Game of truth or kill (2)
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man, or should Cayden refer him as the Alpha Snake Beast, actually belong to a small tribe of Snake Beastkin that thrive in the northern freezing region of the Beast realm. In the northern region, they are at the middle top of the food chain.

They are not the strongest but definitely the most nastiest one.

They do not eat the meat and flesh of other animals but rejoice at the feast of bones. And like the 'hunters' told earlier, their blood are useful, especially attracting all kinds of animals. The Snake Beastkin do not have strong body components but they are extremely shrewd and can be considered one of the intelligent Beastkin out there.

Their traps in catching other animals who smelled their blood are difficult to escape from. Once trapped, there's no guarantee that you can get out of it alive.

And those hunters….

Cayden glanced gloomily at the sky. He stared at the giant egg shape lumps in the high buildings. If what was inside are the same Niela beasts and the hunters plan to use the Alpha Snake Beast's blood to make them the most attractive prey… then the next game will be worse than hell.

Cayden absentmindedly played with the chains on his wrists. The commercial building they are in is dilapidated. The exterior is obviously under construction but judging by the rusts in metal pipes, it seems the construction of this building was abandon halfway. 

At this moment, the total number of players who came inside the building is nineteen. The woman who fainted earlier was killed by the Alpha Snake Beast directly. And while he gnawed on her bones, he turned to face the nineteen humans with small bone protruding between his teeth.

"You humans are so fragile….. Try to keep up okay? I want to eat you all slowly but how can I savor the delicacy if you seek death early on?"

The faces of everyone noticeably paled at his words.

The Alpha Snake Beast smiled in satisfaction after he saw their scared faces and stiff bodies. He step forward and opened the door of the commercial building. A bright white light shimmered, coming from the inside.

Peter and the rest squinted their eyes. Everyone was unwilling to go in, but because of the chains in their wrists, no one can escape from the Alpha Snake Beast.

As they got nearer, the light became unbearable and everyone had to close their eyes to avoid being blinded. All they could hear in the background are the sharp dragging noise of chains and the heavy footsteps of the Alpha Snake Beast dragging them to hell.

After a few seconds, the white light gradually disappeared. The group of nineteen people finally saw the scene in front of them.

The surrounding area is not the interior of the commercial building. Standing in front of them, is a small stage with a huge chair made out of a hard trunk carved out from trees.

Or so it seems.

It wasn't until many pair of slit yellow eyes that blink did they know that the chair is actually composed of snakes with long hard bodies intertwined!

Everyone backed away in fear. But the area only revealed the stage, not the area where they are standing. Because of the white light blurring their surrounding, everyone's fear rose significantly.

Soft whimpers echoed and everyone could barely stand on their own feet. Above the stage, a number 19 showed in purple light.

Everyone was still in chains, but the Alpha Snake Beast left them alone and climb on the stage. As soon as he sat, the white light blurring the surrounding instantly disappeared.

Cayden's eyes narrowed. Peter, who had been strangely quiet since their trip, finally reacted and rub his two pair of eyes vigorously.

A huge monopoly game map was revealed in front of everyone's eyes.

The stage was at the center of the map. There were 100 squares, with each square one meter long. The edges of the squares have white light glowing on them. And Cayden could swear it wasn't his imagination when there are many pairs of eyes and slithering figures gliding along on some of the edges.

"Now, now fragile humans. Let's all play a game that you love so much!" The Alpha Snake Beast who was seated on his throne of snakes, stretch out his hand. With a snap, the chains on their wrists collapse.

Now, everyone could freely move. One of the young man in the group, vigilantly approached the stage. But seeing the snakes surrounding the Alpha Snake Beast, he dared not to step closer. Cayden and the others were confused what he was about to do.

Then a sharp glint was caught by the white light. The young man showed a crazed grin and he jump towards the Alpha Snake Beast. Cayden immediately recognized the knife that the young man is holding is identical to the knife of that hooded young man he killed earlier.

Huh….

"No, don't!" Someone from the group shouted. Cayden glanced to his side and saw a young girl staggering at her feet. Her face was pale white as she watch the young man charged straight towards the Alpha Snake Beast.

But the young man did not listen to her words. He leap high in the air and held the knife using both hands above his head.

"DIEEEE!!!!" The young man screamed.

The Alpha Snake Beast acted as if he did not saw the young man attacking him. And just as when the young man is a few inches away, a giant snake sprang out from the throne behind the Alpha Snake Beast and swallowed the young man whole.

"AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!" The young girl screamed at the top of her lungs.

The giant snake, whose color is as dark as a tree trunk, had bright red blood trickling on the side of its mouth. The Alpha Snake Beast did not even glance as he said,

"Leave the bones for me."

The giant snake obeyed. And after a few crunch and munch, it spit out the bones of the young man in the Alpha Snake Beast's feet.

1