Chapter – 27 : To The Adventurer’s Guild
505 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter – 27

To The Adventurer’s Guild

 

“I am certain we will meet again and make sure to visit me too.” Priestess Vera came out to see off Yui and Airi at the church’s gate.

 

Likewise, just like other townsfolk, she had taken a liking to the two girl’s charming nature.

 

“Yes,” Yui affirmed.

 

“I love this place and we will be visiting often,” Airi said looking around the place and feeling the good vibes of the church.

 

“May the blessings of Goddess Wilona be with you. I will pray that this kingdom ever prospers along with our Goddesses’ influence.” Vera waves her hand at Yui and Airi who were now on their way down the hill.

 

It had been evening and priestess Vera had gone to the trouble of showing them every nook and corner of the church. They enjoyed the tour and her company but it was evening already.

 

The sun was setting and they felt the need to get to the inn as soon as possible and not get into any trouble on the streets at the night.

 

On their way, Yui and Airi explored the market and grabbed things to fill their belly. They were astounded by different kinds of cuisines from herbal to all kinds of edible monsters. Like smoky salamander meat or, whether it was the rainbow mushroom grate soup.

 

“Airi wouldn’t it be soon we would run out of money,” Yui asked worriedly thinking that Airi had been enjoying a lot of cuisines here and without holding herself back . She would surely get sick if she did not control her diet.

 

“That’s correct. So, I have thought of the best course of action for us should be to become an adventurer. We will be free to do anything we want and we can continue with the mission of rescuing our mother.” Airi beckons Yui to come closer and she puts her ears to Airi’s mouth.

 

“Turns out that adventuring pays quite well if we become A rank, adventurers. All we need to do is our best.”

 

“Really. Then together we shall become the strongest adventurer.”

 

“And the richest too,” Airi added her dream to that of Yui’s.

 

“Yes. Then let’s go to the Adventurer’s guild.” Yui cheered as they raised a toast to each other with a sugar fairy stick and witch’s crafty eye-ale.

 

Yui and Airi once had already seen the adventurer guild house form far when Mia went in to trade the monster cores for them. But seeing it up close together they could only gasp at the magnificence of the building.

 

The stairs were big and several people with an adventurer’s garb roamed around. Then there were people from different species that Yui and Airi could identify as elves, beast-humans, and of course normal humans.

 

But they had their own quirks from muscular to as thin as a stick. People in knightly shining armor to those who wielded magic staffs of woods like a true magician. The two girls still couldn’t forgo the idea that they were in an another magical world and it will still take time for their common sense to adjust.

 

For general inquiry, they could see a reception place. But unfortunately, the place seemed to be crowded with adventurers talking to their receptionists and accepting quests.

 

“Where should we go Airi?” Yui asked. 

 

She could not contain her excitement to find herself a quest and complete it. Airi too was looking forward to exploring the place.

 

“That place seems to be empty.” Airi pointed to a corner of the reception table where a man alone sat down with no one to attend to.

 

“I think we have no choice. Let’s ask him.” Yui said with little excitement.

 

Rather the two girls felt a strange vibe from the man. He had a huge red scar on his face that made him look threatening. But not judging a book by its cover they decided to ask him.

 

“Excuse me, sir. But how can we two register for becoming an adventurer?”

 

The two girls were afraid that they could have received a beating or a threatening shout from the man. As he looked uninterested and then his expression became that of surprise.

 

“You two must be the travelers from the outside that came yesterday?”

 

“You know about us,” Airi asked surprised.

 

“Words travel fast in small towns. And your face does not look that of this kingdom.” The man replied calmly and so it soothed the heart of the two girls for going on their instincts to ask him.

 

“So, you came here to become adventurers?” The mana gain glanced at the two small girls and found them really delicate.

 

“Yes. We want to.” Yui answers without any pause.

 

“Well, there are really no restrictions on becoming one. But you must prove that you can continue to do your duty as an adventurer by first completing a mandatory quest.”

 

“So, there are conditions?” Airi asks.

 

“Yes. To defeat 10 horned rabbits or collect blue thorn rose. You have to complete at least one.”

 

“So, we don’t get to explore a dungeon?” Yui's hopes were shattered.

 

“Of course, that’s after you get your adventurer card. But you will have to go outside town into the forest with monsters and I would recommend you to get weapons and a basic adventurer gear.”

 

“It looks like it cannot be helped Yui we need to do this.” Airi looked at the sulking Yui who desperately wanted to go hunt monsters in the dungeon. Most probably she was getting hungry to eat the magic stones.

 

So, Airi decided to hurry up and not waste time on additional details or procedures which could be done later.

 

“Okay, mister we will see you when we will be done with our quest.”

 

“I will be looking forward to the introductions of two new adventurers to our guild.” The man smiled as he waved at the two girls leaving the place.

 

“Airi let’s quickly go to a weapon shop and get some good weapons for ourselves. I need a sword.”

 

“And I think I will be taking a magic enhancement tool if there is one.”

 

The two-girl decided to then go to the old man’s cloth shop as they could remember him selling adventurer’s gear too.

 

***

{Next Chapter : Chapter – 28 : Preparation for Our First Adventure - Click here }

Support me on Patreon it helps me a lot to continue writing the novel - https://www.patreon.com/asdark

18