undisturbed, wandered his eyes on his surroundings. Then, he looked at us one by one. 

"I have no idea what happened, but well done," he praised us.

3