1. Prologue: Holmer Aldnoa’s Soliloquy II
264 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Present Day

The twenty-first century was posed as the era of neo-digitalized globalization. The research and development of the scientist, the support of the auspicious masses, and the innovative ideas of the geniuses who soon become a big shot billionaires had outright transformed the world into its current form. 

Artificial intelligence were widely popularized and greatly widespread across the globe after the Covid-19 pandemic. Only a few managed to survive the new development, and the other unfortunate nations which among in the list of emerging and developing countries were impotent to adapt and sadly, they were still left behind from the rest of the world.

Paperless transactions became a trend for the highly-developed and newly developed countries ever since. 

Ever since then, the global economic partnership was the number one priority of the entire world. The human development index was booming to its highest level, but not yet reaching to breach their limits. Citizens enjoyed the fruit of the labor of the world government. Their effort brought a new emerging industries like Netflix, Instagram, Youtube, Facebook and so on and so forth. 

Going back to our history, I wasn't a fan of taking it into consideration. But I somehow wanted to share something what I knew before. That the western countries kept avoiding to tackle with. Or more like, they didn't even wanted to be opened up to their citizens because of the 'obvious' humiliating reasons.   

After the end of colonization, Asia blitz its way up in the ranks of the most productive continent, surpassing their former colonial masters and counterparts in a blink of an eye. 

It was undoubtedly the result of the great leadership, patriotism, nationalism, and decision-making of the ruling class. Taking inspiration and examples from the Europeans. But not everyone were lucky to keep up to the pace of globalization properly. There was some cases where a nation failed to build up a safe and sound environment for their people.

Unfortunately, most of it could be found in the poorest nations. Sadly but surely, they were raised in an authoritarian regime. 

Despite the conflict of interest of everyone, the world lived peacefully, and stability was still under control. We were fortunate to be living in a civilized, rational, logical, and pragmatic civilization. All of the disagreements shall be handled in care through diplomacy unlike before. 

Unlike from the past, war was slowly declining in popularity or what it seemed. At least, it wasn't brought up by their government nowadays. However, there were a few idiots who would unleash chaos and made peace foreigned to their citizens. Plus, there were a few minorities who were belonged in religious cult who would commit suicide to disrupt the peace within a peaceful region. 

Economic prosperity and a bright future were one of main objectives of the entire world. Only their vision for their 'beloved' country was a status of highly-developed and high-income economy.

In Southeast Asia, their quote was very simple: 'No more poor and war in our region. Respect our culture, tradition, and religion. Trade is a must concern primarily. ASEAN are brothers for life in eternity!'

As far as I know, the global war was one of the decision they wanted the least. It was a shameless, stupid, and unprofitable business for their nation.  

In this life, whoever started another world war would be rated as the aggressor. Whoever it was, their country would face the wrath of the world through sanction. Global domination was no longer acceptable, and it was undeniably a cancer that would destroy not only their victim, but also the world. 

Therefore, the new great powers were very careful, considerate, and mindful of their decisions ever since. Because they didn't want to be remarked as the 'enemy of the world' in the history of mankind.

Carrying on. 

In the past, the newspapers, televisions, and old computers were the 'apple of the eye' for information and entertainment. However, this era drastically changed everything by introducing a new machine: 'mobile phones'. Mobile phones were introduced amidst of 70s, and it became part of the everyone's lives for half a century. 

It was easy to access for gathering important information by browsing in the internet thru these applications and incredible inventions. 

You were no longer needed to use a big computer to browse for everything. You could just open these applications such as 'youtube', 'tiktok', 'instagram', 'twitter', or 'netflix' in the moblie android phones. 

As humanity prospered for their bright future, food consumptions were declining in scarcity. But gadgets were consuming the mind of the young generation.

As evidence, nine out of ten humans were always carrying a phone on their hands everyday. In addition to my statement, everyone had had a portable gadgets such as laptop, cellphone, tabloit, and humans used it openly in a comfortable public places - e.g. like coffee shops and a community parks. To study and write down a blog, novels, comics, and other important things related to their career were among the popular hobbies people enjoyed to tackle on.  

