5. The Freedom City: Holmer POV (4)
124 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

God helped this poor soul. Forgive me for I had sinned. 

If I was an extra in a novel, the author would abandon me immediately. He should've just add some spice on my life properly. 

But I aint a simple extra in this world. My role was a canon fodder, in my opinion. 

'Snap out of it, Holmer. This is not the time to seek for God's grace. God have mercy on man, the men have their doing,' I quoted inside my mind. 

I quickly lifted up Yuno and held her on my arms. She's light and delicate. And she loved what I did. 

"Savior!" chided Helena, stomping her feet angrily. She looked surprised when I did it. "Calm down, this is normal. I'm not doing illegal," I raised a hand to shut her up. 

The pink-haired girl flinched upon seeing my change of pace. I had no time for jokes anymore. 

'Enough is enough. I'm done with this shit. I need to man up,' comment I stated, gravely.

"Don't say anything stupid, Ms. Helena. You should know who I am. You know me better than them," I shifted my gaze at the two cops who were ready to arrest me. I pointed my lips on these two people next to her. "P-p-pardon? Mooo~ I... I know~. I know you better than those people, okay~? Moooh~, I really know~!" Helena pouted her cheeks and shook her hands vertically.

I held the child tightly, and I looked at the officers. 

I strongly showed the two officers my assertive mood. That I won't let them arrested me for misunderstanding. Showing a weakness was a bad idea. I should look at them with confidence.

"Officers, is there... something wrong? This gentleman will gladly assist you however he can," I smiled at them, and the two of them flinched upon seeing my face. I had no idea what they saw about me, but they were petrified upon seeing it.  "No... No... No, sir. We never saw anything. We're just passing by. Have a nice day, sire," the left officer spanked his partner and instructed him to move away. They bowed their heads and left us alone without a problem.

"Ms. Helena, please come closer," I called her without looking. "Y-y-yes, savior?" asked Helena with a worried look. "Please come closer, so you could clearly hear what I'm about to say," I gestured a hand, pointing the spot near me. 

My companion seemed terrified upon hearing my cold and collected voice. But she took the courage to move beside at me. 

"Move closer on my right. A little closer," I encouraged. "Okay~," Helena was worried, but she obediently followed my request. "Well done," I tapped her head and petted it. 

She flustered a bit. Her cheeks turned red. 

"W-w-what now?" Helena looked at my face like a cute domestic cat. But her eyes opened wide when she looked at my hand. "This is my payment for your stupid allegation. Tah!" I chopped her top of her head. The impact produced a loud sound and looked painful to watch from the others' point of view, but subsequently, the victim received no damage because it was a light chop. I actually adjusted my strength a little, though. 

"Ouch~! What was that for~?" cried Helena, rubbing her head in pain. "You deserve it," I stated in a cold tone. 

My companion gasped when I looked dagger at her. 

"That's a female- I mean, a human abuse~!" thought she complained. "So what? You're so loud and whining with nonsense. You're voicing out your words without thinking about the risk of my reputation. I tried to clear things up, but you never even open your ears to my explanation. You... You always missed the point. Next time. Please. For crying out loud. Listen to me very carefully. Have some faith on your companion," I was about to add another word, but she slapped me on my elbow. Then, she stomped her feet on the floor again.

"No, you should listen to me. Because I am always right. Mother always told me the girls are always right regardless of your valid opinion. You shouldn't hit a girl on her head. That's very rude. Uncivilized. What if I receive a ―" Helena was about to spout another nonsense, so I interrupted her. "It's a light hit. Don't exagerate it too much. You can handle it anyway," I snorted, turning around to ignore her. 

I rocked the child on my arms gently. Yuno seemed enjoying what I was doing. 

"Huh~? Mooh~ Mooh~! Hey savior, look at me!" bellowed Helena, giving me a kick on my legs. Despite its painful touch, I endured it. Because of her action, the child was bewildered. She was looking at us in muddled look. "Yuno, when you grow up, please respect us properly. Man is always in the disadvantage in this modern world. Grow up as a proper lady unlike that big sister, okay?" I whispered on her ears. "Okay, daddy~!" Yuno nodded and smiled at me. 

'Aaaaw~ so cute. I remember my niece~' I simpered. 

I snapped back in reality when Helena tugged my sleeves. 

"Huuuh~? Stop calling him, daddy. He's not your father, Yuno. Savior~, please~ I'm beggin' you. Give her up. Look at me~" Helena sniffed her nose when she said it. She was starting to cry when I ignored her pointless words. "W-why are you crying now?" I was bewildered upon seeing her like this. "B-because... Because you... Because you don't look at me~!" Helena rubbed her eyes and covered her face thereof.  

'Huuh?' I was staggered. 

As I was trying to think for the solution, Yuno followed suit. She's about to cry as well. Her lips were shaking in pain. 

"Daddy... You make her cry. Daddy~ you make her... cry~. Daddy is now a bad person. Yuno is disappointed. Daddy will scold me too. Wuaaah~" Yuno's tears dropped, and she started to weep. "No, no, no w-wait. Stop this. You're wrong. Stop crying. Sssh... sssh... Uncle is not mad at you," I comforted her and wiped her tears, but the child continued to shed more tears. 

