2. The Freedom City: Holmer POV
221 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Five Years Ago

It was around 5:19:34 in the morning. 

United Realm of Pacific was an independent state that gained its independence from the occupation of the United States of America. The only former incorporate state that succeeded to free themselves from the American regime in exact date: 4th day of July 1966. 

The country was composed of seven provinces. The government was a democratic republic led by a Chancellor. 

Its history was very complicated, but the first and foremost, the island was first discovered by the Spaniards in 1567. Next, the Spaniards sold it to the Dutch since it was a barren land with no hope to develop it in 1604. But the Dutch gave up too, so they sold it to the French in 1610.

The French tried to develop it, but they failed as well. After Napoleon came into power, the land was invaded and occupied by the British in year 1802. But after his fall, the British came up with an idea that they should sell it to the Americans as a payback against the French government. 

The house of lords proposed to sell the island to the Americans since the island was hopeless and unprofitable place. It was hazardous and risky to develop further. Their tax money won't reach anything if they stayed there. 

The prime minister was assertive that the United States would suffer economically since the island was a hopeless, deserted, and barren land. However, they were wrong. The US found a massive deposit of 'black gold' called oil in the island. Thus, a lot of American businessman took the initiative and immigrated into the island. 

Then, the Japanese invaded it at the sme same when they launches an invasion in the Philippines in dawn of 8th day of December 1941. They occupied the island after they launched an aerial attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Thousand of Americans died and suffered a horrifying end in the brutal occupation of the Imperial Japanese. The Kempeitai were to blame for it. Because of them, a lot of poor female citizens were captured alive, they tortured them like an animal, and worst but not the least, they turned them into a slaves. Thankfully, the wound of the past of country's tragedy was slowly healing. 

Afterward, the first chancellor of the United Realm decided to follow the Philippines's example to free themselves. They copied the constitutions of the independent policy of Singaporeans (1960) and the constitution of the Commonwealth of the Philippines government (1935). Afterward, the rest was a history until today. 

After the magic and ki powers was discovered, the island became the center of its influence. 

The island exported powerful individuals known as 'hunters'. 

I had no idea how it manage to pull it off, but apparently, the government was indirectly ruled by oligarch hunters known as 'El Commissionares'. 

'Oh well... They are very lucky,' I commented inside my head. 

Our plane landed safely on the ram of the Freedom City International Airport - Terminal 2. According to the guidebook, the United Nation supervised this developed region, and the Freedom City was the main capital of this sovereign nation.

"The parcels have arrived. Let's pick our things up," stated Mr. Bond as he pointed a finger on the airport waiting shed. "Got it," I nodded my head and followed them from behind. 

I picked up my luggage on the luggage escalator and followed the two foreign companions. 

Mr. Rick Bond, a British lad. His height was 183 centimeter. Status: married. His occupation was a 'hunter' who was a special police under the world government.  He had a chin-length blonde hair and a normal blue shirt with blue light-leather jacket. 

"He's too handsome. He looks like Tom Cruz," I curved my lips up as I stated it. "You're also handsome too," whispered Helena did on my ears.

I startled upon hearing it. I jumped away in a distance in surprise. 

"Good grief. You frightened me, Ms. Helena," I placed a hand on my chest and took a deep breath. "Pardon me. I don't mean to startle you, savior," Helena hung her head down in apology. 

Helena von Adrielle was this beautiful maiden's name. Her family was a rich mafia crime family. She's single and always ready to mingle.

If I based this in a novel, her risk rating was triple A: a dangerous living beast in a flesh and blood. 

She had a long-layered pink hair and beautiful round eyes. Her thighs looked enticing to check out, but she's out on my league because of her age. 

Her outfit was a light brown jacket that covered her white top shirt. Her shirt was loose a bit, so her big chest was hidden properly. A black long jeans was covering her lower body. It was neatly fit that her round butt was showing off a bit. It was indeed marvelous to look from behind for the others, except for me. 

'She's underage, though,' I pointed out inside my head. 

Although her beauty was captivating for the others, she's not my type. Forgive me. Her personality was a bit worse than what you had ever expected. Truly I told you now, somewhat this gorgeous girl was hiding her narcissistic spoiled brat personality. 

'Don't lewd her. Don't fall for her. Her body is nice. She looks too wise. I'm not really picky. But forming a romantic feelings for her is a bit... too risky. If I have to choose between her sister, mother, and a dog. I will rather choose the dog instead,' I firmly stated. 

