10. The Freedom City: Lixue POV
91 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yes, I'm on my way now," I hanged up my phone and put it in my bag. 

I finally arrived on the Freedom City. There was a brief mission I had to do, so I immediately called for a taxi. Since I was in undercover mission, I made sure to make my outfit simple and ordinary. 

I didn't want to get the attention of perverts who were lurking around the city like a horny dogs. 

[Welcome to Freedom City]

I read the screen panel and I sighed.

"This city is nasty. Pretty nasty indeed. My father is really dumb to send me here," I pouted my cheeks and carried my luggage out of the airport.

As I exited the place, I sensed a familiarity from someone. A man who looked like a Latino because of his body shap, but his eyes had a similar physical resemblance of an Asian descendant.

I inclined my head with a twitched eyebrows. 

"He looks familiar. But what is this? Why my heart is pounding whenever I see his face?" I pressed a hand on my chest. 

I was a bit curious on this strange sensation. Whenever I saw him looking at the other girls' butt, I wanted to spank his head. I wanted to kill the woman for no apparent reason. 

Fortunately, his eyes were blocked by the hands of the pink-haired girl.

'When you look at her, she resembles one of the girls in the target list,' I pondered, smacking a finger on my lips. 

My taxi had arrived and the driver exited his vehicle to assist me. 

"Oh, milady, let me help you there," offered the driver, smiling. 

I was too focused on the man that I snatched away my luggage away from his hands. 

"Umm, miss?" the driver was confused and impatience. 

I gave him 50 bucks. 

"Wait, uh, eh, what? Hhello- oog" His ugly face was blocking my sight. His face turned into creep when I glared him directly. Thus, I moved him aside and focused my attention on the familiar man. 

"Umm, milady, the luggage... I don't think it," He shut his mouth, turning it into a duck peak.

His face turned blue when I looked dagger at him. Like he was seeing a humanoid android who was ready to kill him if he continued to speak another word. 

"Shut up, and don't speak. I cannot hear what he is saying in this distance. If you want to live, shut your mouth. I need to listen to his voice from here," I slapped the money when he tried to open his mouth, and he resigned because of my harsh treatment. 

Suddenly, someone grabbed the collar of the driver. An airport security guard went into trouble to make a move. 

'Annoying,' I clicked my tongue. 

"Milady, what happened here?" the security guard, who was trying hard to become a hero, offered a service. He pulled out his baton and pointed it on the driver. 

I extended a hand to stop him. 

"You don't need to know. Move aside. You are blocking my sight. Move~," I spoke blankly. 

The two men looked disappointed, lips downturned. 

They looked very sad. 

'Step aside, you are not my type.'

I had a principle to stick on the mission. Consistency was very important. Distraction like love was a hindrance. 

"But why am I looking at that man?" I muttered aside, clutching my hand on my chest. "Why is that girl touching him?"

My eyes turned black, and I raised a hand on the girl. But suddenly, the man looked dagger on my position. 

"Eh?" I startled upon seeing him directly. 

My face turned red for no apparent reason. 

"Eeh? What is wrong with me? What is wrong with you, Lixue? Eh~ Eh~!" I fanned myself to calm myself. 

I shook my head horizontally. I suppressed the urge to kick the surface and jumped on his chest. 

'Oh, my. What is going on?' I gritted my teeth and covered my mouth. I looked at the window, and I found a girl who was smiling brightly. 

It reflected an emotionless girl with a genuine smile on her face. 

'Ara~ is that me? Why am I smiling? Why? Why? Why~!? I don't understand~!' I kept fanning myself to calm down. 

Fortunately, the man and his woman disappeared. 

They disappeared. 

They really disappeared. 

He disappeared. 

I wanted to disappear.

'Noooooo~!' I grabbed my luggage and carried it. 

"You cannot escape from me. I have no idea what's going on. I have a mission to fulfill. But you must be a powerful sorcerer. I have to know you," commented I had, blankly.

Despite I looked like an emotionless machine, I was shockingly speaking some words that I had never been saying before. 

I started to look for him in the corner, but my body trembled in fear when I sensed a powerful red aura on the waiting area. 

A scarlet pigtail hair lady was waiting on the bench. She was sitting comfortably, resolved to wait promptly. 

Her scarlet hair was shining like a flaming fire, dancing on the sunlight. Her beauty was outstanding and out of ordinary. 

Her aura was producing a hot but warm temper, resolved to assert herself. No man was trying to approach her out of respects.

"That's... Hemera. Hemera the Scarlet Phoenix. The legendary hero of the United Realm," I looked at her with a scowl on my face. I pulled out my phone and took a picture. 

This lady was a fire Magus. A powerful woman who defeated the greatest assassin of the Golden Circle fifteen years ago. 

I still remembered how the mighty group of 'Trenzon the Ice Emperor' and his family had met their end in the Manila City, Philippines. 

'I don't understand how this girl, who was 12 at that time, had survived. Trenzon had the highest record of killing powerful Magus worldwide.'

I heard from my father that a powerful hunter assisted her. Helped her to escape from the Philippines. 

'Because of that, the Golden Circle had had to halt their expansion in that nation. They didn't want to end up like Trenzon.'

Since I had no business with her, I left her alone. I didn't want to disturb a powerful phoenix.

I had a mission to finish first. I need to find him. I meant, I need to find my safehouse, but because of that man, I had to find him.

'It is not like I find him attractive or something. No, Lixue, calm yourself. You need to calm down first,' I inhaled a lot of oxygen and exhaled it. 

I gritted my teeth, clenching my fist tightly.

'Curse you, old man. I hate you,' I stomped my feet on the ground. 

Because of the sound that I made, the civilian nearby was astonished. 

"I need to find you," I resolved myself. 

It took me five minutes to find him.

At last, I found him. He was treated harshly by his partner.

'Why is she treating him like a slave? If I was in her position, I will treat differently. What I meant is, I will treat him indifferently,' I corrected myself.

I was curious about what they were talking right now. 

As I approached them in a distance, the man grabbed her hand. He dragged her in the corner. Then, his hand hit the wall. 

'Is... Is that... Is that Kabedon?' I was bewildered. 

My heart was pounding roughly. Why was I feeling discomfort when he did that? Why was I feeling salty right now?

'I... I don't... I don't understand. Why I want to kill that girl and swap with her?' I inclined my head nervously. 

I should be me, not her.

My eyes was turning dark. 

'I need to kill her,' I declared, resolved to assert violence. 

And suddenly, a child rushed on their position. Then, she hit his back. Her beaming smile blossomed a white aura of innocent. 

I pulled out my phone and dialed 911. I hovered a finger on the call button. 

'I... I... I don't understand.... I don't understand, but I want to hurt someone right now,' I started to tremble in anger. But I suppressed it to avoid drawing attention.

"Yuno is the baby. I'm father's baby," the innocent child declared, smiling brightly. 

My eyes opened wide in shock. I dropped my phone on the ground. 

My lips trembled out of fear. 

'They... They have a child?' I screamed inside my head. 

I was devastated. 

A small dagger stabbed on my head. 

My teeth gritted, hands were trembling in anger. But my face was still looked blankly. I resembled an android that activated its alert system. 

'I need to kill the girl and his daughter now.' 

 

2