Chapter – 61 : DEFEATING THE SLIME
138 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 61

DEFEATING THE SLIME

 

Airi could feel two kinds of power welling up inside of her. By sucking blood from Mia, her elemental manipulation control had grown stronger.

But a new skill had unlocked and revealed itself to her. Airi quickly analyzed the information inside her as if her blood was being burnt and reformed with new information.

“Yui I want you to let me get close to the slime.”

“Airi that’s dangerous. I can’t let you do that. And my vitality is at its limit I can’t continue to defend.” Yui was already busy trying to doge te continuous acid-throw attacks from the big slime.

A single drop of that acid was potent enough to leave a hole in the ground and Yui had already lost her armor to it. She could not risk getting Airi in danger.

Airi brandishes her hands and concentrates on her newly achieved power. Her eyes glow red and a myriad of magic power exits her palm.

At the same time, Yui’s body blazes with her blue aura. While she had thought her magic level had almost been depleted, it was rekindled again. More precisely she could feel herself a lot stronger and still growing.

“Airi did you do this?” Yui asks in astonishment noticing the surge in power inside her body.

“Seems like it's working fine on the first try itself,” Airi says with a confident smile on her face. Her fatigue and weakness had vanished after sucking blood from Mia.

One of the new skills Airi learned was augmentation support magic.

“Now can you do it for me?” Airi asked again.

“….Fine.” Yui said forcibly because now she possibly had no reason to refuse Airi.

“Ok. I will make sure this ends in one blow.” Airi was back to her usual perfect magnificent self.

“But let me first tire it out a bit more. I think I am around that part.”

Yui like a warrior girl rolled to her feet, dodging another fast projectile of the demon slime, her eyes now blazing with determination. She knew her power had been quadrupled by Airi’s support magic so she had nothing to fear.

Her defense and attack power was at their peak now.

She raised her sword and charged forward once again, this time aiming for the center of the slime.

The demon slime laughed, its body splitting in two and then reforming as the warrior girl's sword swung through the empty air. The demon flowed towards her, its massive body crushing everything in its path as it sought to engulf Yui.

But she did not flinch and as if her instincts had already seen that coming, she jams her legs into the ground. Rotating her torso, she swung her hand this time charging her sword with her blue aura.

“Take this.”

The blue aura ends up splitting the slime further and pushes it back. Putting a huge distance between them. This was the first time the slime had backed off.

But Yui did not decide to stop there. Receiving Ari’s continuous support magic, her movements had become fast and she could already feel the difference. Like lightning she catches up to the demon slime.

Yui takes position, her sword flashing as she continuously hacked and slashed at the demon slime. Her strikes were quick and precise, each one sending a spray of the demon's smudge flying through the air.

The demon slime roared in rage, its body swelling at the same time it prepared to unleash its full power. But Yui was not afraid. Its body began to glow blue and something in between its body popped in the middle.

“That’s it. Yui’s that’s its magic core. Till now it was mixed in its slime. This is the first time it has revealed it.”

“Yeah. I know.”

The big slime opens wide from the top and big greyish clouds of acid rain form above.

Yui had already left the close proximity and headed towards Airi who had by then raised a magic barrier over herself and Mia.

“Are you alright Yui,” Airi asks worriedly as Yui takes shelter in the magic barrier.

“Yes, that support magic really helped. It made me almost four times stronger than I usually am at my full power.”

After the acid rain stopped and it seemed like the demon slime had used most of its magic power.

“Ok. Then let’s finish this together.”

Yui holds Airi by her waist and in turn, she puts her hands around her neck. The two feel closer and Airi felt herself much safer in Yui’s arms.

“Mia we will be coming back soon. You can rest here safe.”

“Yeah, I will be fine. Please defeat that monster.” Mia despite her weakness somehow was confident that the two girls in front of her could achieve this victory. They were not afraid of the demon slime and worked together to figure out a way to overcome it.

“Let’s go,” Yui yells and she dashes towards the demon slime with her sword raised. Airi was holding onto her tight and it made Yui feel more powerful.

The demon slime seems to be reconstruing its magic and replenishing its slime part. This was the only cool-off period the duo could exploit.

And Airi exactly knew how to do it.

In a last attempt, the slime launched a few acid projectiles at them, but Yui blocked them with her sword.

The two were now almost five meters apart from the big slime monster.

Airi could now finally see exactly how big the slime was and Yui was fighting it all alone till this time.

“This is close enough.”

Airi concentrates while Yui stood by her side ready to protect her from any danger. Airi’s body was now burning with a fiery red aura and her hands a much deeper shade of red flames.

“Airi you need to be fast. The slime might hide its core again.”

Yui already knew that if she tried to directly strike the core her sword would melt, so their best bet was magic. But the demon slime was capable of devouring magic.

That’s why Airi had decided that instead of using magic to kill it, she would evaporate its whole body.

“Crescent Flame Magic.” Airi with her raised hands channels all her magic power releasing a tempest of flames at the slime. But instead of being concentrated, it revolved around the slime without actually hitting it.

Soon the flames transformed into a tornado and the slime was at the center of it.

***

[Next Chapter : A SMALL ADDITION]

 

Announcement
  • Read 5 chapters in advance on Patreon
  • Beautiful and cute illustrations of Yui and Airi
  • Read my other 2 novels - Picking up Beautiful Girls in a zombie apocalypse
    Support me on Patreon it helps me a lot to continue writing the novel - https://www.patreon.com/asdark
4