CHAPTER 48 : EVOLUTION
321 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 48

EVOLUTION

 

As the golden light fades and things become more clear around Airi. The two girls now in awe saw a huge white Kitsune beast howling.

 

“So, the cute monster was a white Kitsune.” Yui gasped, surprisingly she enjoyed reading about yokai and the folklore of her country.

 

“Wohhooooooo….” The Kitsune howled as it looks at Airi, and lowers its head.

 

The howl was intimidating enough to alert all the goblins and they retreated trying to reform their ranks. Also giving some buffer time to Yui and Airi to cool off from their continuous attacks.

 

Airi remembered just now how she offered her vampire blood to the beast; she had a lurking feeling that the Kitsune was now under her command and her subordinate familiar.

 

“Woooo…” Making a gentle howl as the beast approached Airi.

 

Airi rubbed her hands on its nose and face and the Kitsune seemed to enjoy it.

 

“You are the same… only your size has increased and you have grown more fur….” Airi chuckled forgetting about the wound on her hands. Kitsune licked her wound and it got healed.

 

“So, you have healing powers as well. I am proud of you Kubie. That is your new name, I just now came up with it.”

 

“Woooo….” The Kitsune crazily howled again.

 

“Seems to me that he likes it very much. Nice to meet you new Kubie.” Yui came from behind Airi and even though being susceptible to its huge size she calmed down when Kubie was as docile to her.

 

Kubie now looked in the goblin’s direction and growled.

 

“You want to take revenge. Then slaughter them all.” Airi orders her new pet.

 

“Wahooooo…” Kubie howled greedily as if it wanted to test its new power on the goblins.

 

It slowly paws forward and then dashes towards the goblin who too were ready with their defensive line.

 

Apparently, these goblins were extraordinary as they showed intelligence. Hence Yui and Airi had a hard time fighting these than they did against the goblins on the ground.

 

Kubie rampages forward as it tore a few of the goblins from their torso just with its bare fangs.

 

It charges right into the center.

 

“That’s my brave Kubie. Now show me what you have got.” Airi and Yui cheer.

 

The two at the same time decided to take care of the goblins who were now filling in for the archer and mage goblins. They were some new kinds that Airi and Yui had not seen before.

 

“Yui, let’s take care of them before they hurt Kubie. Kubie might not be able to defend against long-range attacks.”

 

“Okay.” Yui dashes and leaps to the right wall, acrobatically. Holding onto the ledge she twists her body and magically augmenting it she takes an impossible second leap midair and onto the thin ledge where these archer goblins were taking cover.

 

“I will end this in one strike.” Yui uses one of her fantastical comments while unsheathing her sword and slashes all the archer goblins in one horizontal thrust.

 

As for the mage goblins on the backside. They held rusted long staffs and were channeling magic power into them to launch firepower.

 

“I won’t let you,” Airi yells, and brandishing her hands she channels her own magic power into a fire spell which she had learned in the grimoires that Mr. Egil, their guild manager recommended her to.

 

“Flame Tempest.” Airi casts the spell and a torrent of red flames covers the space and gulps the entire back space.

 

After the flames quieted on Airi releasing her magic all there was left was empty charred land. The entire band of goblins was burned to ash.

 

“Airi that was amazing. And this was your first time casting this high-level magic.” Yui was amazed to see Airi’s magic. It was more of the case for her to see magic being used for the first time.

 

And the same goes for Airi, so casting magic without any practical experience was an astounding feat in itself.

 

“Actually, that used to be a simple firebolt magic described in the book. I enhanced its performance by fusing another wind spell Tmepest. And the rest was my own magic power effects. Seems, that vampires have high magic power. But I still don’t know the standards for a half-vampire and half-human.” Airi explained to Yui.

 

“Wow, Airi you are so brilliant.” Yui knew that Airi usually worked even late nights to complete her magic study and learn everything in this world that they needed to. From basic everyday know-how knowledge to advanced stuff, she did it alone.

 

“Yui you are also amazing to learn sword skills and directly use them on the battlefield and for always so bravely protecting me.” Airi and Yui both knew that together they were the perfect team no matter the situation.

 

And they would remain undefeatable as long as they care for each other.

 

“Now let Kubie handle the rest.”

 

“I think it wants to show off to us too.”

 

Airi and Yui giggled at their pet’s illicit motivations.

 

Kubie was fighting in the middle of the goblin herd. But even being surrounded by fully armored and weaponized goblins, its sharp claws easily break through them.

 

A single leap and his fangs could shred goblins in half.

 

In the end, his overwhelming presence kept them at bay.

 

Since it prolonged the fight, Kubie decided to use its magic skill.

 

It howled and again several shadow clones of it appears this time.

 

“They are less in number this time.” Yui was worried as she counted the shadow clones were few and were not of much help in the last fight.

 

“I think something has changed. Kubie is a beast of instinct it won’t make a mistake again.” Airi speaks while watching intently.

 

And just as Airi predicted, the shadow clones did not disappear when the goblin attacked them. Instead, these shadow clones just being more than simple illusions, this time they had a physical form and launched a counterattack stunting the goblins.

 

Kubie howled in the center and took command of the shadow Kubie’s and anyone watching the fight would have run the moment they saw an army of wild Kitsune rampaging.

 

***

[Next Chapter : A Vampire's Thirst]

 

Announcement
  • Read 5 chapters in advance on Patreon
  • Beautiful and cute illustrations of Yui and Airi
  • Read my other 2 novels - Picking up Beautiful Girls in a zombie apocalypse
    Support me on Patreon it helps me a lot to continue writing the novel - https://www.patreon.com/asdark
9