47. Side Story: Lixue and Their Family Meeting I
384 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The whole audience stand up from their seats, and they are cheering me -the winner- in full satisfaction. 

They give me a round of applause. 

My parents, who are watching from above, are crying in joy. They look very proud to see their beloved daughter -who is standing alone triumphantly. They must be thinking I am very happy about the honor that I bring for the family. 

But I am afraid to say, I am not. Not a very least of happiness runs into my emotion. 

'I am not satisfied in this ending. Winning like that? I firmly stand against it. I cannot stand it that a stranger had snatch my reward to kill that pervert heir triumphantly and left the arena without saying a word of goodbye to his partner. I dislike it. Absolutely!' I close my eyes, trying to hold my temper. 

I won the battle, but I don't feel it is over. I am not going to accept this. Never. 

Aside from that, his face seems familiar. I've got a feeling I had seen his mystique feature somewhere. 

'Now I found his history unravel. He piques my curiosity. This person is giving off a mysterious, appealing, and attractive powers. Not to mention, everyone respects too much including his enemies- the hunters. According to my parents, he is the notorious and infamous hitman of the United Realm of Pacific, Holver Arnoa. Maybe, I am a bit feeling salty about what happened earlier, but I assume the rumors contains a little bit of exaggerated words - to list him in the top ranks of super elites,' I dust off my shoulders and head off from the arena. 

'He should've just tell me something before he disappears, you know. That man... He is making me a bit of angry,' I subconsciously pout my cheeks and kick the air with a sultry look. 

He is really cool-looking, collected, and gentle person. But maybe... It is just an act. If my conclusions are true, then he is pretty good in making me lower my guard down.

I sincerely wish inside my head that the man in the bridge named Holmer appear. He is the man I'd expected the most. 

It is not that I like him or something. However, the unattractive adult man pops out from my mind respectively. 

First off, I have no feelings about him. He is older than me, though. 

I halt my feet. Another dark idea enters inside my head. 

'Hold up... Maybe I pronounce his name incorrectly and cast the spell hastily? But it doesn't make any sense. I am certain that did nothing wrong. I call for his name. Or maybe it is his pseudonym, a nickname for his disguise or I need his true family name. N-n-no wait... It can be. It should be. It is. Right?' I shatter my shoulders as I slowly theorize it inside my head. 

'Should... Should I try to call him through my spell for the second time? Of course, before I do that, I must discover his real name. So I can... I can completely sealed the deed. But.... Should. I. Summon. Him. Again?' I pronounce as my pupils is slowly turning black. 

What should I do? Should I try it again, the summoning spell? Maybe, he was Holmer who disguised himself as Holver Arnoa. Holmer was... The man I prayed to meet in person, you see. 

"Hey, are you alright, sweety~?" my mother asked as she comforted me on the stage. She teleports at my side to cheer me up. 

My pupils turn back to normal. I regain my consciousness when my mother taps my back. 

I place a hand on my chest, take a deep breath and calm myself. Then, I shift my head to face my mother. 

"I'm okay, mom. Y' don't have to worry," I wave a hand to relieve her with a smiling face. 

However, my smile makes my mother petrified. Because I produced a terrifying face- a emotionless killer who is going to stab her victim. 

"Ugh, my sweety~, you should learn to smile properly. I always reminded you to practice it. Pour it with emotion like adding a color of crayon on the art paper," my mother is turned off and scold me. 

'Mommy, you're meanie. I am trying my best,' I well up my tears- moist with emotion. 

Out of a sudden, a rough hand pat on my shoulder. My body twitches a bit, and my gaze shift to culprit. It is none other than my father. 

"Oh, it was only you, dad. I was about to kill you if I didn't take a peek, you know," I fold my arms across my chest. I flick a finger on his hand to remove it. 

In return of making me surprise, I'll pay him a cold shoulder. The blood of his head slowly drains upon seeing it. 

"H-h-hey, are you mad at your father, my daughter? I didn't mean to scare you. My bad. Don't feel mad about it, okay? Never mind, I head down here to personally say something. You know... I would like to congratulate you on your decisive victory against Yang Cuizo. His defeat has brought a good fortune not only for our family, but also the our loyal vassals. Now that their crown prince is dead. No one is talented enough to challenge our rule. The Cuizo clan is done for. Forever," my father laughs aloud. 

My father is correct. His death is the end of his family. 

Once that pervert's family influence collapse, we will take advantage of their demise by devouring them completely.

We can also absorbed it as our subsidiary, and we can plant our seed to take control of their family business. 

Since I've won the duel, no one in the six families could question my authority. 

