4. The Freedom City: Holmer POV (3)
142 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To be honest, I was starting to feel annoyed in this situation. Ever since I landed in this country, I always encountered a lot of unfortunate predicaments. I was a good person, so should I deserve a better treatment than this? I had a life to enjoy for goodness sake.

It's too early in the morning, so it should've been different. However, the world seemed enjoying my bad luck.

I was often welcomed with a lot of problems. 

"Argh, that's enough. Why did you stab me again, Ms. Helena?" I turned around and condemned her action. But she wasn't the person behind me. "Huh? That's weird."

I shifted my gaze down on my waist, and my eyes opened wide in surprise. There was a little girl who was embracing me tightly. 

I gently released her hands on my back, but when I faced her, she embraced me with a cute smiling face. 

"S-s-s-savior, what's the meaning of this?" agonized Helena aloud. "Wait... this is not what you think it is. Don't press me with charges. I am no guilty of anything. Trust me. I have no idea too, Ms. Helena," I pressed a finger on my forehead whilst I was contemplating what was going on. 

The little girl had a blonde pigtail buns, and her outfit had a white shirt covered by a caramel leather jacket.  

Her lime eyes were trembling in joy. Her smile was captivating me. 

"S-s-savior, say something. Did you perhaps hit a girl while I was staying here dumbfounded?" Helena demanded an explanation. I snapped back to reality. "What are you saying right now? This is not what you think it is. And why would I hit a little girl? I'm not into underage 'lolis'," I responded, trying to clear the misunderstand. 

"Huuuh~? What's the meaning of 'lolis'? Forget about asking it. First and foremost, explain this properly. Look at her, she's rubbing her face on your... your... your good, thick, and healthy.... I mean, disgusting stomach now. This scene reminds of me the cheating husband who left her wife to a child. Savior, you are a good person. Don't abandon your dignity. Don't abandon me. This is... is... is not normal!" barked Helena as she pointed a finger on my body. "Stop skipping too much information. Why would I copy the cheating husband? I am single for almost thirty years. I have no time to play around too. For God sake, listen to me first. You should've ask me first if I have a relative or know someone here before you cried out loud. First of all, I don't remember that I inform someone about our arrival. Believe it or not, the only people who I had been known so far here were Mr. Bond and you," I attested firmly. 

The young maiden took a deep breath and heaved a sigh. She placed a hand on her chest and looked at the little girl. 

"Then, who is she?" asked Helena, looking dagger at my face. "I don't know. Are you deaf or something? How many times do I have to tell you about this, huh? I swear to God, I have no fuckin' idea," I shook my head horizontally. 

'What are you doing now, Ms. Helena? I'm not doing anything beyond unreasonable doubt. Are you playing as my wife or something?' I gulped my saliva like a husband who was caught in the act of cheating to a slut by his wife. This matter resembled the scene in a drama where the husband had no idea what should he do to escape this predicament. But I was still single with zero romantic experience. 

"A-a-a-are you sure?" doubted Helena spoken. "Yes, I swear to you. Promise. Please have a seer of trust on this adult, okay. Please believe me. I don't really know her," I raised a hand like a faithful husband even though we're not even married.  

The young maiden's lips closed as she glared at my soul. Because of my steadfastness, she was convinced. 

She heaved a sigh of relief and smiled at me. Her mood had calmed down a bit. 

"I wonder what's your relationship with her, savior. She seems really looked  like someone who knows you," Helena pondered, smacking her jaws. "I wonder," concurred I had, wearily.

"Can't be helped. I have to ask her," Helena shrugged her arms. "Yeah, you should be," I hung my head down as I petted the little girl's head.

My companion bent her body down and tapped a finger to call the little girl's attention.  

"Little miss, what's your name?" inquired Helena, smiling. "Yuno," the little girl answered politely. But she kept her head buried on my stomach. 

"O-o-okay, don't be afraid, okay? Big Sister won't bite. I meant, I won't bite you later. So answer this carefully. How old are you, Yuno?" Helena questioned with a bright smile on her face. But her smile had a terrifying meaning behind it. She seemed holding a grudge or something. "Yuno... Yuno is... four," the little girl raised three fingers and showed it to her. 

The young maiden looked dagger at me again. 

"Hey, I'm not going to hit on the girl. Stop looking at me like that, Ms. Helena," I justified pretty quick. "Good, very good. Because if you do, one click in this phone... You're doomed," smiled Helena showing the screen of her phone. 

I could see the '911' emergency hotline number. 

"So anyways, let's focus on this girl. Stop looking at me like I am a disgusting pest in the house. I am not a convicted criminal as well. I have moral standards too as a human being," fretted I had, trying to calm the upcoming storm. "Hmph, okay fine," Helena snorted and shifted her attention at the little girl. 

'Good grief, I need a break after this,' I sighed inside my head. 'Ms. Helena is a girl, so she is better than me in this situation. Talking with  children is not my forte. She is a native lady of this land, so she will eventually get close with this girl later.'

"By the way, why's Yuno sticking her head in someone else property?" Helena placed a hand on the little girl's head. Her lips were shaking. 

'I was wrong,' I was disappointed at this high school girl. 

"By the way, why's Yuno sticking her head in someone else property?" Helena's eyes turned like a big cat eyes as she glared on the little girl. "Ms. Helena, I'm not your property. Please change the subject before I hit your head," I corrected and denied her. 

The young maiden glared at me, and she spouted her cheeks angrily. Then, she shifted back her attention at the girl.

"Okay, fine. So here's the serious question, why is Yuno burying her face on my 'saviors' stomach?" Helena inquired, smiling. Her smile looked genuine outside, but the meaning inside of it said otherwise. 