All of the people nearby were laughing upon seeing it. 

"Take a look at that. His wife and daughter are crying, and they are making a scene. How nostalgic, dear," the male elder commented. "Oh? All I could see is different. The wife seems jealous of her daughter and she is seeking for his attention too. Hoho, it reminds me of our days together, dear," the female elder giggled. 

I could hear a lot of whispers in our surroundings, but thankfully, it sounded positive. In their eyes, they viewed our relationship as a family. But everything they believed was the opposite. 

"Ms. Helena, Yuno, stop crying!" I implored, trying to comfort both of them. "Daddy is mad! Wuaaah~!" Yuno shed more tears. Her face was starting to turn red. 

"No, no, I'm not mad. Uncle is not mad. But I'm not your father, Yuno. We are not related," I verified on her. However, it backfired. "Daddy's my daddy! Yuno is no longer needed by daddy~! Wuaah~ If  am not blood related, we could get married, daddy~! Wuaaaah~!" Yuno wept, breathing roughly. 

I could hear a loud sound of the police siren. She was spouting a lot of dead flags. 

'Shit, shit, shit, what should I do? She's crying too much. It's bad for the child. If she don' t stop, it will put her in danger,' I rocked the child on my arms and pulled out the water bottle on my bag. "Please drink this. Drink. Uncle is not bad," I offered the bottle of water, and thankfully, she accepted it. Her face blossomed with white lilies as she gulped the bottle until its empty. 

"Phew, finally she stops," I heaved a sigh of relief. "Waaaa~h," Yuno simpered.

"Baku, activate [sleep] spell," command I muttered without looking at the direction of my invisible familiar. "As you wish, human," replied Baku as it cast magic on the child. 

Yuno slowly lose her consciousness on my arms. I removed the bottle from her hands. 

'Phew, she finally sleeps. Damn, that's a good news. This'll give me a time to think properly. But before I do that, I need to calm the other one!' I shifted my gaze at my companion who was weeping like a child. 

I put down the unconscious Yuno on the bench next on me, and I placed a bag as her pillow on her head gently. 

I went for Helena to calm her down.

"Ms. Helena, stand up. You look too ugly," I looked down at her, but she buried her face on her knees. "No~ I don't want to," Helena reluctantly refused. 

'Good grief,' I rubbed the back of my neck. 

"Ms. Helena, you're over sixteen years old. You should act properly. I thought you're a role model in your school, but it seems you're just all talk, huh," I folded my arms across my chest as I pointed it out. But it was ineffective. "Leave me alone. Go with the child. You choose the child over me!" I grumbled, shedding some tears. 

"Bear in mind. Yuno is a child. Don't get jelly with her. Anyways, what should I do, huh? You look too awful in your position. Look at you, you look... look terrible in your state," I plain-speaking told her. "It's because of you!" Helena slapped my leg out of anger. 

'What do you want me to do? Apologize? You should be the one who should apologize first!' I bit my lower lips angrily. 

"Alright, what do you want me to do? Tell me, I'm all ears," I chinned up. "Leave me alone," Helena pouted her cheeks. 

I pulled out my handkerchief and offered it. 

"Here... Your make up is losing its color," I grabbed her hand and placed it down on her hand. "Hmph, I don't need it," Helena almost tossed it away, but I stopped her hand before she did. 

"You need it," I knelt down on the ground, and I wiped her tears from her. "Hmph, hmmmph," Helena kept avoiding my gaze in a bad mood, but fortunately, she didn't resist my action. 

"Ms. Helena, you were right, okay? You were right. I shouldn't get too attach with her. But don't get too jelly with a child. She's just a child. And also, why are you crying anyway?" I sincerely seek for an answer. We're not in relationship, but she overreacted. "Hmph, you're too dense," Helena muttered aside. 

"Huh? What did you say?" I gestured a hand on my ears. "You're too dense to realize!" barked Helena as she hit me with a light slap on my shoulder. 

"C'mon, stop getting mad. I don't really understand you at all. Why are you mad anyway? Stop crying. Your beauty is being ruined by your tears," I touched her cheeks and wiped her tears again. She closed her eyes without saying anything until I finished cleaning it up. "Good, it's done. Don't cry anymore."

I signaled Baku to hand me over a bottle of water. He dropped it down on my hand.

"Here, drink this. Stop crying already," I petted her head, and to my surprise, she buried her face on my chest. "Don't move," Helena raised a finger, and she sniffed something on my shirt. 

"Hey, I don't think it is nec―" I was about to talk, but she sealed my lips with her finger. "Not a word," she demanded. 

I had no idea why she's doing this, but I was glad that this girl had finally calm down. It seemed effective.

As I was concentrating on the people who were watching us from afar, Helena raised her head up whilst looking at me. I was unaware of it since I was conscious on the audience. 

Her pupils trembled as she mesmerized my average looks. Her mouth slowly opened as she was looking directly at my lips. 

Her face flustered from neck to ears, and it was surrounded with a bunch of Aster flowers. 

"You're all mine, savior," she muttered in a low tone that only she could hear. 

3