Back to the human world
104 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How come the game is over?!" The god thundered. As if he wasn’t satisfied, he conjured the black flames in his hand and created more giant fireballs. He raised his bony hand, and the fireballs all rose in the air, looking even more dangerous and threatening.

"I will not accept this! Blood Tower! I abided by the rules and used the privilege I have as the BOSS! This game will not end unless I say so!"

The god of the underworld cannot summon his league of undead armies to the arena. Because outsiders are not allowed once the game has begun or it has ended and the participants are still in the area.

The god’s protest did not go unheard.

A familiar [Ding!] sounded, and the mechanical voice spoke from above.

[One of the requirements of the game, Acrobatics in Hell, has been met.]

A spark of bright blue light exploded in the sky, and it showed the clearance requirements Cayden noticed when the roulette’s pointer stopped at this portion.

[To clear the game, either one of the following requirements should be met:

  1. Monsters should kill the only human in the arena.
  2. The number of participants should not be more than one hundred.]

The god had his mouth hanging open.

Right, this was a roulette game. The Blood Tower will not obviously narrate the game clearance requirements because they've already been revealed.

How stupid was he?

The god squinted and carefully read each boldly written letter in the roulette.

[Acrobatics in Hell]

[Crucified in the bottomless sea]

[Drowned underneath the weeping bees]

These are the three S-class high clearance games in which trying to fight the obstacle and survive within a few hours will not guarantee survival. Most players will choose to kill each other and reduce their population in order to meet the minimum requirements, rather than trying their luck and surviving the hell.  

Just below the game titles, the two requirements revealed by the system can be seen in small letters.

But it was enough to slap the god of the underworld right where it hurts.

The god dropped his gaze on the lone human who held the two children by their cuffs.

So this was the reason the human asked for those three items. Because out of all the choices in the roulette, these three are the only rewards to be given in this game if it is cleared.

And he, the god of the underworld, was too damn stupid to agree.

The god collapsed on his throne, stumped and feeling defeated all over. Not only did he not get his revenge, but the human managed to thwart and cheat him. Twice!

His ranking even suffered a loss because of this human’s farce!

Congratulations to all players who completed the Wheel of Fortune game in World of the Reborn. You have now earned the gate pass to cross the World of the Afterlife.]

As the voice of the system fell, everyone’s vision started to blur. The two children in Cayden’s arms collapsed wordlessly.

Of course, Cayden is also affected. Before his consciousness gradually slipped away, he positioned the little boy closer to the little girl and had his arms protect her completely.

-- That’s it; boys should protect their sisters, not the other way around.

At this point, the god did not give up hurling accusations and threatening him. The god’s voice was still ringing in Cayden’s ears.

"I will never forget this! Mark my words, human. I will find your soul! If you die again, I will make sure there will be no salvation for you! You’re going to burn forever in my kingdom!"

-- I already died. I'm not going to be a fool and die again, stupid.

A mechanical voice came into Cayden’s eyes just as everything went black.

[Congratulations to Drifter Cayden Campbell! You are now the lone possessor of the Drifter’s Clock and have managed to pass the game of the World of Reborn.]

[In a few seconds, you'll be transported back to the human world on July 7, 2016.]

[While in the process, allow me to explain the rules revolving around the Drifter’s Clock.]

[1. You can use the legendary item to rewind time whenever and wherever you want.]

[2. The exemption from rule number 1 is the time before 21:45 pm on July 7, 2016.]

"Why is that?" Cayden suddenly blurted out.

[21:45 p.m. on July 7, 2016, is the time of your rebirth. In human language, it’s the time of your birth. Birth is the start of your time; there’s no rewinding on that.]

"Okay," Cayden immediately backed off. He figured he should not get on the Dark Tower’s bad side. Gather information first before he stirs up more problems later.

[3. The shortest time you can rewind is 1 minute, in which you have to pay 10 points to activate.]

[4. Depending on the situation, the number of rewinds in a given timeframe may be limited. Please do not force the item to go beyond the limit or you will suffer the consequences.]

[Upon your arrival, please check your system panel for your updated character chart and mission.]

"Alright."

….

When Cayden opened his eyes, the buzz of the city immediately exploded in his ears. The neon lights of the city almost blinded his eyes. The world around him is bursting with human activity.

There was a group of high school kids laughing and putting their arms around each other just to stand up straight and walk without collapsing on the sidewalk. A thick cloud of cigarette smoke hovered around them, and this put a frown on any passerby they came across on the street.

One middle aged man even shoved the high school boy aside, making them almost stumble to the side railings.

"Get out of my way, kid." It was obvious the middle aged man was drunk. But because of how they almost crashed, the group of kids were annoyed.

Cayden was about to leave the place when he heard the familiar voice.

"What’s your problem, old man?!"

Cayden stopped walking on the spot, stunned.

…. Peter?!

 

The author has something to say:

Siblings: *waking up* *not knowing where they are currently * Mister?!!! Mister, where are you?! You said you are going to adopt us, why did you leave us behind?!
Cayden: I did not promise anything. Learn to grow up and survive by yourself. *whisper to oneself* Besides, I'm too young to be a father.
Also Cayden: I hope those two are okay. They should not be having any difficulties right? *secretly worried but dare not admit it*

Author: I don't have update schedule. (⇀‸↼‶)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚ I go to school at noon, work at night, and sleep in the morning HAHA XD. So I apologize when I skip updates for days. Very busy. I will try to update more often this Christmas since I am about to lose my job LOL.

You can support me in Tapas thru ink or my ko-fi hehe thank you ~

 

2