Chapter – 26 : The Truth
624 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter – 26

The Truth

 

Yui and Airi were still unaware of the real reason for which Goddess Wilona had summoned them. And now was the time they learned the truth of why they still exist in this new world.

 

As for whether the goddess was speaking the truth or not, the two were certain that she meant no harm to them in any way.

 

“Thousands of years ago I tried to lay claim to this world, but other Gods did not take to this fact likely. While they insinuated the people of the world to rally against me, my faithful followers stood their ground and clashed swords. As such a great long battle gained momentum which engulfed the whole world in its flames. Unfortunately, my people lost, and I sacrificed my independence as a price and was trapped here by other Gods.”

 

“How could they do this to you?” Yui did not sit quietly and impulsively asked.

 

“I have big ambitions to bring the world together under one blessing. But if my imprisonment allowed the survival of my followers after battle then I gladly accepted it. I have no regrets. But now…” the goddess stopped speaking as if she had lost her voice.

 

“The Gods who stood in your way are now quarreling among themselves for the same position you once held. Am I right?” Airi as if was able to read the Goddess’s mind and deciphered her later words.

 

“That is indeed true. And so, a much bigger battle is about to come which I am afraid would destroy this world. It would have been fine as long as the people of this world kept fighting for their own land, nations, and families. But other Gods decided to summon heroes from your world.”

 

“So, you summoned us to fight your wars?” Yui asks shocked. She did not expect such a scenario to take place.

 

“I don’t think that’s the complete truth Yui. Let us listen to the Goddess first.” Airi puts her hand on Yui’s shoulder to make her stop. While Airi showed calmness, she felt unsettled from inside too.

 

The goddess sighed as she felt relieved when Airi allowed her to continue to speak and explain in detail further.

 

“That was never my intention to bring you two in this world for such foolish squabbles. While it is true that the people of this world are vulnerable to a hero’s power. I never planned to participate in the war directly, since my influence in the world had been reduced to null except for leaving the Aurelia kingdom where it somehow survived thanks to the Royal Family’s loyalty for generations. I have been lost in my imprisonment and then I started watching your world and then I saw you in your world and that happened…”

 

“So, when you saw us dying in the fire, you used your powers to summon us into this world.” Airi nodded and Wilona confirmed it with a single nod.

“In this imprisonment, my divine powers that I have been storing for ages were all used to summon you with new body circuits to match the environment of this world. So, I could not choose a perfect spot to land you or heal Yui’s cursed burn marks at that time. But now I am sure, they are healed to every cell and there will be no complaints.” Wilona beckoned to Yui for feedback on her pain.

 

“Now you mention it, the burning sensation has gone away.” Yui puts her hands on the back and everything was clear. “Thank you so much!” Yui said delightedly.

 

“But that doesn’t tell us what we do now?” Airi asked still not able to figure out the intentions of the goddess.

 

“This new life I gave to you, I do not want to see you wasting it on campaigning and waging foolish wars with your hero claims and even then I beg your forgiveness if you find yourselves involved in such feud battles. Nevertheless, the other Gods and heroes won’t be able to identify you as heroes from another world because you have not been summoned under command or pact. And your body has been altered to match the biology of the people of this world.” The goddess looks at Yui’s and Airi’s angelic expressions.

 

Instead of looking angry or desperate, they looked happy and she expected as much of them and felt right about saving them.

 

“Then it is decided…” Airi declared.

 

“Goddess Wilona we want to free you from your imprisonment,” Yui asked the goddess revealing Airi and her further plans.

 

“Huh…as I said before you are not obliged to do any favors for me in return. All I want for you two is to live happily as you have always wanted to do so.” Goddess Wilona was surprised by Yui and Airi’s decision.

 

“And that’s what we will do. We are free to do anything and we want to see you free and give you our thanks personally. Don’t you realize you are the only one who knows of our secrets and you are like a family to us now for caring about so much of our relationship?” Airi explained.

 

“A family…” Goddess Wilona couldn’t hold her calm expression anymore but looked stunned.

 

“Like you are our mother,” Yui said as she hugged Goddess Wilona.

 

Airi followed right behind her in a warm hug of three.

 

“Well, I guess I  would appear to be around that age now. But mother has definitely a nice ring to it and I feel happy to be your guardian in this new world and wish you a happy life. At least this should have been my responsibility from the start.” Goddess Wilona giggled, while Yui and Airi looked at her with their angelic smiles.

 

“So, tell us how we can free you and we will do everything to make it come true…. Mother.” Airi asked quickly as they separated from their hug.

 

Suddenly, Goddess Wilona started disappearing into small light particles.

 

“What’s happening?” Yui asks worriedly.

 

“I think my time’s up dear. I have used all my power to heal you up. I am sure we will meet again soon and you can come to visit me here. I will be listening to you every time and try my best to help you.”

 

“Wait! what should we do mother in the meantime?” Airi asks as her final message and directive.

 

“Get stronger learn more magic and skills. Become more powerful to acquire 5 dungeon cores with keys and then I will tell you the next final step to freeing me… Remember that I will always love you. Goodbye.” Goddess Wilona tilt her head in affirmation and a small droplet of tear from her right eye vanished with the particles of light her whole body was engulfed in a radiance that dissolved the entirety of the white room where the three were present.

 

And the whole place comes to a close like a bad dream. While Yui and Airi were pulled out of that dreamland forcibly only to find themselves in the church again while the priestess Vera stood nearby watching over them.

 

***

{ Next Chapter - Mia's trouble - Click here }

Support me on Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/asdark

21