Chapter – 29 : Our First Adventure
413 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Thanks to our new patron :

  • McUberStein
  •  

patreon page - https://www.patreon.com/asdark

 

Chapter – 29

Our First Adventure

 

“I see you have taken up the job of adventurers. It is great to have so many of them around.” The guard at the gate who was an acquaintance of Mia said to Yui and Airi making note of them leaving the town.

 

Usually, his job was to check people’s identification cards or warn the townspeople of the upcoming danger if he received the news.

 

“Yes, but we will be back soon,” Yui said as she was confident that her quest would end up in success.

 

“Since you are new here, I will tell you not to wander far from the place or enter deep into the forest that is reserved for high-class adventurers. Try to come back by sunset and wish you the best of luck on your journey.” The guard waved the two girls at the gate as they head out on their first quest.

 

“Airi where should we go first?” Yui asked believing Airi must have planned everything beforehand.

 

“First we complete our mission and then we explore the forest on our way home. We need to discover more about our powers and their extent after all. Are you ready?” Airi explains pointing her wand in the left direction which leads them straight into the forest.

 

“Yes, let’s go.” Yui was as usual hyped up for battle. It had been a while since she had moved her body vigorously for exercise or work out.

 

Wearing this perfectly made armor gave her the boost to overcome all the challenges of this another world.

 

It had not even been a while since they had passed a few fields that they found a bunch of horned rabbits frolicking around destroying the crops.

 

“So, they aren’t harmful to humans but destroy crops.”

 

“Clearly it won’t be much of a challenge.” Yui raises up her sword and was ready to charge at the horned rabbits before they cause further damage.

 

“I wouldn’t be so sure. They are known for moving quite fast and are sensitive to approaching danger.” Airi explains as she had read the guide and collected information all about the monster in the guild.

 

Swwwwish…

 

“What?” Yui gasps as her swing missed hitting the monster even if she knew she swung the sword properly.

 

“What did you guess? It’s a real sword you are handling for the first time. As for the rabbits their bodies are small and they can easily evade your attacks if they are obvious and easy to follow.” Airi continues to explain like a guidebook of a game.

 

“Then I will just have to make this sword my own and practice more. For now, lend me a hand at least?”

 

“Yes sure. Watch this.” Airi flailed her magic wand in the air and directed it toward the band of horned rabbits she casts her magic.

 

The earth shakes a bit and the horned rabbit starts running. But before they could escape,  high earth walls form around them. This was Airi’s magic to control things around her, the mystic eyes of a vampire. Yui remembers seeing Airi’s eyes glowing red again.

 

The horned rabbits were now trapped in a maze-like structure which Airi specifically prepared.

 

“Yui why don’t you enter the maze and defeat all the rabbits. They won’t be able to go far and you will be able to swing your sword for practice and get used to it.

 

“Thanks, Airi. But what will you be doing in the meantime?”

 

“I too need to learn magic and see what I can do with it. For now, I am trying to reproduce the magic that priestess Vera cast on you to heal you. With my mystic eyes, I  think I should be able to analyze it and make this magic my own.” Airi was as usual aiming high. And Yui had no doubt that she would be successful.

 

“Great. I will be back soon with our rewards.”

 

They wished each other best of luck and treated the mission like a learning experience in this new world.

 

Magic and swords were still new to them because they hailed from a different world where such things did not exist. For that alone, they had handled themselves quite well till now by staying together and helping each other in their times of need.

 

While Airi decided to practice her magic in peace she settled under the shade of a big tree. In between her practice, she could also hear Yui’s battle cry and her sword sometimes crashing against the wall and then the wall crumbling to the ground. While she honed on her accuracy her strength remained unsurmountable in that respect. 

 

After all her body had the making of a dragonewt in this world.

 

After half an hour Yui returned with a bag full of horned rabbit’s monster core and hands it over to Airi.

 

“There’s ten times more the number here than we required,” Airi says surprisingly looking inside the bag.

 

“I might have by mistake landed on their dwelling. There were so many of them I just could not keep count. They were good at evading but I got every last one of them.” Yui swings her sword in a fashionable way making a five-stroke combo attack.

 

“I see, you did great Yui. With this, I am sure we will be able to pass the quest exam.” Airi praised Yui which made her happy. It was quite evident from her pleased face as she liked to be praised for her deeds but only by Airi of course.

 

“Have you thought about what to do with the rest of them?” Yui asks conservatively as if she had something in mind.

 

“Of course. Why don’t you eat half of them? If goddess mother was right then you will grow strong by eating them and while the required number goes to the guild the rest we can store and use them to exchange for money.” Airi decided on the division of the fruits they had leaped by monster hunting.

 

Without wasting a second Yui quickly started crunching on the purple magic stones. Airi had already known from her looks that she was hungry after her training.

 

“They are so sweet and taste like blueberries. Would you like to have some too Airi?”

 

“I am not sure that would be to my taste.” Airi was a vampire progenitor and if she ever need her magic power to grow it would be by drinking blood. But she never intends to harm anyone or craves blood without a real reason.

 

Airi was too forming further plans to make for a perfect standing in the town and also increase their success rate at monster hunts. To grow as an adventurer and for Yui to eat strong monster’s core so that she keeps on acquiring greater strength.

 

They also knew to free their mother they had to get strong enough to explore the dungeons.

 

Within the next hour, the sun would have set and the two were growing rather hungry. They had accomplished for what they had come here today and so decided to head back now.

 

Traveling through the forest Yui collected some fruits by climbing to the top of the trees for everyone including Mia and Andri. It was their way of giving their thanks and for being helpful.

[Air and Yui new illustration comic panel - Click here ]

***

{Next Chapter : Healing Magic - Click here }

 

Support me on Patreon it helps me a lot to continue writing the novel - https://www.patreon.com/asdark

15