She was out of my league. Really. Seriously, I didn't have a single chance to win her heart. Her age was around sixteen years, so technically speaking she's a minor. Thus, she might even date a rich and older guys, or rich people who were younger than her.

'However, she seems a bit clingy. I have no idea how I manage it, but I really feel a bit awkward of this kind of situation. Having a close relation with a beautiful and young maiden is foreign to me. I don't sense a malice, but my radar keeps telling me to keep a distance from her. Maybe I don't want to be rated as a pervert or something,' I covered my body with my arms, protecting it from her. As if this body of mine was trying to escape from her impending heinous sexual assaults.

Pervert thoughts were really bad for my health. 

'I don't want to rot in a cell, though,' I bent down my lips wearily.

"Savior, are you alright? You look so tired," Helena placed a hand on my forehead. Her hand was delicate and warm, so I was a bit flustered upon receiving that kind of treatment. I lose my composure for a short period before I could response. "Uh, eh, I'm okay," I released myself away from her. I put down my luggage and put on my dark glasses immediately. Then, I picked my things up thereafter. 

I didn't mean any disrespect, but we're not really very close. I knew some people would rather receive it openly, but I begged to differ. This was making me nervous when she's too amicable. 

"Are you really alright, savior?" Helena tilted her head on the side, worryingly. "I'm okay. Thank you. Mr. Bond is already on the exit. We should make haste," I changed the subject immediately before something went wrong again. 

'Think of her as a sister. She's only being considerate. Stop assuming, Holmer. Stop assuming,' I bit my lips in frustration. 

As an introvert, it was very difficult to be treated too well by a beautiful girl. If she's in relationship, it would be acceptable because you knew she was just being considerate to you. Because somewhat girls who were in relationship already were very assertive to talk with men. They would rather make fun, I meant, tease the poor men who were not in a relationship. 

Sometimes they would ask us jokingly this ludicrous question: 'Will you court me if I wasn't in a relationship?' Then, once you took a courage to answer them nervously, they would immediately responded, 'Too bad. I love my boyfriend.'

This was based on my experience, I mean my friend's experience. 

If you were a rich man regardless of your appearance, you could court a beautiful girl like her. 

'Damn it, I wish I can do it. But I need to improve my lifestyle. Career is more important than girls right now. I need money,' I closed my eyes in dismay. 

"Kyaa," a woman dropped on the floor in pain. "Oh shit, I'm so sorry," I apologized, trying to help her out. However, she slapped my hand, and she pushed me away in a distance. 

As I was absentmindedly headed for the exit, I bumped someone on my path by accident. 

A beautiful lady was hurt because of me. I felt bad about it. 

She had a twin-pigtailed scarlet hair, and she's wearing a white shirt and a light leather jacket.

Her eyes was round and her face was curved perfectly. She looked like a model in a sex magazine. Her butt was perfectly matched on her S-shape curve. Her chest was bigger than Helena, but let's leave it that way. 

Her outfit looked expensive and the brand of her bag looked popular. 

Because of her reaction, her voice was caught the attention of the three sincere gentlemen nearby. 

'Good grief. This will turn ugly, I suppose,' I rubbed a hand on my neck wearily. 

The gentlemen immediately came on our spot to assist her up. 

"Are you alright, milady?" asked by a handsome K-pop looking man. "I'm fine," the scarlet-haired girl smiled and removed her hand away from him. 

"Do you need a hand? You must be tired, miss?" asked the handsome rich half-European and half-Asian guy. "I'm alright. My luggage has a wheel. Please keep a distance," the scarlet-haired girl smiled and gently pushed him away. 

"Do you need a medical assistance?" asked good-looking rich guy. "No need. I have an appointment to attend with," the lady rejected his offer respectfully.

The poor gentlemen were turned down peacefully, but right now, her attention shifted on me. Her sharp gaze pierced into my heart like she's looking at a poor puppy on the street.

She crossed her arms across her chest, waiting for me to say something. The three extras looked at me indignant.  

'Wait... Didn't I apologize earlier? You want me to repeat it? My goodness, are you deaf or something? Good grief. Give me a break. This is really pointless, huh. It' s harder than I ever imagine,' I heaved a tiring sigh. 

"Hmm...," the beautiful lady raised an eyebrows. "Sorry, I don't mean any harm. Please excuse me," I was about to leave her, but a fire spell in a form of bullet shape objects appeared in front of me. 

