Game of truth or kill
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cayden considerably narrowed his eyes.

This man is here.

If Cayden is right, the Beastskin that the Dark Tower chose to become the BOSS of the survival games has been sent out to the different game areas.

As he pondered over what to do, he felt the chains of the three meter tall man clamped down on his two wrists. Peter was also chained down and was taken aback. He hurriedly retreated and scowled at the man.

But the three-meter tall man did not notice his hostility and raised the metal spike he was holding. The chains dangled at his actions, making a loud clack clack noise.

"Hmm, one, two, three, five…fifteen…. Twenty. Alright, my humans are complete. Why don't we go and relax at my hideout, eh?" The purple snake eyes slit narrowed slightly and flashed on everyone's faces.

Instantly, the nineteen people, including Peter, were petrified. They caught sight of the man's abnormal eyes. And as if to rejoice at their obvious fears, the man even slammed the metal spikes into the ground, right where a dead body was lying without a head.

Purple light shimmered faintly. Then everyone watched with bated breath as the bones of that dead body were extracted using one thorn of the metal spike.

The women in the group screamed at the top of their lungs, but no one stepped forward to comfort them. Even the men could not help but vomit on the spot at the sight of internal organs gushing out with blood being squeezed like lemon juice.

Peter could not help but be disgusted. He bent over and vomit on the side. His knees started to weaken at the sight. Cayden noticed his discomfort. He wanted to step forward and comfort Peter but stopped the impulse to do so.

Because he knew the 'hunters' had withdrawn and gathered around in their secret meeting space. The names of the humans they have provided 'support' with will be those people who have a great advantage in 'Extreme Difficult' mode. 

Boost in strength, agility, and fighting skills – everything in their physical abilities will be upgraded. Their skin will be as tough as rubber. Their speed will be as fast as leopards. Their sheer strength will be tripled. This kind of boost is unfair to other humans, but 'hunters' wanted entertainment.

They wanted blood. Hence, they usually choose selfish and ruthless people who will laugh at the sight of other people's dead bodies. Not only because they are the perfect killing machine, but they are also the most willing puppets.

These types of people will not know that they signed up their souls to the low level devil of the entrance games. They will also not know they won't get past the fifth floor. They will be killed by the 'hunters' they willingly trusted, and their souls will be the 'hunters' slaves for eternity.

This is also the main reason why Cayden tries not to stand out much. He did not blindly kill other players because it would attract the hunters' attention. He forced Peter to run away and hide with him in the game earlier because he did not want Peter to be deceived by these liars.

Besides, Cayden needed to act like a scared and silly seventeen year old teenager.

Initially, Cayden was worried that his action at the end of the first game somehow attracted unwanted attention. But it didn't. On the contrary, the six hunters were utterly disappointed with the result of the game.

No one noticed that at the back of Cayden's ears, a golden tattoo of a clock suddenly appeared. It glowed faintly per second. And through it, Cayden could tap on the communication terminal of 'hunters' and eavesdrop on their conversation.

[Curses! I lost!!!]

At that moment, Cayden directed the Drifter's Clock to tap on the six hunters' communication terminal to listen to their evaluation of the games' results. It wasn't crucial for the following games, but Cayden wanted to be cautious.

Peter and he must not enter the hunters' eyes.

[I thought team N202 would win! They are leading the ranking but those useless humans actually lost? Now what am I going to do with my 10,000 points?]

[Those trash could not even do their job properly. To think I actually invested 5,000 points to give them those weapons, but they still lose to two puny kids?]

[Stop complaining! You're not the only one who lost fuck it! After that snake beast is done with those two brats, I will take his blood and sprinkle it on the two for the third round!]

[Shit, bro, that's fucking awesome! Should we kill the snake beast, then? His blood will surely attract those Niela beasts and pursue those two kids at the ends of the game borders! HAHAHA]

Cayden: "..."

Cayden still wanted to eavesdrop, but the Drifter's Clock warning notification disturbed his concentration.

[You only have 30 seconds free use for 'Telepathy skill'. Exceeding one second will incur charges of 1 point per minute.]

[Drifter Cayden Campbell currently has -100 points balance. Please pay up your debt before exceeding the skill's time limit.]

Cayden reluctantly turned off the Drifter's Clock 'Telepathy skill' and glanced gloomily at the sky.

Above them, the sound of the drumming rolls they heard before erupted again. Announcing that the first round of games is over. It was now time for the second round. Incoherent words started to appear from pop up screens above their heads.

[Players who have yet to reach the location for the next game will be eliminated in 60 seconds.]

[59:09]

[57:32]

The huge countdown was displayed in different game areas. Putting immense pressure on those humans who are too scared to undergo the survival games.

The three meter tall man with purple slit eyes happily drags his twenty humans into a commercial building to the left. He stop once in a while to slam his metal spike to every dead body in the ground and extract their bones.

Then he brought those bones to his mouth and munched them with gusto. This action scared all of them. One woman could not take it any longer and collapsed on the spot.

 

 

1