In addition to that, it is already written that the winner takes all the assets of the loser. 

'With this, I am one step ahead of my competition. The chairmanship - which is handled by my father right now- will soon become mine. 

I will become the first female chairman of the whole organization. 

"Sweety~, I don't want to ruin your mood. But lately, I can tell you're not feeling well. Don't tell me, are you unsatisfied with you win?" my mother hold my hands tenderly, and she rub her thumbs on them in warm-hearted concern. 

'She is sharp,' I am really bewildered when she hit the nail, but I remain collected to make it look I am okay. 

"I'm... I'm not thinking something negative. Of course, I am satisfied with the result. Oh, please. You are making feel sorry. C'mon, I'm really fine, mom. You don't have to worry," I lift our hands and put it on my cheeks. 

I reply her concern with a genuine smile. But nevertheless, my mother doesn't buy it. 

She bend her lips down. She flip me around and push me on the safe area where no outsiders could hear us. 

My father follows us as our escort. He signals his bodyguards to stay in the shadows. 

"I'm your mother remember, sweety~? I am very proud that you inherit both of my beauty and everything else in full details. Although I am not a perfect mother like the others, it doesn't mean I am a bad and unconcern mom to neglect her beloved child. I am not going to idle by by allowing my daughter to make excuses, you know. So stop lying to yourself, okay? Don't look at me with that deadpan eyes, or else. I will slap your butt if you don't confess," my mother implies as she points a finger at my butt. 

I subconsciously cover it. 

"Fufu~ I am jokin'. It's my old habit as a pranker, so my bad. You'd use to it. You're my only child to show my deep affection. No worries. I love you very much. I'll penalize your father instead on you behalf," my mother covers a palm of her hand on her mouth and giggles. "Wait... What did you say, dear?" my father is petrified upon hearing it. "You. Shut. Up," my mother shut him down with a death glare. 

My father gasps in fear. He quickly turns around with his shoulders down.

"Mommy, please stop doing that. Stop pranking me. We're at the party," I pout my cheeks and stomp the ground out of embarrassment. 

"Ara~ You'd know your place and who's your talking with, my sweety~. It is my privileged to love you dearly. Oh-ho, tell me something. What is my beloved child concerned? I'm not a God to unravel it. But your ordinary mother in the flesh," implores my mother earnestly. "It is none of your concern. It is nothing... Serious, mom," I avert my gaze on the side. 

"I can teach you how to handle it or two, you know," my mother covers a hand on her mouth with a smiling face. "For real, mom. You don't have to know. As I said before, it is not serious," I shake my hands vertically.

'Mommy stop it!' I beg inside my head.

"Daddy... What're you doing? Help me," I mumble, demanding an immediate assistance. "W-well... Your mother is asking you. You must obliged. Y'd know I cannot do anythin' against her, right? Please... I'll get spank again if I intervene, yes? C'mon, I... I don't like to get beaten to the pulp," my father adamantly refuses as he shakes his head vertically.

'Useless! You are so useless, daddy! You're always act like a lapdog whenever mother is around. I wish to see my future lover like that too. But nonetheless, read the mood. Now I'm questioning your position as our strongest clan-master. Are you really the proud chairman of an infamous organization? Good grief, I'm tired of this,' I place a hand on my forehead and heave a tiring sigh.

"Well... You don't have to feel upset. Your father is 'obsessively in love' with me, you know. Fufu~ You can tame your future husband -my future son-in-law- like what I did on your father. I'll teach you the secret steps-by-steps to make him so obedient, horny, and head-over-heels for you, sweety~," whisper my mother on my ears that only the two of us could hear. 

My pupils trembles and my lips upturn in joy. 

'Mommy, I will keep it in mind,' I nod in agreement. Taking it as a special gift from her experience. 

"Hmm, I'll tell the support department to handle the guests. Why don't we continue this conversation inside my room? The main event is over anyway," my father proposes carelessly. 

My mother and I shift our eyes at his position and tilt our heads on the side in unison. 

Then, my mother realizes his proposal seems perfect. 

She clutches her hands together between her chest and smile. 

"Yes... Your father is correct. We shouldn't talk in this public area. Too many eyes are peeking. Too many ears are eavesdropping. It is safer in your father - smelly but tasty-sweat- room of his. Although I am a bit tired from my job earlier, I don't mind at all, sweety~," my mother shake my hands horizontally. Her excitement is skyrocket. 

'Ooh, no... That is not good,' the blood on my face drains upon seeing her like this. 

