Chapter – 41 : Future Quests
313 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 41

Future Quests

 

After enjoying an egg toast made by Andri’s hand, the two girls left the hotel and decided to go straight to the adventurer’s guild.

 

Andri enquired both Airi and Yui about Mia leaving the hotel in hurry and also about skipping breakfast.

 

The two could only chuckle and worry and decided to talk to Mia later this night.

 

For now, they were ready in their adventurer’s gear which had been calibrated and adjusted according to their bodies.

 

“Mr. Receptionist was right with his advice This armor now feels more light and the sword which had got blunt is twice its sharpness now.” Yui complimented the mysterious receptionist who oversees their quest and manages them.

 

“Yes, I am sure we can learn a lot through him. But we still don’t know his real name?” Airi too was glad that a responsible man was their handler for the quests. That only meant they would have safer adventures and greater rewards and promotions.

 

“Then let’s make sure we ask him directly this time and get to know him better,” Yui added.

 

After walking for a few distances, Yui felt weird all of a sudden.

 

“Airi, people are looking at us again.” Yui looked around in the market and could not help but notice that people used to gather to look at them. They did not have disdainful looks or stares that got wary of them, but were better described as curious.

 

“Of course, they will. We are foreigners here so we are going to attract attention. Until we get close to the people here and achieve something big we won’t be easily accepted.” Airi agreed and together they walked hand in hand.

 

It was not completely a new situation for them. Even in school and outside; their classmates and other people would always end up staring at them because they were beautiful and the two were the stars of their class. Only that they didn’t know about their intimate relationship they were worshipped as perfect idol girls.

 

Here too there was no doubt they attracted a crowd because of their beautiful appearances till the moment they entered the guild. But as soon as they reached the lonely counter of Mr. Receptionist those staring people would stop looking at them.

 

That was another reason they liked going there.

 

“Good morning.” The two girls wished him together.

 

“Good morning girls. Are you ready to take on the quests for today?” the man greeted them and for that, he was already thoroughly prepared this morning.

 

“So, what it is going to be this time? I can’t wait to explore the dungeon.” Yui was excited to know how they were progressing so far in the ranks.

 

Till now they are still E-rank adventurers. Meaning they were in a training period to gain experience.

 

Rank D which was the minimum requirement to enter the dungeon with limitations to only the first three-floor exploration and the condition of entering with a party.

 

For the lowest danger-rated escort mission at least one of the party members needed to be C rank. That was Yui and Airi's goal for now.

 

“You shouldn’t get overworked. I am making sure that you progress according to your outstanding capabilities.”

 

“Is it to prepare us for the escort mission,” Airi asked as if this should have been an obvious fact.

 

“You are a sharp one. So, I will tell you. Since this has been certified directly by the royal mage association of the capital, we want you to be fully trained and ready to escort their representative back. It is also to keep this information limited otherwise evil organizations might try to steal it from us.”

 

“I never realized it was that important a herb?” Yui looked at Alicia with an indefinite look.

 

“It is one of the rarest herbs and the medicine extracted can cure any wound, disease, or curses even. So, we are really grateful that you are following the deal. Do tell me in case you need to know something.” Mr, Receptionist today felt like revealing more information than he usually lets slide.

 

Airi and Yui looked at each other and they knew what they wanted to know now; making the confident Receptionist a bit worried.

 

“Then we would like to know your name. You still haven’t revealed it to us.” Air and Yui together smiled at him.

 

The receptionist laughed. The scar on his face could not shadow his character's intense radiance as a brilliant man.

 

“Sure, my name is Egil Claus. Glad to meet you Yui and Airi.”

 

“We are also very happy that Mr. Egil is our receptionist.”

 

For a second Egil was surprised by such a pleasant greeting as if she was expecting a different reaction. But with an understanding look on his face, he was back to his usual self.

 

“Then let’s not waste time any further and I will give your directives for today’s quest. For you to be promoted as quickly as possible I have assigned you two quests. But you are still free to focus on only one and then proceed to the other quest only after accomplishing the first mission.”

 

Airi and Yui gulped as they had never seen Mr. Egil, so serious and pompous while assigning them quests.

 

Now, they were delirious to know the difficulty and the particulars of the quest, most of all the surprise waiting for them this time.

 

***

 

  • Read 5 chapters in advance on Patreon
  • Beautiful and cute illustrations of Yui and Airi
  • Read my other 2 novels - Picking up Beautiful Girls in a zombie apocalypse
    Support me on Patreon it helps me a lot to continue writing the novel - https://www.patreon.com/asdark

9