"I have never seen your face before, sire. Your face looks like an illegal immigrant from the farm," the beautiful lady flicked a finger, and suddenly, a small version of the bullets encircled me. She flicked a finger again to form a sound-proof barrier. "What the fuck? Good grief, give me a break, will ya~" I placed a hand on my face in low spirits.

The three gentlemen stepped away from her, and they were terrified of her power. Since she cast a barrier, no one was noticed our situation.

'Good lord, save this poor soul from this upcoming tragedy,' I prayed and closed my eyes. 

"Guess you choose to die already. All illegal immigrants who entered this place have no room to stay here," the beautiful lady flicked a finger and her magic was slowly suppressing me. Since I was powerless, I deliberately surrendered without resistance. "Please be gentle, milady," I smiled awkwardly. 

My breathing was getting rough. I couldn't feel my legs because of the heat. I was sweating a lot.

"Stop it!" Helena entered the barrier and broke it instantly. "Wait what? Who dares to interrupt my — Ms. Helena?" the beautiful lady, who was about to kill her, suppressed her spell. 

The pink-haired girl spread her arms and covered me. 

"Stop it, Senior Hemera. He's with me," Helena wrapped her hands across my arms. The beautiful lady blinked her eyes in surprise. "For real?" she couldn't believe it, so she wanted to verify her claims. "Yes, senior," nodded Helena, confirming her verification. 

This lady's named Hemera was unconvinced, but she placed a hand on her forehead wearily. 

In a single flick of a finger, the whole dimensional barrier vanished without a trace. 

She was about to say something, but she was interrupted when she noticed the security guards were coming in our position. She clicked her tongue and turned away. Then, before she moved away, she's flyaway her hair and dragged her bag away from us. 

"Next time, look where you're going, hmph," advised Hemera and she walked away like it was nothing. Her three extras went away too afteraward. "You too," I responded, smiling. 

'Good lord, that was close,' I heaved a sigh of relief.

"Good grief, she's really a hot-tempered Senior," comment Helena stated. She turned around and shifted her attention towards me. Before she said something, I immediately responded, "I'm fine. You don't need to ask. Let's move away before the guards catch us up," I proposed, grabbing my things before it was too late. 

Helena puffed her cheeks and clenched her fist tightly. Then, she stomped her feet in disappointment. 

"That was my chance, though," muttered Helena aside that only she could hear. "Savior is really bad boy. Flirting with my senior is a bad choice."

I was unaware what she was saying earlier, and I was too focused on my path. 

Thankfully, we managed to exit the airport peacefully. 

"By the way, who is that lady earlier, Ms. Helena?" I asked politely. "Asking for her name is a sin, savior. That's really not a nice thing to ask for. Trust me, you won't stand a chance because of your looks," Helena shrugged her arms, and she sarcastically advised me. 

"What the heck are you talking about? I was asking who is she. I'm not planning to confess or court her," I scratched a finger on my cheeks, and I tried to clear my intention. "And why should I tell you, savior? You won't meet her again though. Girls like her tends to date a rich and handsome men," Helena closed her fist tightly, and she extended her arms downward with a terrifying looks. 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. You don't need to tell me. I was just asking about her background and name. You don't have to be so harsh," I infuriated in her statement, so I immediately kept a distance from her. "Oh, my goodness. I'm so sorry. I don't meant to upset you, savior," Helena tugged my sleeves with a worried face. 

I released myself from her grip, but she kept tugging it.

'Shut it. Are you a child or something? Can you read my face right now? I'm not in the mood. I know I'm not good-looking. Find someone else you can bully. Someone who is better than me then,' I avoided her face and focused my attention on the front. 

"Good grief. What's going on around here, lover's quarrel?" jeered Rick Bond, smiling. "No!" Helena and I responded in unison. Both of us flustered upon hearing it.

"Sure, sure, I'll leave it be. By the way, I contacted your parents, Lady Adrielle. Your father is overjoyed to hear that you are safe," Mr. Bond pointed out, and he gestured a hand on the direction of her home. "N-n-no way. Why did you tell him, Instructor Killstreak?" Helena was astonished panicky. "Because I had to. You're parents will send a complaint in our department if I don't, though. Please understand my position as your instructor of the Academy," explained Mr. Bond had to tell. 

"N-n-no way, I was about to have a date with... savior," Helena was worried. "What?" I tilted my head and shifted my gaze at her upon hearing it. "It's nothing. Nothing, savior," Helena waved a hand in denial. 

