CHAPTER – 47 : CLASH WITH THE GOBLINS
296 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 47

CLASH WITH THE GOBLINS

 

Yui swings her sword with elegance and pierces through the defense line of goblins that they had formed in the little time they had to resist.

Yui, Airi, and the white beast had stormed the place and without the goblins having any inkling of it they were taken by surprise.

But perhaps because of their large number, Airi and Yui were facing big trouble. Even though with Yui’s sharp instincts and flailing her sword chipping down the number of enemies.

And Airi with her long-range magic attacks, she crushed the goblins under the huge rock boulders scattered in the cave.

THUMP…THUMP…

The ground kept on cracking as she turned them into a pile of smashed flesh and blood on the ground.

The goblins were monsters and they possessed no fear so they continued pushing Airi and Yui back cornering them with their huge numbers.

“Airi I can’t concentrate. They are coming from everywhere.” Yui warns as she strikes down her sword and cut two goblins in half in one blow. She was immediately attacked by four more on either side.

So, she had to go on the defense.

Airi too had her hands full making sure a large group does not approach them or they do not get surrounded by goblins.

For now, these goblins were only using branches, a few of them had arrows, spears, or machetes.

Airi and Yui could not make some big moves otherwise the cave might crash in on them and they wanted the place intact to make it their hideout.

“There is no choice we have to continue like this for a while. I am sure they will soon dry out in numbers.” Airi looked unsure as she knew this plan had no guarantee.

“Yes. Alright. I will give it my all.” Yui cheered herself as she knew that there were times they just had to persevere to win. She had always trained hard and pushed herself further in order to grow and win at every sport and to shine in her own way in front of Airi.

And even now when Airi looked at her she was shining brilliantly which always filled her with new energy and excitement.

Making up her own mind she decides to use her own magic even though it could have a bad effect on her, even worse, her vampiric instincts could take over increasing her bloodlust.

Suddenly the white beast who had assumed the sidelines for safety and could do little in regard against the goblin jumped into the middle of the battleground.

Using its unique ability to form shadow clones and started distracting the minds of goblins.

The goblins who found themselves surrounded by hundreds of white beast’s illusions were overwhelmed and disbanded.

A single turn away and both Yui and Airi without missing a chance severed the enemy’s head.

“Good work little beast.” Yui appreciated the vast help.

“I guess we all three are finally working as a good team.”   Airi too felt happy about such a turn of events because it brought them closer and improved their understanding of each other.

Just when things had started looking optimistic, firelight lances launched at them from above.

Yui who felt the heat before jumped towards Airi and protected her by dodging the fire lance and also pushed her out of the way.

But unfortunately, a cry shuddered their hearts.

“Kiyaaa……” it was their new white beast friend that had taken a direct hit from the many fire lances. While crying it fell on the ground.

Its illusion vanished and from the burnt wound blood oozed out.

“Airi look on the top of the ridge… I didn’t know goblins could use magic too.” Yui exclaimed as she pointed toward a high-ground ledge that did not exist previously otherwise Airi would have considered the chance of a surprise attack.

Most probably that high ground was formed by earth magic.

But Airi did not care for the details as she ran towards the white beast.

With care and precision, she plucked away the burning lance from its chest even though it burnt her palm in the process.

“Cast: Heal.”

“Cast: H…heal….” ”Cast : Heal….” Repeatedly chanting the heal spell.

Airi tried her best to bring the best back to life. But even with the wound now closed it had already lost a lot of blood.

The white beast looked at Airi with appreciative eyes for worrying about it even though it was a monster.

Just then Airi remembered the goddess telling her that she had a secret power that could help others. For a vampire, their blood is most important and symbolize their control.

It is also their source of supreme power.

If it was an untamed beast, then maybe she could offer it her little blood and make it her own familiar and share a part of her energy to heal him.

Airi without wasting a moment makes a decision she didn’t want to regret about and places her arm-wrist in the beast’s hands and closes her eyes.

As the beast understood her heart’s voice and accepts her kind offer. Submitting to Airi it bites into her arm with its last strength.

“Airi what are you doing?” Yui who had little to no idea did not understand this irrational act and runs to their aid too after killing the goblins in her way.

“Ahhh…” Airi feels the little pain of being bit but gently the fangs of the beast dugs into her body. Even the beast was attracted to the softness of Airi’s body.

Just as the beast drank a little of Airi’s blood, unexpected to both. A faint light began to radiate from its body, and now it emits a bright white light that clouded everyone’s view except for Airi and Yui that saw the miracle then happen.

***

{Next Chapter - 48 : Evolution}

 

  • Read 5 chapters in advance on Patreon
  • Beautiful and cute illustrations of Yui and Airi
  • Read my other 2 novels - Picking up Beautiful Girls in a zombie apocalypse
    Support me on Patreon it helps me a lot to continue writing the novel - https://www.patreon.com/asdark

7