3. The Freedom City: Holmer POV (2)
137 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What came into my sight was a crowd of people in a white silk-made thin cloths covering their bodies. 

It seemed they were related to me when I sensed a familiarity. Thus, I therefore assumed they might be my ancestors who were already passed away and forgotten by the history. Unfortunately, I failed to identify their identities because their faces were censored by the clouds of death. 

"Come~ come~ come, our child. Cross the river and save yourself. Your life is in big trouble. Come~, come~, cross the river and come with us~" encouraged The Elder had, gesturing a hand to follow them to the heaven. 

All of them were encouraging me to cross the bridge between the world of the living and heaven. 

'I'm coming now,' I smiled. 

As I was about to cross the line, something interferred and blocked my path. 

Two different lights came in to stop me. A platinum and dark small light in a size of a tennis ball dragged me back to the mortal world. 

"Nooo~ he is doomed!~!" everyone screamed in empathy. 

I opened my eyes widely and snapped back to reality. 

I quickly checked my back and gestured a hand to examine it. Fortunately, there was no wound bleeding out. 

'I thought I die. Afterlife seems good to live. I feel nothing at all. Emotions drives me crazy to join them in. But something interfered. Good grief. Is that a dream or something?' thoughts I had.

Someone tapped my shoulder. It was none other than Mr. Bond. 

"Hol, are you okay? You're spacing out," concerned Mr. Rick pointed out. He tapped his palm on my cheeks to wake me up. "Ah, yes. Yes. I'm fine, sire," I nodded, smiling awkwardly. 

"You seem distracted earlier," muttered Mr. Rick looking at me with dissatisfied look. "Aah, you're imagining it, sire. I'm not really," I shook my head horizontally.

"Okay, sure. By the way, I'll leave you here for a moment with the princess, okay? It appears she's lost. I mean, that child is always going to get lost because she has zero sense of direction. Her excitement to see me is the reason for it. Hays, she enters the airport and fails to recognize me. So anyways, I got to go quickly. Please excuse me. Stay here, okay? I'll be back in a minute," Mr. Bond released me, and he headed for the entrance to look for the person he was talking about. "I wonder who is 'she' he was talking about. Man, I'm really starving. Wait... there are a lot of beautiful ladies, more like bitches you can watch from the side, huh. Mr. Bond is really making me hook up with these beauties. Guess somewhat men like me needs to settle down to form a genuine relationship with other people. I'm a man after all. Who knows I might find my 'true love' here. Not only the city seems noisy, lively, and crowded with bright people, but there are also a lot of beautiful things I can check unnoticed for free," comment I stated, smiling. 

A beautiful girl in a seductive outfit caught my eyes. Because she was busy talking someone on her phone, I slowly ogled on her butt, but something prevented me of doing so. Two warm and delicate hands covered my eyes.  

'Ah fuck. I cannot see it. I want to see it once. I'm a man of a culture too!' I shouted for justice inside my head. 

*Stab*

A hard object stabbed on my right abdomen.  

"Gaagh, what was that for?" I argued, asking for a legit reason. I rubbed the part where she hit me. "Pervert, stop looking for something you cannot afford to touch. You're making me sick, savior," Helena puffed her cheeks and hid the hard and long object behind her waste. 

"W-w-why you stoppin' me? You startled me like crazy. Stop killing my mood already. I ain't a pervert. I'm a man of a culture. No a vulture! What was that object you're holding, huh?" I demanded, pointing a finger on her hands. "Culture? Vulture? I don't know what you mean, but you should stop looking at her butt like an ugly bastard in a film. You're a good person, unlike them. By the way, what object are you talking about? You're just imagining it. Fufu~, I have no weapon to stab a person once," Helena diverted her gaze on the side, denying my allegation. Her lips stuck out like a duck. 

"You didn't stab me once. You hit me twice, Ms. Adrielle," I obviously exposed her lies, but this lady kicked my legs as her answer. I jumped in a distance whilst holding my legs in pain. "Stop hittin' me. You're good at hitting the same spot over and over again. Fuck, stop it already. What is wrong with you? Stop it. Stop!"

I was about to hit her back, but a lot of people were watching us from afar. All of them were laughing and commented, 'Lovers' quarrel, it seems.' and worst, 'Seems she finds out her man is looking at someone else, lol.'   

'Stop assuming impossible. It is so ridiculous, people. We ain't in that kind of relationship. I don't want to rot in cell, though. Ah fuck, it hurts a lot, but it's not that painful. But it is annoying. Why is she mad at me? Did I do something against you, huh? Ah shit, ouch. Ouch. I don't understand her reasoning at all,' I gritted my teeth, pricking. 

"Stop. Looking. At. Other. Girls. Bad. Savior. Bad," Helena tugged my collars and stated it. "Pardon?" I was muddled thinking. "Gaagh, you're so naive. Reeee, why are you so thick-headed? Stop being thick-headed man. It seems a side effect of your power that you are unable to differentiate the sluts and 'true' genuine women here. Not only that, it might due to your godlike defensive stats is heavily dense that you're brain is not functioning properly. In short, you're too dense, savior. You're making me worry!" Helena stomped her feet four time on the ground, angrily. 

'Umm... Ms. Adrielle, your eyes is turning red. It's turning red. My sense is telling me to run away. God have mercy on me,' I gasped with a cold sweat.   