"By the way, you're coming with me, Hol. You don't have a place to stay, right?" asked Mr. Bond promptly. "Yeah, I don't have a place to live here right now. And I need to register here, as well," I raised my shoulders a bit and responded with a drowsy tone. 

Mr. Rick Bond folded his arms across his chest and raised up his chin as he looked at my face. 

"Hmm? Did something happen while I was away from you guys?" queried Mr. Bond as he approached me. "Nothing happens. Truly, nothing's happened," I waved a hand in denial. 

I didn't want to cause any more problem.

"Hmm, I'm glad nothing's happened. It will become a big problem for this airport, though. You're a bloody dangerous, buddy," Mr. Bond tapped a hand on my shoulders with a smiled teeth. "Haha, yeah," I laughed it off, hiding the fact that happened earlier. 

Mr. Bond looked behind me, and he whistled upon seeing Helena's bad mood. 

'Thank you very much for worrying about me. Unlike this sassy lady, you're the most genuine person. You care about me. I'm really unlucky nowadays, sire. I want to redo my life, sire. Women are scary as shit when they are mad. But they are really beautiful, so I can't helped to feel sorry to myself. I want a girlfriend, but I want a real person who will accept me, sire. Damn it, this is hopeless,' thoughts I had. 

"I don't know why you looked so lonely, but why is Ms. Helena in a bad mood too?" Mr. Bond questioned. "Because we encountered a wild, agressive, ugly red beast. She bump with him for no reason at all. And because of her, she almost killed 'my' savior due to misunderstanding, instructor. She's lucky that she didn't taste the same fate of our enemies, though," answered Helena respectively. 

His face raised an eyebrows and his lips curved up a little. 

"Ah, of course, it is always like this. So this time around. She's jelly because it's a woman, huh. Good grief, I don't know who she is, but you should consider the heart of this lady, okay? Bumping someone is a no good in this place. That's a bad move, dude. You will get stab in the back if you tried to flirt with a native girl while this young maiden's with you. Joke aside, have you heard that a friend of mine married a girl who stabbed him behind his back because of the same situation? But fortunately, they are happily married with twelve children. Oh, well. Have you heard about his funny story about their relationship? He was jokingly confessed on me that he was tied down on their basement for a week, and after 9 months of captivity, their first daughter was born, though. Then, they got married with a loud of gun bang. Hilarious, right? But if she's really hot, you should go for it. The ladies here in this island are very sexy. Who knows. You might find your future spouse in this island," Mr. Bond laughed out loud, bumping his fist on my chest gently, repeatedly. "Uh, eh, hehe. I don't mean to hide this from you. But earlier this morning, I bumped that beautiful by accident, sir. Thankfully, everything was resolved. I admit she's looked marvelous. But she's a bit too young for me. But let's move on about that, let's skip. What I want to know more is your friend's story. I'm sorry for asking this. Is your friend still alive? Ha... Ha... I feel like that joke sounds real," I tried to clear things up, but I gasped my breath upon seeing Ms. Helena was grabbing something on her bag.

"Of course, it is a joke. His wife is one of the nicest person in our department," Mr. Bond tapped my shoulders whilst he was laughing. "G-g-got it," I placed a hand on my chest and heaved a sigh of relief.

Suddenly, Helena's eyes turned dark, and her smile terrified me. 

'Umm, what's she pulling out from her bag? Wait, I feel like I saw something shiny and sharp-looking object? A toy? Guess not. Wait a second. Isn't it looked like a kitchen knife? Where the hell did she get that? Umm... Mr. Bond, look behind you. Look behind you!' I pointed my lips on her spot. But Mr. Bond was having too much fun that he didn't even notice my warning. But his facial expression changed immediately when he sensed a familiar aura. He quickly moved me aside, pulled me to turn me around, and he simpered upon recognizing the person he was looking at with a genuine gaze. He wrapped a hand across my neck and turned my head on her direction.  

"Wow... she's really cute, isn't she?" Mr. Bond smiled with a teeth. His face was full of delight. "Yes? Y-y-yes... she is," I absentmindedly responded. Although I had no idea what he was talking about, I simply agreed. 

'I don't know who we are looking at right now, sir? But this is not the time to check for other girls. We're in grave danger, sire. By the way, we should check out first that lady behind us. Oh shit, she's gone. Where is ―  Kuuh!'

*Stab*

A hard object stabbed on my back.

5