This new generation was indeed lucky to experience the fruit of the labor of the past. Therefore, all we can do now was: to continue move forward until we reached the end of our progress.

That's why I would use this opportunity to initiate my heinous and brilliant plan. 

Population was the cause of climate change. Irrational people kept destroying the balance of power and the world. In order to eradicate the poor, I must do it. Sacrifice was essential. And I would established a new world order!

My name was infamous worldwide. No one could stop me. Not even the Allah, Buddha, Jesus Christ, Jehova, and Shiva!

I would make sure... The Asians, blacks, the whites (Aryans), and the Southeast Asians won't even exist anymore! The Hybrid Nerds should rule the world!

'I will activate the software of destruction! Only a hybrid nerds will exist. Only the intelligent creature should continue the bloodline of humanity in this neo-digital era!' I exclaimed, hovering a finger on the red button of the cellphone's screen.

"Farewell, useless piece of junks!" I laughed maniacally as I pressed the button without hesitation.

As I watched the software continued to spread across the internet network, two beautiful ladies entered my room instantly. I was unable to react, so I failed to secure my laptop and cellphone. Their butts destroyed the monitor when they stepped on it and evaded each attacks back and forth like two female cats fighting for a toy. 

(Author's Note: Check the event of Volume 1: Chapter 24. Fly High To The Moon: Lixue POV)

'W-w-why are they fighting? What's the reason for? Tell me!' thoughts I had.

"My food is hot. He will love the pot. Find your own mine. Because he is mine!" declared the pink-haired girl, casting a black spherical multi-layered spell forming a spider-shape aura. "He likes the eggs. He seems wanted to beg. It is always ready to kiss it. Because he loves to eat it. No one dares to steal my prey. Thieving dogs will going to pay. I will take care of him for many hours. Because that man is ours!" announced the platinum long-layered hair lady, casting an ice-made bullet panels forming a dragon head aura. 

Both of them cast a sound-proof defensive spell inside my room. They planned to lessen the damage inside this room by limiting the space. 

'That's it? They are fighting to the death because of a man? You're destroying my plans because you are fighting who will eat the best breakfast? Screw this! Unacceptable!' whines I screamed.  

"Instructor is mine! My property is mine, Senior! [Mamataicha!]" the pink-haired girl casted it directly to her target. "My husb- *cough*. I mean, our (organization) target is ours, Lady Helena. Die thieving dog, [Al Quuma]," the platinum-haired lady cast a large pack of ice and shot it to her opponent. 

'Out of the goddamn place, why my room exactly? Why?' I cried out loud inside my head.

They exchanged a powerful spells on each sides, and I was unable to save myself. 

'They save the world because of the stupid reason!' I wept. 

"Fuck this fuckin' life!" I exclaimed in hopeless bewilderment. Then, I died after their spells hit me directly.

The whole place exploded, but there were no sound passed through because of their barriers. 

Hopefully, the lucky bastard stayed alive. I died because of him.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................... 

I opened my eyes and the first thing that came into my view was the white blank ceiling. I took a deep breath before I made a move. 

'Same day as usual,' I sighed. 

My upper body raised up, I rubbed my drowsy eyes, and next I yawned aloud. As I slowly gained my strength, I stretched my hands upward and cracked my neck from left to right. Then, I stretched my legs until I reached my limit thereafter. 

'Good grief. Waking up early is really difficult to do nowadays,' I clicked my tongue as I reminisced the incident last night. I lose my 'beloved' car because I hit a robber by accident. 

'Damn it,' I clicked my tongue.

Purple artificial eye glared at my average-looking face on my left side. It was wagging its robotic tail -waiting for the pique of my attention. 

'Baku, do you need something to me, hmm? Before you vent your excitement again, how about you speak up first? You're leaving me hanging here,' thoughts I commented. I waited for a few minutes, but strangely disturbing, this robot remained in its position without making a move.

'Hmm... That's strange. This guy is the number one intelligent creature that'll talk first and hit me on my chest. Why are you keeping your mouth shut, Baku?' I scratched a finger on my jaw and shifted my black pupils at its position.  

