Chapter – 23 : The Church
506 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Its the start of the moth and you can read 5 chapters in advance on patron and see all the beautiful illustrations of Yui and Airi on my patron page - https://www.patreon.com/asdark

 

Chapter – 23

The Church

 

KNOCK…KNOCK. KNOCK….

 

The next morning Yui and Airi woke up to a knock on their door.

 

"Someone's there?" Airi said rubbing her eyes and fixing her hair. She tries to put on her clothes but it was taking time to wrap them properly around her chest and put all the buttons together without forcing her hands.

 

The modern days' clothes were much easier to put on, but these required care and were dresses made for nobles and aristocrats of this world.

 

Yui swiftly gets out of her bed and actively puts on her clothes and answers the doors.

 

"Yes," Yui asked finding the girl Andri at her doorstep.

 

"The food's ready. And because it would get cold I thought to remind you for once." Andri said as she peeked in the room with piqued interest only to find Airi wrapped up in clothes.

 

She looked a bit infatuated by her two customers and Airi for a moment suspected she might have heard them in the night. But admonished the idea when Andri left without asking any questions about it.

 

“Ah! That was close. I almost thought we were found out.” Yui heaved a sigh of relief.

 

“Is that really a problem for you? Do you mind our live-in relationship for now?” Airi asked uptight as she found herself still entangled with hooking her bra and tying the dress's threads on the back.

 

“No. But you said yourself before that this is a strange world and we do not know what people might think of us here. And even if anything happens I am ready to live alone by your side in the forests if I have to.” Yui triumphantly said as she went to Airi’s back and help her wear her dress properly.

 

“I still remember making love with you in the cave on our first day in this new world. it was so wonderful after we came back alive from the fire in the love hotel.”

 

“And I want to do it every day. ~ CHUUU~CHU….~CHUUUU.” Airi lovingly kisses Yui by turning her head back and Yui in turn responded to her sudden emotions by doing the same.

 

For a few minutes, they held on to each other in arms preparing for their first time in this another world town.

 

The two came down the stairs after freshening up. The inn’s dining space was almost empty.

 

Only Andri was waiting for the two of them with our food.

 

“Enjoy your meal.” Andri said as she hummed around and went to the reception. She was really a sweet young girl and Yui and Airi started to adore her.

 

The food was mashed potatoes, vegetable corn soup, bread, and some kind of sweet balls made by boiling sugar and mixing other ingredients of this world.

 

Either way, the food was tasty and Yui and Airi had no complaints but only praises for it. Such exquisitely baked bread in clay ovens could only have been found in another world only.

 

Airi and Yui head to the inn reception to ask for the directions of the church the two were last night talking about.

 

“Andri, can you tell us the way to the church in this town is?” Airi asked.

 

“Yes, Mia told me about your friend’s injury and I do think only a priest or saintess’s holy magic powers would be the best treatment.”

 

“Did you hear that, Yui?” Airi on hearing Andri’s approval was elated.

 

“Yeah let’s head there right now.” Yui felt it was finally time for Airi would feel relieved from her guilt after her wounds would be healed by magic.

 

“If yesterday you went to the adventurer’s guild, all you need to do next is travel straight and the topmost building on the hill would be the central church of this town.” Andri smiled at the mention of this place.

 

“Is this place really that great? Are there any specific gods worshipped there.” Airi asked as everyone who mentioned the church would have lit-up faces.

 

“Why, it’s the goddess of love ⸺ Wilona. You will know when you see it.” Andri for more reference drew a small rough map on a sheet of paper for Airi for reference.

 

“Andri do you know where Mia is. Is she still in her room?” Yui asked looking around. She wanted to wish Mia good morning.

 

“Not at all. Rather she left early this morning and did not even eat her food.”

 

“She is an early riser. I see.” Airi considered that this was the time when people left to do their job.

 

“Well, she is an active girl I will give you that,” Andri said looking down.

 

“Is something troubling you?” Yui asked who was much more prone to grasping others’ emotions.

 

“Actually, till now, Mia had been searching for party members to join for raiding dungeons. And I am happy that she had finally found one after a lot of struggle. But these people I have heard bad rumours about them. And Mia is always bruised and tired after working for them.” Andri said apprehensively, her voice containing anger.

 

“But isn’t Mia a beast human? She should be strong at least.” Airi wanted to know more about the situation since her party members were the ones to escort her and she got the same evil vibes from them.

 

“Mia is still young and while being a demi-human makes her strong. All demi-human possess a beast-transformation ability which is very necessary to be an adventurer. But for some reason, Mia cannot use that of her own.”

 

“I feel sorry for her. We would try to help in any way we can.” Yui promised Andri.

 

“I am glad Mia chose you as friends otherwise she is not as open but is quite reclusive.” Andri was also a little girl but she was very thoughtful of others' safety.

 

“Yes, we are very much grateful to her for helping us out in this foreign land.”

 

“You two are travellers. I would like to hear more about your place.” Andri started guessing what they had in their country from the little description Yui and Airi together gave to her. Making sure they do not sound too suspicious they made it short and match the era of this world.

 

But Andri turned out to be curious and after finally filling in on her curiosity they left the inn to head to the church.

 

***

{Next Chapter : The Priestess }

 

Support me on Patreon and enjoy these benefits - https://www.patreon.com/asdark

18