Team ranking (4)
22 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Killing a mass murderer," Peter said casually. Then without any hesitation, Peter climbed the water tank's rusty stairs. He swallowed down the vomit threatening to come out of his throat.

When he reached the top, he looked at Cayden before glancing at the side of the water tank. Cayden's thoughts stilled.

Peter, he…

The thought did not finish when the door leading to the rooftop rattled. Some heavy object pounced on it, causing parts of the metal door to deform.

BOOM!

After the loud thud, a high pitched voice greeted behind the door.

"Hello, cuties!~" It was the hooded young man.

Peter and Cayden immediately reacted. Peter sunk into the shadows in the water tank while Cayden hid behind the wall just beside the water tank. The two are sure that person behind the door is the bulky man.

Earlier, Cayden used one of the metal pipes to barricade the metal door handle. Now, he wasn't confident enough that metal pipe would be able to hold out after taking a few more hits.

BOOM!

The door finally gave in and opened with a bang. The two players came inside and scanned the dark rooftop. No one is in sight. The hooded young man nodded to his companion and took separate paths.

The bulky man headed to the right, where the water tank was. The hooded young man trotted to the left.

"Cuties, come now, don't hide~" The hooded young man's high pitched voice made it seem as if they were ten or eleven year old kids playing hide and seek in the middle of the night.

Cayden caught a glimpse of the Team ranking and gritted his teeth. These people…

They really leave Cayden and Peter to the last.

Player Count: 4

Remaining Team: 2

Team ranking:

1. N202 – 192 points

2. N2025 – 8 points

Even if the hooded young man and the bulky man have all the points, they did not carry any flags or headbands from other players. The bulky man had the headband tied to his forehead, while the hooded young man held the flag within his palm. He had it wrapped around his knuckles.

"Cuties, stop hiding and come out. Promise we won't hurt you ~"

Cayden stood very still behind the wall and did not dare to make a sound. His mind started to spin. In his previous life, right after the Dark Tower announced its death sentence of killing everyone off, he and Peter were put into the 'Extreme Difficult' survival game'.

The two barely managed to survive by hiding and running away from monsters. If there was an advantage to that Extreme Difficult Survival Game, it's the fact that they don't need to face any human players or monsters and confront them. They just need to run away.

Cayden used what Jayson told him three years ago to appear in this 'Normal' survival game. How he and his sister managed to survive by battling against other humans.

His quick minded thinking only thought up this place because out of locations within the area, only this alley has the 'Normal' mode.

"The battle took place in the Uptown Center."

The Uptown Center is the spot where Cayden and Peter are currently at.

"That was our second game in 'Normal' mode. It wasn't that terrible. At least all we need to face are other criminals and thugs living in that filthy street, unlike you guys who witnessed things beyond horror itself back then." Jayson's tone sounds so gloomy that what used to be a merry gathering at a small pub table suddenly becomes tense.

Cayden still remembers that night…. As if the faces of his team were deeply engraved in his memory.

And also Peter's psychotic look as he lost his mind after learning the truth about what happened to his mother.

"Boo!"

The voice of the hooded young man utterly surprised Cayden and Peter.

Cayden jolted. Luckily, the wall he was hiding in was at the corner of the roof, not obviously visible to the two newcomers. Still, Cayden's heart missed a beat. For a second, he thought the hooded young man had found him in his hiding spot.

But it dawned on Cayden after the words, "Found you, little cutie," came out of the hooded young man's mouth.

Peter's hideout was exposed.

Before he could react, a sound of a gun exploding broke the silence on the still roof. The person who fired the gun is the hooded young man. Peter dodged his head in time and loosed the rope he had prepared earlier.

The rope had a loose noose that immediately tightened itself around the bulky man's neck.

"Ahh, this loser -" The hooded young man pointed his gun toward Peter and fired again. But by this time, Cayden had already rushed over and picked up a brick from the side to smash the hooded young man's nape.

Blood immediately soaked the brick. The burly man was lifted off his feet by an inch.

Cayden used every ounce of strength present in his body to deliver that brick to the hooded young man's head to knock him out. But who could have thought the young man was unfazed. He looked over his shoulder, tilted his head, and wore a huge creepy grin.

"Another loser showed himself!" The hood from the young man's head came off because of Cayden's sneak attack.

Under the faint red light from the black hole above, Cayden could see the features of a young man with dozens of piercings in his eyebrows, ears, lips, and nose. The young man's sharp brows and unusually bulging eyes looked at Cayden as if he was a little chicken he was about to boil for lunch.

At such a close distance, the young man swayed his other arm and struck.

Cayden vaguely felt numbness and pain as a sharp blade struck his stomach. His breath was hitched at his throat when the young man chuckled, pulled out the blade slightly, and thrust it back again.

This time, he aimed for the vital part and twisted the blade in back and forth motion.

2