This spherical-shape object was named Baku. He's my loyal companion for the past five years. It considered itself as my personal dog, a partner-in-crime, and a familiar. But I didn't remember I agree for that, though. 

Anyhow, this artificial intelligent robot was helpful and useful, so I got the gist that I should adopt it. And now, here we were. I was stuck with this futuristic lifeform that any male protagonist and readers would wish to get one.

Despite its aggressive behavior against its prey, Baku was undoubtedly the best robot dog in the world. As his owner, I would boast his achievements. Without him, I was nothing, but a butt of a joke. 

Fun fact: Baku had a shapeshift ability to transform itself to different creatures. But out of his transformation he made so far, his favorite animal was a Shiba Inu dog. Baku's appearance was really cute by the way, and I was weak against cute things especially the dogs. Because I loved dogs!

'Damn it, Baku uses my weakness of being a pet lover,' I clicked my tongue again. 'It's super effective though.'

But this atmosphere was making disturbing. Really disturbing. Every morning, Baku was always on his cute, adorable, fluffy and heartwarming Shiba-dog form. But why was Baku in his original form? 

I got a gist that something weird was going on, so I asked him for information. 

"What's wrong, Baku? Tell me your reason," I inquired, composing myself respectively. This robot twitched a bit, and it floated on the floor before it opened it mouth. "Pardon for my silence. I am finding a proper way to greet you. First off, good morning, master," responded Baku in polite tone. 

I rubbed my eyes and I curved up a little my mouth. I gave him a wryly smile. But my work wasn't effective to make him submit.

As I was about to complaint for his emotionless reaction, I noticed the time on the digital clock: 7:03:33 a.m.

I blinked my eyes thrice and read the clock again. But no matter how much effort I did to stop imagining it, the number kept increasing in every minute. 

'Oh fuck. It's already past 7 am?' I was bewildered. 

"What a bright morning, doggy Baku. By the way, you are programmed to wake me up before 6, right? I don't remember that I set the timer to seven o' clock, right? Please explain what's goddamn meaning of this," I covered my eyes in disbelief, and my veins on my forehead was popped out. "Human, I sensed a disturbing force coming out from the outside earlier. Please understand me. I didn't want to wake you up in the middle of war!" Baku justified as it pointed its tail on the direction he was referring to. 

"War? That's bullshit," I glared at him with a doubtful gaze. "I know you won't believe me. But it is better than never- Never mind, a civilian died because of this mess. Condolence to his family," Baku stopped explaining, floated away and sighed. 

"Hey, don't left me hanging here. Hey, Baku. Baku. Damn it. Come back here. We're not done yet here, doggy!" I barked, demanding for his response.

Suddenly, Baku used a speaker to talk with me. 

"The breakfast is ready, master. You can start now. I'm going to stroll outside so enjoy your meal. By the way, please wait for one hour again. There are two mystical hungry female beasts who are super-duper powerful enough to force you to become their food. So... I advise you, ugly-looking master, to stay here. I'll accompany you. Wait... wrong. I'll escort you later. Please wait here when the tension is at ease," recommended Baku before the transmission cut off.

'What the fuck just happen anyway?' I worried.

Suddenly, I heard a sound of the ringing bell. I headed on the door and hovered a hand on the knob, but I sensed a disturbing aura behind it. 

I was planning to unlock it, but the pressure on the doorknob was giving me a sense of danger. I gulped my saliva as I opened my eyes wide when I perceived a two colors of aura behind it: a platinum and dark manas. The sinister vibe made me step back in a distance and ran away quickly through the window.

'I feel like once I open the door, there is no turning back on my peaceful life,' I horrified, ready to jump out of the window. 'What kind of situation am I going to face once I open that door?'

Why did I even live in this city anyway? I wanted to go home, but my mother wanted me to bring a girlfriend or else I won't ever meet them again. Damn it. I shouldn't land in this place five years ago. 

 

Guess the name of the poor villain!
  • Auten Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yul Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Gaul Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bobo Votes: 4 66.7%
Total voters: 6
4