She pulled me closer on her face whilst she looked at me directly on my eyes. Her perfume crossed into my nose, making me look at her too attractive. This situation was like in a k-drama where the protagonist will kiss the leading lady because she's too pretty. 

I snapped back on reality when I almost gestured to pull her head and overlapped our mouth outright.  

'Fuck, this is not good. She's underage, dude. There are a lot of cameras and audience nearby. There is a police in the next corner. Pull yourself together. Jail is just a room, but it is not a nice place to live in,' I gulped my saliva. I maintained a poker face whilst looking at her with a stoic and emotionless face. 

"By the way, we fought side by side. Killed a lot of bad people. So this time around, I'm going to claim what is mine already. You're not a nobody here. Understand? You don't have to answer, but to keep your mouth shut. Stop calling me in my family name. I have a first name, hmph," Helena kicked me again and her cheeks puffed like an angry child. "Alright, alright, stop it. You're making a scene. It will attract the security, and I'll be arrested for misconduct," I tried to reconcile. 

The two police officers noticed us, and they seemed interested to check us. The audience were pulling out their phones, taking a video of our conversation. I quickly pulled out a blue cap and covered my head. I pulled out a mask to cover my mouth. Then, I quickly grabbed her shoulders and pushed her on the corner. 

I placed her on the secluded place that only the two of us was on the scene. 

"Stay here. Im going to get our things," I instructed before I left her. "Huh? Wait a minute here, I'm not done yet!" condemned Helena, angrily. 

A few minutes later, I returned with our luggage in a cart. 

She was absentmindedly watched me whilst I quickly arranged our luggage in front of her. 

"Savior, we are not done yet. Don't change the subject and look for reason to avoid talking with me," exasperated Helena had as she demanded me to talk with her vis-a-vis. Because she kept bugging me, I had no other choice but to answer back. As an adult, I should teach her a proper lesson this time. 

"Hey, what are you doing, huh? Hiek!" Helena's word were cut off when I slapped a hand on the wall next to her, pinning her in position by my proximity. 

I pulled down my mask to make sure she'll hear my simple warning. 

"You know what? I am not in the mood right now. I admit she's hot and sexy, but I don't think she is at par with your beauty. I might not be that kind of handsome, but meeting you is enough reward to satisfy my eyes. Truly I tell you, it is bad for a pretty lady to be too annoying. It is making me sick already. If you don't want me to hate you. Stop whining like a cat. And do me a favor, will ya. Stick this into your head. I'm older than you. Be respectful. You don't have to tell me what I need to do, " confessed I gravely admit. 

This narcissist lady was astonished, and her face was flustered upon seeing me closer, and her eyes trembled upon hearing my statement. 

'Good, she stops. Guess it works as I predicted. This is what the girls hated the most. The Kabedon. This is the secret weapon that my uncle taught me how to stop the women's nagging. But the side effect of this, there is a hundred percent chance I will receive a slap in the face because this girl doesn't like my average face. It only works if the boy is handsome and assertive,' I smiled, recalling my humiliating past where I was slapped in the face by a woman. 

If a teenager like her was acting like this, the only way to stop her was to show her who was the older between us. I would show her my dominance as a mature adult. She's a high school female student after all. 

I moved my face closer to her left ears, and she leaned her back deeply on the wall. Her face twitched and unable to react because of me.

Her breathing was getting rough as she didn't know what to do in this situation. 

I grabbed her hand and placed it next on my left cheeks. 

"Go on, slap me on my cheeks. I will gladly accept my sin. Hit me hard and make a scene. But make sure to make haste and slap it harder. I might be looked like a nice person, but I am the kind of person who bites without a reason. If you keep crying like a baby, I might lost myself here in front of the public. In addition to that, I will make sure you won't ever forget my surprised gift to you, milady," I whispered on her. Her ears turned red, and her body was trembling with a cold sweat. "Y-y-y-yes, s-s-s-savior," her pupils were slowly transformed into a heart shape, but I was on the side that I was unaware of the upcoming consequence of my action later on. 

'She will hit me again this time. In 1, 2, 3... wait hold on. She's not going to slap me? Hmm... That's weird,' I pulled away and checked her. 'She is shaking too much. Her face is turning red like a boiling kettle. Is she sick or something?'

"Ms. Helena?" I grabbed her shoulders, and she flinched a bit. Then, she twirled her hair on her ears, and her pupils trembled as she gazed at me with a heart-shape eyes. "S-s-s-savior~, you're so brave to make me submit like this. Y-y-you surprise me. I didn't know you are this type of charming person. But I like it. Please be gentle with me. This... This is my first time. I'm ready~ Muuuh~" Helena stuck out her lips and ready to receive something from me.

Her reaction was different from what I was expecting. That was pretty strange. 

"Huh? What the fuck are you doing? Are you a duck or something? But I'm glad you're no longer mad at me. Good grief, you're making a weird face right now, Ms. Helena," I raised an eyebrows in a muddled look. "Eh? Eh? Eeeh? We're not doing that? OMG, I'm sorry of jumping into thinking of that. It's nothing. Nothing, savior. Forget about it, savior!" Helena pushed me away, waving her hands in denial. Then, she fanned herself to calm her mind.

She pulled out a mirror out of her pocket and checked her face. I was about to say something, but she seemed going back in her bad mood. Her eyes were piercing me like a dagger. 

"Never mind, forget about it. I don't want to cause a ruckus here," stated I commented. As I was turning my body on the back,  someone head butt my back. "Gooagh~!"

'Why it always hit the same spot?'

3