Survival Games
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Above them, the faint red light started to shot down violent lightning to the above ground. Both Cayden and Peter instinctively flinched. They crouched behind the wall of the rooftop.

They waited for a few minutes before the lightning stopped pouring down. When they got out, they witnessed a transparent barrier separating areas in the city. Noises they did not hear earlier are now exploding in their ears.

Screams for mercy.

And horrible roars of something inhuman.

Peter could not help but feel his skin crawl. But Cayden was calm, the only change in his expression is his narrowed eyes. The different game areas have been set. Cayden's eyes glided into the city square.

That area is where the danger is at its peakest. The Difficulty mode will kill thousands of people. If the three games for Difficulty mode and five games for Normal mode has been completed, that's when the last and final game will commence.

The last Earth's game of survival, the 'Extreme Difficult' mode.

If one thinks about it, this really contradict with what the Dark Tower announces earlier tonight. The Dark Tower rules in choosing human survivors is in the basis that either of the three clearances are obtained.

Number one, five games under Normal mode were cleared. Two, three games under Extreme Difficult mode are cleared. Lastly, one game under Extreme Difficult mode was cleared. If players managed to achieved either of these requirements, they are welcome to enter the Dark Tower.

But…

In Cayden's experience, that's not what happen. He, along with Peter, barely managed to survive the Difficult mode in the city square. When they finally finish the game and managed to live through it, they are subjected to suffer for the last final game, the 'Extreme Difficult' mode.

Thinking back, why did that happen? Why is the Dark Tower's instructions so different with the reality Cayden experience before?

When Cayden entered the Dark Tower, he finally understand the reason behind it. 

It's all because of the 'hunters'. As they claimed, they are the referees, guardians and the overseers of the games. They decide the rules and bend it as they like. As long as they saw that the performers can do well with that kind of setting, they won't hesitate to change it.

For example, right at this moment.

Cayden can guess the bloody situation happening inside the city square. The violence and thrill of to kill and being killed, will excite the hunters more. They will gather those they 'favored' and have them face off with other survivors for the last game.

That was the 'Extreme Difficult' game.

The Dark Tower clearly instructed the survival games will take place within ten days. So… these 'hunters' will not hesitate to put the 'Extreme Difficult' game in place on the first day and stretch it on for ten days.

So that whoever survives will enter the Dark Tower.

Right after the lightning ceased, the red light from above merged with the clouds and has encased the whole world in blood red sky with slight puff of clouds. Amidst the tall buildings, Cayden and Peter can see dark irregular shadows moving on top of the buildings.

From afar, they look like small oversized eggs but Cayden knew they are a lot bigger. These 'things' were standing completely still, as if they are waiting to be hatched.

"What was that?" Peter scrunched up to take a good look at these new 'things' he saw for the first time.

Cayden patted him. "I don't know…."

At once, Cayden felt someone's stare drilling at his back. He immediately took Peter's arm and drag him out off the rooftop.

"Let's leave,"

[Ding!]

[Game of hunting thieves winners please evacuate the game area and go to district 26 for the Game of Truth or Kill.]

[You must reach the destination within 5 minutes or you're admission will expire and you will be transferred to the Difficult mode game in which your clearance for the previous game will be considered as void.]

Both Peter and Cayden read the understood the prompt. Peter's face considerably paled. Cayden immediately speed up and reach the first floor within 2 minutes.

"This is fucking insane!!!!" Peter screamed as they reach the building's door. He volunteered to kick the metal door down and the thick smell of blood, as well as the bloody sight of dead bodies revealed itself to them.

"Those aliens won't get away with this! I swear to god if I see those ugly alligator masks again I will rip it off and feed it to the dogs!" Peter started cursing as they run.

And because he was busy rolling his mouth, he did not see the decapitated leg sitting in the middle of the road. His feet accidentally step on it. Who knew who did it, but clearly, the bone inside the leg was removed. Leaving the skin, tissues, muscles and blood inside.

With a soft squish the blood sprayed all over Peter's pants. Some even reach his shirt.

"Who the fuck –!" Peter could not finish what he wanted to say. Cayden rush to silence him by covering his mouth.

[Ding!]

[You have reached district 26, the Game Truth or Kill has been triggered.]

[Twenty players have been registered.]

[The game's mission: Find the safe zone and tell one truth about yourself.]

What was standing in front of them is a three meter tall man soaked with red blood. He held huge iron chains and a metal ball with sharp spikes circling it. Following him are a group of people with filthy appearances. Their hairs are soaked with filth and mud, even their clothes are dirty.

But in this group, the smell of blood was strong.

Cayden counted them off and a total of eighteen people were following the tall man. His iron chains were tied in these people's feet.

"Ah, late comers. I begin to worry." Cayden and Peter have to look up to see the giant man's face. His hair was long and bushy, his face was completely covered in it but it could not hide the purple snake eyes staring intently at the two.

0