"If you're tired, then isn't it better to rest alone in dad's room?" I make an excuse, but my words stutter a little. "Sweety, you're not allowed to say 'no'. Besides, your tired mother is requesting her beloved daughter to be escorted in that room. Don't tell me, you don't love me anymore?" my mother pouts her lips. Her eyes moists with emotion. "No, I love you, mom. It is just... Ugh... Please stop it. You're really stubborn... Gosh... There are still some guests left behind in the room. They might see us like this, you know," I plead in tenderly concern. 

My mother's eyes upturn in joy. Her face is full of delight:  surrounded by cherry blossom flowers under the radiant light of the sun in the background. 

"Don't mind them. Mind their own business. Come... Let's continue this later," my mother hold my hands tightly. "Mommy, you're really pesky sometimes," I heave a sigh of surrender. 

'You win,' I surrender with my slender shoulders are down. 

"Wait, we should call the staff to bring us a tea. This girly talks won't be completed without snacks and drinks, yes. But wait, there's more. Maybe milk is better to bring instead since it is already night, yes," my mother simpers, and a banquet of flowers appears behind her. "You're a really beautiful woman when you're smiling like that, mom," I reply sincerely. 

"I know that, but you're the prettiest product of our love, my dear," my mother responses me with a compliment. "I second the motion," my father pounds a hand on his chest proudly. 

I am really lucky to have them. 

.... 

We change our location and head for the Chairman's official room. 

My father sits down on his personal chair next at the table. 

My mother calmly sits her butt on the sofa. Then, she offers a sit beside her on her left side. 

'Oh, please. It can' t be helped,' I give in. 

"So... what is making your face sulking, sweety?" my mother inquires when I sit down. "Mommy, you're really my mother. I guess, I cannot hide anything from you. Honestly, it is about the person.... that I met on the bridge," I politely confess in a worried face. 

My parents' head flinch in unison upon hearing it. Their ears twitch like the same size of a monkey. 

My mother's eyes opens with a blooming star-shape looks. 

"Kyaaa! Oh my gosh! This is a big news! Our beloved daughter is... in love!" my mother rejoiced. Her hands press on her face in awe. "Noooo!" my father mourns in dismay. 

"Wait... Wait, mom, dad, I am not. Please stop it. And I am not done yet. Don't jump to any bad conclusion, please!" I shake my mother's slender shoulder panickedly. 

"OMG. I am going to become a grandma!" my mother is greatly pleased that she spouts an insane announcement out of nowhere. "Nooo! I am going to become a grandpa! Nooo!" my father, who is devoured of despair earlier, has lost his mind again. 

My face is overwhelmed of embarrassment. My face are turning red from my neck to ears. 

"No stop. Shut it. Shut it. I am not in love or anything. And we haven't done that 'stuff' yet. Yes, we had met earlier, but it is just a cordial relationship!" I hit a light fist on my mother's shoulder. "You don't have to worry. It's normal, sweety," my mother giggles. 

"It is not! Mooo~~~ Mooo~~~. Mommy, you meanie~~~" I bury my face on my mothers chest. "There... There... There... You don't have to shoulder it alone. Your concern is already released. The burden is lifted. You're still young, so you are overwhelmed with it. At least, you're starting to learn to share it openly," my mother pets my head in tenderly care. 

"You know what, mom?" I raise my head and look at her face to face - waiting for her permission. "Hmm? Go on," my mother permits it. I am a bit worried that she'll become disappointed when she heard it from me. But nevertheless, it won't bite me to tell her the truth. "Honestly, I failed to summon him. Holver Arnoa is not my soulmate that I prayed earlier," I bent down my lips in disappointment. 

"Ooh, sweety~ You are very funny. You're thinking is very lenient," my mother pets me again. "Eeh? I don't get it," I tilt my head to the side. 

"You're really a child. So innocent. Never mind, it is part of your growth. Just a piece of advised: You have to wait for another 'six months' to summon your beloved, okay. You better be ready. Be more aggressive enough. Knock him down to seal the deal, yes," my mother instructed with an eye of soulless wicked witch. 

I blink my eyes hopelessly bewildered. My head explodes embarrassingly. 

"You can do it. Just make sure it is a male. So he can beat the next generation and form his own harem~, yes," my mother has sealed it -granting me a blessing to bear a child at the young age. "Wawawaaah, yes?" my words stumbles as my mind goes blank in this unexpected advice. "Nooooo! My daughter is going to give us a male heir! Nooooo!" my father's anxiety has increased that make his mind lost it completely.

"Shut up!" I bury my embarrassed face on my hands.

Post a review to motivate me. Do you want to read the next volume?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
8