'That's the same thing!' I refuted inside my head.

"Make it sound more normal than that, Ms. Helena. Your question is a bit scary. Kids don't like it. Remember, she's still a child. Please imagine your position as a beautiful model student of your school. You should show her a good example of how a big sister should handle this simple matter, okay?" I proposed. "I-I-Is that so? Ahem, okay. I got it. I'm so sorry for scaring you like that, Yuno. Big sister is just mad at this person because he's not even 'trying' to push you aside. Please answer me properly, okay? Just nod if you agree," Helena simpered. "Hmhmm," Yuno nodded her head. 

'Good, she agreed. Now make sure you ask her properly,' thought I commented.

"Now here is it. What's your relationship with him?" asked Helena politely. "Baby," Yuno answered. 

The young maiden and I twitched our body in surprise. The interviewer's smile slightly curved up awkwardly. 

"P-p-p-pardon, big sister doesn't understand what you mean? What do you mean 'baby', Yuno?" Helena's hands were trembling as she tried to grab her head. "Yuno is the baby. I'm father's baby," Yuno responded as she rubbed her head on my stomach happily. 

Her temper were burning ablaze. 

"S-s-savior, what's the meaning of this? She's said she's your baby. How dare you try to date a four-year-old child?" cried Helena as she demanded an immediate explanation again. "Calm down. Stop shouting. There are a lot of cops patrolling in this area. Out of a questions you could think so far, you alledged me of dating her instead of asking me if she was my daughter? Believe me this time, I swear to God I don't have a relationship with Yuno," I assessed, trying to calm the situation. 

"Yuno? You called her first name so easily. How dare you do that to me? You haven't called me in my first name properly. You somewhat add 'miss' instead of calling me simply 'Helena'. Shame on you. Shame on you. I'm so disappointed of you, savior!" Helena kicked my legs in retaliation. Thankfully, it wasn't that hard unlike earlier. "Stop it. I got it already, okay? I have a reason. A reason. Listen well. I always add it because you're an 'silver spoon' lady. Mr. Bond told me that you're a daughter of a rich and influential family. Of course, who am I to show a disrespectful tone in front of a beautiful and educated woman like you? You are the sky and here I am in the bottom of the earth. We are living in different world. Here's the thing. I will always add an honorific as a sign of respect whether I like them or not!" I explained to diffuse the bomb that was starting to blow up.

"Y-y-you like me? OMG. I-I-I'm not prepared for it. Wait a second. Don't change the subject here. Then, what's your 'real' relationship with Yuno? Tell me. Tell me now," Helena demanded an answer. "Why are you asking me a dumb and redundant question? I'm the innocent person here. If you are seeking for an answer, you're asking the wrong person here. You should ask her, not me!" I pointed a finger on the little girl who was unfazed in this situation. She was still rubbing her face on my stomach. 

'This child is the reason for the misunderstanding. Please help this poor lad right now,' I implored, but my message failed to reach her conscience.

"Yuno, please speak up. Clear the allegation. You're not my baby, right?" I gently pushed her away from me and knelt down to talk with her face to face. "No, Yuno is a baby. Yuno is your baby. Teehee," Yuno smiled with teeth. Her cuteness pierced into this big brother's heart. 

I was about to lost my mind, but Helena kicked me to wake me up. 

"See that, savior? You know her. When did you date a little girl?" Helena pulled a trigger that could cause me to rot in jail. "Stop it, there are variety of negative things that could lead me astray. Stop accusing me of dating this child. As I said before, I have a moral standard too," I strongly affirmed, showing her that I wasn't that kind of person she was imagining. 

"Yuno is not his date yet. Yuno is his baby!" corrected Yuno pointed out gladly.

In one stomp of her feet, a heavy silence permeated on the spot of Helena. Her feet made a huge crack on the surface. 

"Savior, who did you make this child? Even though you're not every ladies' type, she will endure the pain of being hold by your hands. It's not like I like you or something. But how dare you? Even though you're not that handsome, someone will accept it regardless of your pathetic looks. Someone will endure your cold and charming voice. Make you her own property and in order to keep you safe from the thieving cats, she will eventually send you in the basement. When did you sleep with someone, huh? There are a lot of beautiful girls around here. But you miss a shot. You should move to the basement and stay there. Who is that girl anyway? You have me. I mean, not literally me!" Helena lose her mind, and her hair was floating like a Medusa because of her mana. 

Her joke went too far. Who would even date me? For over thirty years of living in this world, there was no lady of the same age accepted my confession. Stop adding oil into the fire!

'Shut it, you're embarrassing yourself. I am a 'virgin' for crying out loud. Your statement is frightening me too much. Who would want to stay in a basement? You're starting to creep me out!' 

"Please Yuno clear this misunderstanding. You're not my baby. You're not my daughter. You're someone else. Maybe you're thinking I am your father. But I'm not. Your father must be looking for you. Searching for your whereabouts right now. Now look at me in the eyes. Look at me here, dear. Here's the deal. I'll help you find your parents. In exchange, you must help this uncle here to solve the issue. There are some cops who are coming here right away. We need to clear all of this before it escalate too far. Is that okay with you, Yuno?" I implored, trying to convince her. However, the little girl spit a bomb that exploded too far. "Hooo~. Hehe~. Yuno will follow you. Yuno is obedient. Yuno will listen. Anone.... Right~ Right~, Yuno is not your baby~," Yuno placed a finger on her lips in muddled thinking. Her eyebrows closed together as she thought about it. She pondered, smacking her cheeks.

'Good... Good... Very good,' I heaved a sigh of relief. 'Now it is the right time to end this misunderstanding for good.' 

"Yuno is your bride!" Yuno announced it proudly.

My smile broke down. 

3